Value of: How much is a LW1 worth?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3rdWheelNeil

Nov 26, 2014
Big Sens and Tkachuk fan here, but 9M/yr is pretty steep IMO.

Two questions:

1) What return would it take for SENS fans to be happy about shipping out Brady?

2)Who would likely go the hardest to acquire him?

I could see EDM taking a shot, with possibly Bouchard, Holloway, and a pick being offered.

Thoughts?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Not going to get into the value but cap wise we couldn’t even debate this. Edmonton isn’t trading for a winger looking for 8-9 million per

Reactions: spaghtti

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Big Sens and Tkachuk fan here, but 9M/yr is pretty steep IMO.

Two questions:

1) What return would it take for SENS fans to be happy about shipping out Brady?

2)Who would likely go the hardest to acquire him?

I could see EDM taking a shot, with possibly Bouchard, Holloway, and a pick being offered.

Thoughts?

Q Hughes and Tkachuck are BFFs.

I'd take a shot at Tkachuk if I was Canucks with Boeser being the main piece going the other way plus a bit of addition for the Canucks.

Boeser can go off for 30-40 goals and is only 24 yrs old. He would be dynamite with someone like Stutlze for the next 8 years.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I think before NYR signed Goodrow, Tkachuk would’ve fit in quite nicely with that line up.

Obviously they’re trying to get tougher and Tkachuk definitely helps in that regard, they also have the capital to acquire a player like Tkachuk.

Me personally, I’d like to build a Legion of Boom defensive group, so I’d try to work a deal around Schneider. I doubt NYR bites.

Last edited:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017

I'd take a shot at Tkachuk if I was Canucks with Boeser being the main piece going the other way plus a bit of addition for the Canucks.

Boeser can go off for 30-40 goals and is only 24 yrs old. He would be dynamite with someone like Stutlze for the next 8 years.

We’ve got one of his best friends in Norris and I don’t think that is currently carrying much weight in negotiations right now.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020

How much are they going to have to pay Boeser though? 7-8 Million?
Might as well just pay Tkachuk who is younger and brings the physical element.

Also, while I agree Boeser has the potential to score 30-40 goals he's never actually scored 30 yet. (I know, he was on pace)

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How much are they going to have to pay Boeser though? 7-8 Million?
Might as well just pay Tkachuk who is younger and brings the physical element.

Also, while I agree Boeser has the potential to score 30-40 goals he's never actually scored 30 yet. (I know, he was on pace)

Younger and brings the physical element but also is worse both offensively and defensively. Also at the same age Boeser was producing more than Tkachuk was. 20 and 21 year old Boeser put up 29 goals 55 pts in 62 games as a rookie then 26 goals 56 pts in 69 games as a sophomore. 20 and 21 Tkachuk put up 21 goals 44 pts in 71 games as a sophomore then 17 goals 36 pts in 56 games in his 3rd season.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Honestly it depends - who is driving the line? If the Centre is driving the line then I'd say the 1LW is worth 7-8M if he's producing well. Situations like Kane where the winger is driving the play, he's obviously worth more.

I'd give Tkachuk probably 8x8 max. On a bridge he gets less. Not worth 9M.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think before NYR signed Goodrow, Tkachuk would’ve fit in quite nicely with that line up.

Obviously they’re trying to get tougher and Tkachuk definitely helps in that regard, they also have the capital to acquire a player like Tkachuk.

Me personally, I’d like to build a Legion of Boom defensive group, so I’d try to work a deal around Schneider. I doubt NYR bites.

you're right
NYR passes

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013

True, but they already got Panarin, Lafreniere and Kreider on the LW. They can't add expensive wingers, they need to re-sign Fox & Zibanejad.

Reactions: Akrapovince
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Rangers don’t have room for his contract.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Boeser barely moves the needle in a Tkachuk deal - he is in the exact position we are trying to avoid with Brady (3yrs 2nd contract with high QO that can take him directly to UFA). I’m far more confident in us extending Brady than any top players we’d trade him for.

Reactions: 3rdWheelNeil

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Benn (13.01%)
Voracek (11.55%)
Kessel (12.44%)
Stone (11.95%)
JVR (8.81%)
E.Kane (9.33%)
Lee (8.59%)

Those are just a few example.of wingers and their salaries. 13% is certainly reserved for franchise defining players (Benn had won an Art Ross) where as 8.5% seems more like it gets you a great 2nd liner who can play on the first line.

Someone like Brady should fall around 10% IMO (8.150)

People need to stop looking at cap hit, and start getting use to % of cap. 8.000 is the new 6.000

3rdWheelNeil

Nov 26, 2014
Never
you crazy if you think Oilers can afford to trade Bouchard, Holloway and a first for a 9m player

all our big contract spots are gone
never mentioned a first rounder. Just a pick. Also, just thinking of team needs, not overall finances etc. Those can be re-arranged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad