Value of: Huberdeau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I think the Panthers could use LD help but they'd be stupid to trade Huderdeau to address that need. A cheaper, reliable middle pairing guy would suffice.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
I think the Panthers could use LD help but they'd be stupid to trade Huderdeau to address that need. A cheaper, reliable middle pairing guy would suffice.

I think the top4 is set for years.

Yandle 29- Ekblad 20
Matheson 22- Demers 28.

Unless Huby wants out trading him doesn't make sense, 23y proven 1st line winger.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I think the top4 is set for years.

Yandle 29- Ekblad 20
Matheson 22- Demers 28.

Unless Huby wants out trading him doesn't make sense, 23y proven 1st line winger.

Off topic really but that's putting an awful lot of faith and pressure on Matheson after a total of 8 NHL games. Wouldn't you want to add someone, even a a 1 year deal?

I agree with you on Huberdeau.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
Off topic really but that's putting an awful lot of faith and pressure on Matheson after a total of 8 NHL games. Wouldn't you want to add someone, even a a 1 year deal?

I agree with you on Huberdeau.

Not right now, I'm fine starting with that and seeing how it works, then make moves at the deadline if needed.
I'm pretty confident thats a playoff level defense.

Matheson has minimun 3 defenseman ahead of him in the rankings and Demers is a good veteran to start with.
Then add a good 3rd pairing that should be able to play solid minutes and help top pairings.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
If Huberdeau is available, I hope Habs will give a ton for him! He's a great player!

I don't see there being a deal that Montreal could make that would make the Panthers jump to move Huberdeau, who would be the best player moving in the trade. I mean, we have some interesting pieces in Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Carr, Sherbak, McCarron, and Juulson. But do any say 3 of those players return Huberdeau? Highly doubtful. And we don't have any redundant players that would be able to be used to make a 1 for 1 hockey trade.

Habs are only likely to make a trade with a rebuilding team if a high skill player is available. Florida is competing now and Huberdeau will be a big part of that.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Unless a proven young scorer is coming back that plays the same position I don't see a deal done. The Panthers are stacked almost in every position. They aren't in a situation of having to make bad deals in order to make the team better (see the Hall - Larsson trade). Doubt they'd package him for draft picks either unless the pick or picks come back with a chip added.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I believe that they could trade Huby, I just do not see an available upgrade around the league, and why would we deal him for picks without a ready replacement? Makes no sense.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Kulikov had 17 points on the PP and top 4.

17 points.

Pysyk does not need to have any offense to outproduce him. If he can hit the net on even 2 of 10 shots he will outproduce him with this roster.

I think you are underrating the system being played and the roster we currently have. But, thats why they play the games.

No Stanley Cups awarded on July 16th.

Exactly.. which means we gotta wait and see how this d pans out cause right now it is unproven and a big risk.... it has potential to better but it has potential to be alot worse too.. all I know is the d we had last year helped us to a 1st place division finish and top 10 in goals against... team chemistry coukd be a tire fire now too with all the changes on d and in management.. just ing by some players behaviors I'm not sure everyone around the org is happy

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Unless you are Huby or the with the Organization, that is a sad story to try and make something out of nothing. Why? Because you said so? Sure.

All you need to do is look at Nick Bjugstad. Who led the team in scoring when Hubs played with Nick.

I do not remember Bergenheim or Boyes leading the team. Weird.

You should be asking that series of questions from yourself tbh if the situation is that unclear for you. If a player stays on the first line for that long with that performance, usually changes are needed. You think that Bjugstad played all season with proper players? That's is some straw man stuff. He was given what the depth of the org allowed and later on in the season came Hudler and Purcell who did the Houdini in the playoffs. That's ok, I don't expect you to remember much, but Bergenheim and Boyes didn't exactly led the team but they played much better considering their expectations when teamed up with Barkov. Barkov and Huberdeau was such meh, which still continues today due to lack of options and there's no good reason to break Troch's line.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Campbell. Mitchells Comments, the article that says tallon isn't really involved in the decision making process anymore... therewas a lot of moving parts this offseason that coukd have left a bad taste with some people.. this stuff doesn't usually happen after franchise personal best.. maybe that's y campbell wanted gone... who knows it's just very risky to make all these moves with a young team that has proven they r on the right path

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
You should be asking that series of questions from yourself tbh if the situation is that unclear for you. If a player stays on the first line for that long with that performance, usually changes are needed. You think that Bjugstad played all season with proper players? That's is some straw man stuff. He was given what the depth of the org allowed and later on in the season came Hudler and Purcell who did the Houdini in the playoffs. That's ok, I don't expect you to remember much, but Bergenheim and Boyes didn't exactly led the team but they played much better considering their expectations when teamed up with Barkov. Barkov and Huberdeau was such meh, which still continues today due to lack of options and there's no good reason to break Troch's line.

This is becoming unbereable... barkov and huby is meh? Huby never went through a slump of extended poor play.. hence he stays on top line where he belongs.. there's a difference between snake bitten and poor play.. he still did all the little things right and remained responsible in his own end.. he battled through it like good players do and finished very strong.. he is a stud... this is getting embarrassing for u

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Campbell. Mitchells Comments, the article that says tallon isn't really involved in the decision making process anymore... therewas a lot of moving parts this offseason that coukd have left a bad taste with some people.. this stuff doesn't usually happen after franchise personal best.. maybe that's y campbell wanted gone... who knows it's just very risky to make all these moves with a young team that has proven they r on the right path

Campbell wanted out in 2011. Mitchell is no longer with the team. Tallon says hes happy, and if not what could we do, I think it is overblown a bit.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Who are you going to get to replace Huberdeau for the same money who is better? And downgrading is not an option.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad