• $9

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • $10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
That's not how it works. He's not under contract right now. If he doesn't sign his RFA he sits at home all season (or until he does sign)
Again, he signs the QO (through arbitration obviously), and won't sign a long term deal and would be a UFA at season's end. In effect, forcing you to trade him.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I doubt he gets anywhere close to that unless a team offer sheets him.
Hypothetically, if a team offer sheets him at $9mil, do you match that or take the 2x1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders as compensation?

I'm not so sure I match that offer. I might take the picks. Then again, I don't see a team offering $9mil for a goaltender. Maybe $8.5 to save a first rounder in compensation....

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hypothetically, if a team offer sheets him at $9mil, do you match that or take the 2x1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders as compensation?

I'm not so sure I match that offer. I might take the picks. I don't see a team offering $9mil. Maybe $8.5 to save a first rounder in compensation....
I probably close my eyes, then click "accept the picks" and hope it doesn't bite me in the ass in the next 3-4 years.

kids a gamer, he's signing the QO and then they'll negotiate. I still think he comes in at 8ish long term

Reactions: RoccoF14

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I'm not so sure I match that offer. I might take the picks. Then again, I don't see a team offering $9mil for a goaltender. Maybe $8.5 to save a first rounder in compensation....

THose picks are going to come in handy in 2028 when they start making the NHL.

Nothing about the kid makes me think he wants to go through a contentious contract dispute. Personally I think Sweeney gets it done before the draft so he has certainty, and can make the moves he needs to make around swayman. Failing that I think Gee Wally is right and this goes to arbitration in the summer and something gets worked out before than

It just makes no sense for Sweeney not to deal with this first

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I probably close my eyes, then click "accept the picks" and hope it doesn't bite me in the ass in the next 3-4 years.

kids a gamer, he's signing the QO and then they'll negotiate. I still think he comes in at 8ish long term

Problem is with Sweeney at the controls those 2 1sts will either be bad reach picks or traded for a 3rd liner

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
If he expect 9.5M he doesn’t want to win,
Number needs to be in 7’s at most if long term, he is a RFA; if he want 9.5M, keep Ulmark and trade sways.

Reactions: Blowfish

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Here's my hypothetical........just for fun, I highly doubt it'll happen but humor me.

Chicago has 2x1sts, 3x2nds, 2x3rds in 2024. Lets assume they use those picks. They ALSO have 2x1sts, 2x2nds and 1x3rd in 2025.....and a ton of cap space, and need a young goaltender to fit in with all the talented youth they'll be bringing up. They'd be a prime candidate to offer sheet someone like Swayman.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
My guess is the Bruins make the qualifying offer to protect their rights to him.

Then either side perhaps files for arbitration like last year.

In mean time try to hammer something long term out before arbitration date.

Just spitballing.

i think they have to sign him before the draft, especially if the plan is to trade ullmark.
if they trade ullmark without an extension in place, that's a whole lotta leverage for
the kid from alaska.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
i think they have to sign him before the draft, especially if the plan is to trade ullmark.
if they trade ullmark without an extension in place, that's a whole lotta leverage for
the kid from alaska.

Agree for that reason, but also they need to know what his price is so they can make the other moves they need to make this summer.

Reactions: bme44 and neelynugs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad