How would a comparison between Kulak and Travis Dermott shape up?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Liberated

Aug 19, 2024
I don't understand fancy stats or analytics, but hearing Stauf drop a hint that we might offer a PTo to a former player of Knoblauchs brings up Tinordi and Dermott.That got me thinking that I wonder if Dermott might be a better option for a 3rd pair LD, and if so signing him cheap would be helpful to save some additional cap space.

can Dermott do what kulak can for us? Maybe even more?

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Dermott could not keep a job on the Maple Leafs blueline, need more?

He does not really hit much. Or Block shots. Doesn't give the puck away mind you. no real offense to speak off, despite being deployed in a more offensive role, although last year was used heavily defensively. and bled goals. Just not a lot to say he is an NHL player at this point, and soon turning 28.

Pass.

Reactions: MessierII

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd rather Schultz even though I don't know how much his game fell off but at least he has some cup experience.,

Can't beleive he's 34 already. Seems like yesterday that him, Hall, Nuge and Eberle were collecting trophies at Oil City.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think the better question is what does Dermott do better than Kulak?

I'd say Kulak's better defensively, plus he's pretty good about bringing the same steady game, regardless of whether he's playing with Barrie, Desharnais, or even Bouchard.

Still I'd have time a lot of time for Dermott. The right side is lacking in established quality behind Bouchard, but the depth isn't bad. Meanwhile, the left side has its main 3 and then nothing. Dermott should be able to slip through waivers, similar to another former Leaf in the system, Connor Carrick, providing you with some NHL depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad