HF Habs: HuGo Moves Approval Rates (Year III)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you approve the following moves/decisions - Select all what you agree with

• Montembeault Extension

Votes: 118 83.7%
  • Monahan Trade

Votes: 134 95.0%
  • Allen Trade

Votes: 124 87.9%
  • Demidov pick

Votes: 140 99.3%
  • 26<->21 picks swap

Votes: 124 87.9%
  • Hage pick

Votes: 135 95.7%
  • Rest of 2024 picks

Votes: 71 50.4%
  • Kovacevic trade

Votes: 116 82.3%
  • ABB signature

Votes: 54 38.3%
  • Slafkovsky extension

Votes: 134 95.0%
  • Xhekaj Extension

Votes: 132 93.6%
  • Barron Extension

Votes: 116 82.3%
  • Guhle Extension

Votes: 133 94.3%
  • Laine Trade

Votes: 138 97.9%
  • Pascal Vincent

Votes: 50 35.5%
  • Burrows non replacement

Votes: 27 19.1%

• Total voters

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Frankly, my only 2 main issues right now are Vincent and not replacing Burrows. So it's coaching. And we all know that there's just no way to be sure it will or won't work out.

Other concerns are the rest of the 2024 draft after Hage. to me, right now, if you compare both drafts, 2023, and 2024, it looks worst in 2024 despite having 2 picks in the 70's....But that's just right now....it's a pure guess. And the other minor issue as far as players are concerned is Barron....not a fan. Never was. But 2 years isn't the end of the world. And might be a fine contract for the other team if we have to move him.

So it's minor. the MAJOR moves.....were all on point I think. Really impressed.

One thing...when we are ready...whether it's inside or out....I want a 3rd and 4th line tough to play against. Real bottom lines. With some upside but mostly, defensive, speed and physical oriented especially the 4th. But that will be in due time.

Reactions: zx81

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Pretty much agree with how the New organisation has managed things so far.
I just wish that they could have found a way to get rid of dead weights and Albatros contracts of Price, Gallagher, Anderson and Dvorak before these anchors expire.

Jul 6, 2016
Pretty much agree with how the New organisation has managed things so far.
I just wish that they could have found a way to get rid of dead weights and Albatros contracts of Price, Gallagher, Anderson and Dvorak before these anchors expire.
It was already hard to get rid of Hoffman, Weber and Drouin. Price contract is way too heavy to trade away. Gally is a bottom line player at best now with the salary of top-6. Same with Anderson. Dvorak is starring his last year contract and I would not be surprised if he is dealt sooner rather than later. Habs don’t have many prospects to play bottom-six, and they still have cap space to keep those vets a little longer.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The organization has now a vision which was lacking previously. Deals are made to improve the team longterm. No more short term fixes. I do have to admit though that the BargainBin left with a few assets that HuGo managed to sell at a maximum.

Barron, Allen re-signing, some drafted prospects and the 2nd Petry trade are moves that backfired, but overall HuGo has concocted something magical by adding high picks through trades.

Slaf Suz Cauf
Laine Dach Newhook
Demidov

You add Roy and Beck to that, you got a caliber NHL top 9, if everyone stays healthy. There are still lots of ifs, hopefully everything works out. The Slaf signing was a little too soon, in my opinion.

Dvorak and Armia will be gone next summer. While Price, Anderson and Gallagher are the remaining dead weight.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Among the many good moves made, beyond individual contracts, it's amazing how they manage to convince players to adhere to a common cost structure. For our long term hope this is such a huge, underrated deal. Especially with a GM that knows how to capitalize on cap space.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Sorry for what is coming, but to put things into perspective : A throwback to summer 2017..

Bergevin in one off season, just one off season in the summer 2017, managed to pull off this masterpiece:
  • Let Markov walk
  • Let Radulov walk
  • Sign Karl Alzner
  • Trade Sergachev for Drouin
  • Sign Jakub Jerabek
  • Sign Andreas Martinsen
  • Trade Nathan Beaulieu
  • Trade for David Schlemko
  • Draft Ryan Poehling
  • Extend Carey Price
  • Sign Ales Hemsky
  • Extend Alex Galchenyuk
  • Sign mark Streit
  • Lose Alexei Emelin to Vegas expansion
I dont know who the F are the hockey historians Bob is talking about, but I hope they paid attention..

Last edited:

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Sorry for what is coming, but to put things into perspective : A throwback to summer 2017..

Bergevin in one off season, just one off season in the summer 2017, managed to pull off this masterpiece:
  • Let Markov walk
  • Sign Karl Alzner
  • Sign Jakub Jerabek
  • Sign Andreas Martinsen
  • Trade Nathan Beaulieu
  • Draft Ryan Poehling
  • Extend Carey Price
  • Sign Ales Hemsky
  • Extend Alex Galchenyuk
  • Sign mark Streit
I dont know who the F are the hockey historians Bob is talking about, but I hope they paid attention..
A snapshot of the famous Bergevin "plan". This is ok if you think nightmares are not necessarily bad for you.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Frankly, my only 2 main issues right now are Vincent and not replacing Burrows. So it's coaching. And we all know that there's just no way to be sure it will or won't work out.

Other concerns are the rest of the 2024 draft after Hage. to me, right now, if you compare both drafts, 2023, and 2024, it looks worst in 2024 despite having 2 picks in the 70's....But that's just right now....it's a pure guess. And the other minor issue as far as players are concerned is Barron....not a fan. Never was. But 2 years isn't the end of the world. And might be a fine contract for the other team if we have to move him.

So it's minor. the MAJOR moves.....were all on point I think. Really impressed.

One thing...when we are ready...whether it's inside or out....I want a 3rd and 4th line tough to play against. Real bottom lines. With some upside but mostly, defensive, speed and physical oriented especially the 4th. But that will be in due time.

I think that line is being built right now featuring Xhekaj and Tuch in Laval.

• Let Markov walk
  • Sign Karl Alzner
  • Sign Jakub Jerabek
  • Sign Andreas Martinsen
  • Trade Nathan Beaulieu
  • Draft Ryan Poehling
  • Extend Carey Price
  • Sign Ales Hemsky
  • Extend Alex Galchenyuk
  • Sign mark Streit
Forgot : Let Radulov walk
A spectacular moron......

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

• Let Markov walk
  • Let Radulov walk
  • Sign Karl Alzner
  • Sign Jakub Jerabek
  • Sign Andreas Martinsen
  • Trade Nathan Beaulieu
  • Draft Ryan Poehling
  • Extend Carey Price
  • Sign Ales Hemsky
  • Extend Alex Galchenyuk
  • Sign mark Streit
And you forgot to add Radulov to that list.

«ON A UNE MEILLEURE DÉFENSIVE QUE L’AN DERNIER» - MARC BERGEVIN

It’s hilarious because Bergevin had a few off season that could give that 2017 summer a run for it’s money.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
What makes me laugh about the site is when my ad blocker is on, I can see not 10, not 20, but a fricking 304 ads being blocked. It's astonishing really. I love you all guys, but one day if I find a decent alternative I will jump on it.

Regarding the pool, many other decisions could have been added, like sending Armia to the AHL (clear message), etc.
I can't even use this site on Chrome on my phone anymore. Ads are far too intrusive and make it unusable.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

• Let Markov walk
  • Let Radulov walk
  • Sign Karl Alzner
  • Sign Jakub Jerabek
  • Sign Andreas Martinsen
  • Trade Nathan Beaulieu
  • Draft Ryan Poehling
  • Extend Carey Price
  • Sign Ales Hemsky
  • Extend Alex Galchenyuk
  • Sign mark Streit
The summer of 2017 when he shocked all habs fans by letting them know, he was as unqualified to be a GM as Reggie Houle.
He did a lot of stupid things the first 5 years too, But 2017 took the cake......this was the season where the players showed up at camp in disbelief. The team was awful, and the idiot had the audacity to say they showed up in camp, with a bad attitude................................can't imagine why.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The only thing I've actually been kinda peeved about since Gorton's hiring is the Mesar pick, but I had Hutson at that pick anyways so it's a wash. Everything else has either been fantastic, or at least the thinking behind it was sound. Not to mention the degree of professionalism is night and day from Bergevin.

Remember when some fans said to pick guys with skating/skill vs someone like Poehling? Didn't Mesar classify as a skater/skilled type? I saw several fans say this over and over again.

In this last draft, they clearly went after all 3... Skating/Skill/Size. That's what we should be doing and guys like Hutson should be picked outside of the 1st round.... regardless of how he turned out.

Just because you might draft someone like Hutson in the 1st round (and it's a hit), it doesn't make anybody a genius. It is basically taking a high risk and getting lucky.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The summer of 2017 when he shocked all habs fans by letting them know, he was as unqualified to be a GM as Reggie Houle.
He did a lot of stupid things the first 5 years too, But 2017 took the cake......this was the season where the players showed up at camp in disbelief. The team was awful, and the idiot had the audacity to say they showed up in camp, with a bad attitude................................can't imagine why.

Bergevin quote... "Expect the Unexpected".

It's all winded down to where we are today. There will be parts left from Bergevin that will be part of our core for a decade or more. I'm not the type to hate or jump on someone's back so I personally rather let Bergevin live in piece now that he is not with us. Makes no sense to bully him on the internet. We all know his long term vision had flaws as a GM. Lets leave it at that.

Focus should be today and future with Gorton/Hughes/MSL. This summer was a A+ for me.

Reactions: BLONG7

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Among the many good moves made, beyond individual contracts, it's amazing how they manage to convince players to adhere to a common cost structure. For our long term hope this is such a huge, underrated deal. Especially with a GM that knows how to capitalize on cap space.
Building a culture of excellence that players want to be a part of.

It's a treat to watch them methodically re+build this organization from the ground up.

Reactions: tazsub3

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bergevin quote... "Expect the Unexpected".

It's all winded down to where we are today. There will be parts left from Bergevin that will be part of our core for a decade or more. I'm not the type to hate or jump on someone's back so I personally rather let Bergevin live in piece now that he is not with us. Makes no sense to bully him on the internet. We all know his long term vision had flaws as a GM. Lets leave it at that.

Focus should be today and future with Gorton/Hughes/MSL. This summer was a A+ for me.
Couldn't agree more, but with pro sports, fans can't help be drawn back when the organization did stupid things etc He thought he was all that, and a bag a chips, turns out, he was a rotten potato.....
I always say now, trust the process and better days ahead.

This is where we are.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad