Salary Cap: How will Nonis use the remaining compliance buy-out and retained salary transaction?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Grabo is the only one I could see being bought out but possibly traded. JML is a much more manageable contract and is an easier asset to move. He could be traded at the deadline for a pick probably.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Grabovski and Liles should be dumped. More so Grabovski, because he throws the center salary structure way out of whack. Kadri, Bolland and Bozak just look at $5,500,000 million and they're laughing. We won't miss Grabo very much even if he does return to form. There's other guys out there.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Unless there is an asset for compliance buyout trade opportunity that Nonis can pull the trigger on, they will save the remaining compliance buyout for 2014.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
most likely for 2014 for grabo. if he doesn't return to form it will be used on him most likely.

Phil Collins

Mar 5, 2013
Sunnyvale NS
I agree with the great majority of people here, this is a total waste of a compliance buy-out. Seems uncharacteristic of Nonis, something must be up...

nc

Jul 25, 2010
2 days until free agency!! Anything can happen between now and then! :nod:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I agree with the great majority of people here, this is a total waste of a compliance buy-out. Seems uncharacteristic of Nonis, something must be up...

I'm guessing Nonis concluded Komi was the least moveable asset. The move puts us at 19 mil in space with only Kadri and Franson as critical RFA's. If we call them 6 mil that's 13 mil for a dman and three wingers or a dman, 2 wingers , a center and shift grabo to wing.

13 Mil would get Weiss, Clarkson and Scudari which would solve most of our problems.

JVR- Kadri - Kessel
Lupul-Grabs- ?
? -Bolland- Kuleman
McLaren -McClem- Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Liles-Franson
Gardiner-Fraser

Becomes

JVR-Weiss-Kess
Lupul-Kadri-Grabo
Kuleman-Bolland-Clarkson
McLaren-McClem-Orr

Phaneuf-Scudari
Gardner-Franson
Gunnarson-Liles
Fraser-

Bernier-Remier

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
no need to retain $$ for either Grabo, or Liles ...once Friday hits, and Wiess/Filppula get $6+ on 7 year deals then Grabo's contract will be cheap in comparison.

during UFA week
GM's = duh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad