OT: How Old Are You, HFSens?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
43. Too old to accept another rebuild. So we better trade Greening for Crosby and Condra for Weber.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
38... but those of us over 30 shouldn't be revealing our ages because the rest of HF Sens will say we're past our prime and demand to trade us to other boards.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
41. Gen X represent. I just want to see the Sens win one Cup in my lifetime.

Question, Would you feel there was a void/ incomplete feeling in your life, if you died and the sens didn't win a cup?

this is a serious question since its one of my biggest fears in life.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Question, Would you feel there was a void/ incomplete feeling in your life, if you died and the sens didn't win a cup?

If that's keeping you up at night. Count your blessings. Its just a game.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If that's keeping you up at night. Count your blessings. Its just a game.

true now, but say im 20 right now cheer for this team and take roughly 9-12 hours a week during every season till im 80 watching this team, and you never got to witness it climax. that adds up to a lot of hours of your life.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I think dying would be the bigger letdown. ;)

In all seriousness, though, aging does something odd to a person. On one hand, the regrets and 'woulda, shoulda, couldas' add up. On the other hand, you become much more comfortable in your own skin. It's funny, as a kid you think all the adults out there are so 'put together' and solid. When you're older you realize that no one knows what the heck they're doing....we're all just winging it and trying to get through life the best we can. The idea that you only win the game of life if you have that laundry list of the house, the white picket fence, the trophy wife, etc, etc, etc really fades away quickly. You win the game of life simply by living.

I'd say if I was on my deathbed and the (modern) Sens were still Cupless, it would be more like thinking it sure would've been nice to see the Cup in Ottawa kind of feeling. More just wistful thinking..."void" is too strong a word.

Karlsson2Turris*

I have more important things to worry about in life than a hockey team

Karlsson2Turris*

In all seriousness, though, aging does something odd to a person. On one hand, the regrets and 'woulda, shoulda, couldas' add up. On the other hand, you become much more comfortable in your own skin. It's funny, as a kid you think all the adults out there are so 'put together' and solid. When you're older you realize that no one knows what the heck they're doing....we're all just winging it and trying to get through life the best we can. The idea that you only win the game of life if you have that laundry list of the house, the white picket fence, the trophy wife, etc, etc, etc really fades away quickly. You win the game of life simply by living.

I'd say if I was on my deathbed and the (modern) Sens were still Cupless, it would be more like thinking it sure would've been nice to see the Cup in Ottawa kind of feeling. More just wistful thinking..."void" is too strong a word.

Much philosophy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Nice, I'm more of a bucket list guy, can't see myself ditching it, and the sens winning the cup is the only thing uncontrollable by me on that list. But as K2T said, nice Philosophy :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad