How will Fleury perform this post-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
WrDPV1F.jpg

How do you think will Fleury perform this post-season?

My prediction: average to mediocre

Last edited:

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
How do you think will Fleury perform this post-season?

My prediction: average to mediocre

Will this defense clear the traffic? Will this defense get in anyone's way?? Will these forwards backcheck??? Bad postseason for Fleury because major problems have not been addressed by moves as ridiculous as re-acquiring Ben Lovejoy.

Last edited:

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
i say average to above average. not as good as earlier in the season but good enough that he's not the problem(there will be plenty of problems) and he keeps us in a few games. so basically one of the more generic answers possible

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
A good defense in front of Fleury didn't make much of a difference in the last post-season outings.. he tends to give up a lot of softies in the post-season for whatever reason.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The same as usual

Will start the playoffs with a shutout and will be benched by the end of the series in which we will be getting eliminated because of his play in games 3-4

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
The same as usual

Will start the playoffs with a shutout and will be benched by the end of the series in which we will be getting eliminated because of his play in games 3-4
I could see that happening too..

If that does manifest, it should make for a long off-season.

Why JR would sign the most embattled goalie in the NHL to a contract extension? You got me.. that is just beyond insane, which is par for the course given the Pens' managerial ineptitude.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I could see that happening too..

If that does manifest, it should make for a long off-season.

Why JR would sign the most embattled goalie in the NHL to a contract extension? You got me.. that is just beyond insane, which is par for the course given the Pens' managerial ineptitude.

Look at what JR has done in Carolina in the last few years, I mean it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

I like the guy but he wasn't the answer to our problems, that was a big reason why I was hoping it was Mcguire, the guy might be an ass or sound like one anyways on radio/TV, but he knows there are a lot more important things with a team then just trading for veterans. He also knows a **** load about prospects and could have turned things around in the long run. With JR, there is no hope for another 4-5 years and you can forget about next year's 1st rounder if the old man is still here.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
If our defensemen continue to refuse to clear the crease, I can't see him performing above average. I don't think he will melt down, but I don't think he's going to steal us many games either.

The team really isn't built to go very far this year unless Fleury goes full JS Giguere.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
If our defensemen continue to refuse to clear the crease, I can't see him performing above average. I don't think he will melt down, but I don't think he's going to steal us many games either.

The team really isn't built to go very far this year unless Fleury goes full JS Giguere.

I sure hope Fleury has ordered that new gear!!!!

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I went with average. Hopefully Letang and Hoff will be back for the playoffs. If not their defense is a joke. Good thing they were able to bring back Lovejoy though. He's been a difference maker...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Considering last year he had his 2nd best numbers ever in the playoffs after a new goalie coach and has had a damn good season so far as well, I am going to lean towards Excellent.

I still think we haven't seen the best MAF can offer.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The same as usual

Yeah, like last season...

Oh wait.

Which year are you using as the most irrelevant example? As the cool kids are doing and stuff.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Who knows? But one thing's for sure, with the defense in front of him, I'm not expecting much.

As long as he doesn't let in any Fleury Goals™, I don't really care. We're not going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
A good defense in front of Fleury didn't make much of a difference in the last post-season outings.. he tends to give up a lot of softies in the post-season for whatever reason.

When did he ever have a good defense in front of him the last few years? Yes Fleury has given up softies but every year he is hung out to dry.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The same idiots that say he'll suck or do as usual...

I guess the same argument can be made for keeping Kunitz. Because since 2010-11 he's been a great producer, so hey, that is more than enough proof for keeping him on for the remainder of his contract.

Recent examples like this and last season mean nothing.

Right?

Cool, I am now doing it right. Noiyce.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I went with above average. I think Fleury will actually be solid. We haven't see nearly as many cheesy goals out of him in garbage time this year.

Sadly, this will not matter; the defense is going to be a clown show.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
The same idiots that say he'll suck or do as usual...

I guess the same argument can be made for keeping Kunitz. Because since 2010-11 he's been a great producer, so hey, that is more than enough proof for keeping him on for the remainder of his contract.

Recent examples like this and last season mean nothing.

Right?

Cool, I am now doing it right. Noiyce.

Wow. We know who you dream about at night now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For all my criticism of this team and this coach, and they are real, MJ really has to go no matter what happens, I do believe that the Pens are playing possum to a degree.

Part of it is circumstance, they have a lot of guys out/held back that hopefully will be there when the playoffs begin. Part on purpose, meaning guys are being held out on the slightest pretext because face it, these games are beyond meaningless as to their playoff chances.

They will not be dressing only 5 defensemen for the playoffs for one thing.

They will likely have guys like Malkin and even Letang back.

So the pressures on MAF now, and breakdowns, will be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad