Hughes vs Caufield first 22 career games in the NHL, 9 points vs 12 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Gets the best line to play on gets PP time and is on a 22 goal pace while cheating defensively...Now do you understand why it's a little too much hype? I think you are mixing up "too high of expectations and too much hype' with 'sucks ass and should quit'

And there goes your credibility. I'll let someone else takeover

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Jack Hughes is the next Patrik Stefan. Actually he might be the 2nd "Next Patrik Stefan" the devil's have drafted because Nico Hischier is doing a pretty good Patrik Stefan impersonation himself, just not quite as good as Jack's. Poor Devils :laugh:.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Take this thread as you please, don't care, i just thought this was interesting.
(due the fact that they were linemates while playing for the USNTDP)

Hughes first 22 career games, 9 points

1 point vs Rangers
1 point vs Canucks
3 points vs Coyotes
1 point vs Flyers
1 point vs Hurricanes
2 points vs Flames

Ice time per game :

15:12 (1 sog))
14:23 (2 sog)
14:34 (0 sog)
15:52 (3 sog)
17:36 (4 sog)
13:09 (2 sog)
13:50 (1 sog)
19:17 (4 sog)
20:19 (1 sog)
17:46 (1 sog)
15:01 (4 sog)
12:35 (1 sog)
14:26 (2 sog)
16:33 (1 sog)
17:14 (3 sog)
18:13 (1 sog)
15:05 (1 sog)
14:55 (1 sog)
13:55 (1 sog)
19:00 (4 sog)

Caufield first 22 career games, 12 points
(7 of them in the play-offs)

1 point vs Senators
1 point vs Leafs
1 point vs Leafs
2 points vs Oilers
1 point vs Leafs
1 point vs Jets
1 point vs Jets
1 point vs Jets
1 point vs Knights
1 point vs Knights
1 point vs Knights

Ice time per game :

15:40 (4 sog)
13:59 (2 sog)
10:59 (3 sog)
11:49 (3 sog)
12:17 (3 sog)
14:46 (3 sog)
15:26 (5 sog)
12:46 (1 sog)
15:37 (2 sog)
16:25 (5 sog)
15:50 (3 sog)
19:33 (1 sog)
16:49 (2 sog)
18:25 (1 sog)
14:25 (1 sog)
14:10 (1 sog)
12:02 (5 sog)
13:01 (6 sog)
17:09 (3 sog)
15:43 (6 sog)
12:24 (1 sog)
17:02 (2 sog)

Hits, blocked shots, give aways, take aways,

Hughes : 5-8-21-15
Caufield : 8-2-12-9

PS. During Hughes rookie season, the schedule was normal,
when Caufield's rookie season been Covid-19 schedule.

Totally unfair to Hughes. Not the same position and most importantly, not brpught in the same context. One is a rookie playing in a supporting role with many older and more established teammates. Furthermore, his team has less weaknesses in the defence and goaltending department

The other brought in from the get-go as the main if not one the main pieces of the organization.

UED

May 2, 2021
You do realize 8 points in 22 games is not really a strong pace yes?
Pinto in 12 games got 7 even strength points and sens fans dont have him in the top five of the young players,
hopefully CC turns into a great playe, but every game they add up his world juniors and NCAA +regular season+ playstation goals and tell the audience 'how many' goals he scored this year. It too much
Pinto was outscored by both his linemates in the NCAA, and scored 1 goal and 2 primary assists(one of which was just a faceoff win and an empty net shot by Zaitsev) in 12 games in the NHL regular season. Caufield has 1 secondary assist in his NHL career so far, everything else is primary, no empty net points. If you want to compare points you should use Stutzle instead. He had a pace of 8.3 non-PP points per 22 games, and one of his points was an empty netter, so 7.88 in 22 without it. I know at least 3 of his 5on5 assists were secondary.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Jack Hughes is the next Patrik Stefan. Actually he might be the 2nd "Next Patrik Stefan" the devil's have drafted because Nico Hischier is doing a pretty good Patrik Stefan impersonation himself, just not quite as good as Jack's. Poor Devils :laugh:.
Lol imagine comparing Hischier to Stefan. Shows how much you know. Hischier plays a complete game, it's not his fault his team sucks ass.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
This just in, 15th overall drafted player has better players to play with in his first season at 20 than the player picked 1st overall at 18

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
What?!

A one of the youngest playmaking Center who instantly joined the nhl after the draft and played with bellow average linemates didn't get as many points as a Winger who had an extra year of development?

Shocking!

Why hasn't this been reported on TSN, ESPN, and Sportsnet!

Oh @GeorgeLeafer12 is Finnish, That explains the thread. How a group of Finnish posters can still be Salty that Hughes was picked over Kakko and that Kakko is a worse player then Hughes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riddum

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
OMG

Kappo Kakko had 7 points in his first 20 games while Caufield had 12 points! I bet the Rangers really wish they picked Caufield!

I wonder if Kakko would even be picked in the 1st round in a redraft?

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Lol imagine comparing Hischier to Stefan. Shows how much you know. Hischier plays a complete game, it's not his fault his team sucks ass.
I mostly was comparing JH to Patrik Stefan, but Hischier has been pretty underwhelming for a 1st overall pick as well. His "complete game" sure doesn't seem to help the Devils all that much, considering he's 4 years into his NHL career. He's actually probably closer to Nugent-Hopkins. Still kind of disappointing, tbh.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I don’t know if he ends up the best forward from the draft but most scouting reports had Caufield as the best pure offensive talent /goalscorer in the draft. Only reason he fell to 15 is that NHL GMs are still dinosaurs and they’ll continue to let talents like Caufield/Debrincat/Point slide because they still believe you have to be 225 to be a good forward.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I mostly was comparing JH to Patrik Stefan, but Hischier has been pretty underwhelming for a 1st overall pick as well. His "complete game" sure doesn't seem to help the Devils all that much, considering he's 4 years into his NHL career. He's actually probably closer to Nugent-Hopkins. Still kind of disappointing, tbh.

he never ever ever posts about Kakko. Obsessed with Hughes. Stupid garbage posts saying Cole should essentially be the number one pick if you read between the lines. May his stupid Garbage posts die like all the rest of His embarrassing posts. Never seen anyone post so much about Jack Hughes like this garbage poster. Strange obsession.

Devils fans are happy with Jack FYI.

Jack Hughes was always supposed to take 2-3 years before hitting his stride. Kakko was supposed to hit the ground running, but of course the poster won’t make any posts about that because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

FYI happy for Cole. Good for him!

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
he never ever ever posts about Kakko. Obsessed with Hughes. Stupid garbage posts saying Cole should essentially be the number one pick if you read between the lines. May his stupid Garbage posts die like all the rest of His embarrassing posts. Never seen anyone post so much about Jack Hughes like this garbage poster. Strange obsession.

Devils fans are happy with Jack FYI.

Jack Hughes was always supposed to take 2-3 years before hitting his stride. Kakko was supposed to hit the ground running, but of course the poster won’t make any posts about that because it doesn’t fit the narrative.
Who are you talking about? I've barely ever posted about Hughes. Devil's aren't relevant enough to have haters. The posts you label as hate are likely just uncomfortable truths that your bias doesn't let you see as such.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Who are you talking about? I've barely ever posted about Hughes. Devil's aren't relevant enough to have haters. The posts you label as hate are likely just uncomfortable truths that your bias doesn't let you see as such.

who asked about you? You ok bruh? Lol yikes…

george leafer does this garbage all the time and then leaves. It’s a garbage post and he know it and then leaves when others call him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad