Post-Game Talk: Howard plays great, Wings still lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm very curious as to what Holland is going to do. Every ****ing year, we hear about how if you're in the playoff picture around Thanksgiving, you're likely to make the playoffs. We aren't going to be there before December 1st. So does he accept that or does he finally learn how to make an impact trade?

I'm kind of scared about what he's going to do...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Hahaha. That Blashill pic. I needed that laugh.

This team has no talent, with perplexing decisions at every level (GM, Coach, players) and has to be the most boring team to watch in the league. I survived the 80's Wings. Wonder if my fandom will survive this version.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Anyway, my boy Sproul looked good. Jimmy and Ericsson too. Bertuzzi was good. Mantha had some really good moments (retrieval and protecting the puck). Most others were *****.

And yet still can't score. That's what we drafted him in the 1st round for...

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We don't get any goals
Goalies don't get good stats
Dmen would be almost all minus if not already

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm very curious as to what Holland is going to do. Every ****ing year, we hear about how if you're in the playoff picture around Thanksgiving, you're likely to make the playoffs. We aren't going to be there before December 1st. So does he accept that or does he finally learn how to make an impact trade?

I'm all for trading both Larkin and Mantha. Package them up for someone who can score or a defenseman.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Wait for vanek

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Holland isn't going to do a damn thing. He doesn't make trades. He is good for 2 things:
1) Bringing back RFAs to longterm deals, giving them double their value
2) Signing terrible UFAs

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
how about playing prevent defence all game when the other team is down one line. How about sheham top 6 min with 18 games.3 points.
-10. This guy is clueless.

Wow, how short is your memory?

How about Babcock's penchant for shell hockey when up by a goal? How about putting a decrepit Daniel Cleary alongside Datsyuk to get Datsyuk going? How about playing Glendening 15 minutes a night? How about cementing Abdelkader to the Z/D line for two years before Abdelkader learned how to produce up there? How about overplaying Ericsson and Q relentlessly? Trying to convert Smith to a defensive defenseman? Using Tatar, a defensive liability, on the point of the PP? Demoting Legwand to 4C despite him kickstarting Nyquist upon his arrival?

Jesus, man.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
how many more vets does Holland sign this offseason to try to get us into the playoffs for our inaugural season at the pizza Caesar arena

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Hahaha. That Blashill pic. I needed that laugh.

This team has no talent, with perplexing decisions at every level (GM, Coach, players) and has to be the most boring team to watch in the league. I survived the 80's Wings. Wonder if my fandom will survive this version.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Anyway, my boy Sproul looked good. Jimmy and Ericsson too. Bertuzzi was good. Mantha had some really good moments (retrieval and protecting the puck). Most others were *****.

At least the 80s were entertaining with yzerman and fighting and building for the future. This is just craptastic.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
Rightly or wrongly, people blasted Babcock ever since he was named the coach of the Wings, Blashill will get the same treatment. That's especially true when the Wings players have regressed mightily since Blashill took over.

You have a couple options.

1. Fire the coach, that's the easiest and most likely way to do it.
2. Trade players to wake up the team, Holland doesn't do that, so that isn't an option.

The only option is to fire Blashill if this team continues to play horribly, it may not be all of his fault, but he isn't getting any results and that's his job.

I don't think it's a totally blame the coach reaction, but at the same time, many players that seemed to be progressing into decent NHL players have regressed under Blashill.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Wow, how short is your memory?

How about Babcock's penchant for shell hockey when up by a goal? How about putting a decrepit Daniel Cleary alongside Datsyuk to get Datsyuk going? How about playing Glendening 15 minutes a night? How about cementing Abdelkader to the Z/D line for two years before Abdelkader learned how to produce up there? How about overplaying Ericsson and Q relentlessly? Trying to convert Smith to a defensive defenseman? Using Tatar, a defensive liability, on the point of the PP? Demoting Legwand to 4C despite him kickstarting Nyquist upon his arrival?

Jesus, man.

so it's okay that Blashill does stupid things because Babcock did too?

not sure what your overall point here is,either way he's still made some colossally dumb moves

Blashill has been a huge disappointment,all the stupidity of Babcock and minus his good points

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
HKbzKEm.png
OMG!! That Blashill pic! hilarious!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Needs some of this.

your welcome:popcorn:

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
"we can take some positives from this game"

NO, Riley, you can't. I'm so sick of this garbage. How about they take accountability for their terrible play. The only positive was Jimmy Howard, that's it.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Holland isn't going to do a damn thing. He doesn't make trades. He is good for 2 things:
1) Bringing back RFAs to longterm deals, giving them double their value
2) Signing terrible UFAs

So you think he's just going to ignore his team slipping down the standings? Holland panics and pisses away picks on veterans when the team is in 9th...If we're far out of the picture for much longer, he's not just going to fold his hands.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Aside from putting Tatar out there when pulling Jimmy, I've got not much to complain about Blash tonight. Sproul got his chance, Mantha got his chance.
Kronner got limited IT. It's the team that ****ed up yet again. Let's not act as if he didn't cost us points before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad