How many goals for Ovechkin this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zuluss

May 19, 2011
Hoping for another 40-goal season, probably his last one.
At the moment, Ovechkin tops the all-time list of 40-goal seasons with 13 (Gretzky has 12, Lemieux and Dionne 10, everyone else 9 or less). Seeing Ovechkin break his own record is always great.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not much doubt in mind that Alex can put together at least 3/4 more very very productive seasons. Bigger question for me though is if the Caps can get back to the playoffs and I they'll have their work cut out for them and their somewhat aging lineup is going to have to stay healthy or some of their younger kids particularly their forwards are going to have to step up more. It's great that Alex is closing on the NHL goal scoring record (and he seems to stay healthy) but not making it into the postseason really makes for a shitty season. Goaltending might have to be better too.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Who knows, he's a goddamn freak of nature.
Probably 40-50 or something that doesn't make sense for someone his age.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
40 at his age has never been done before. It depends on how ass the rest of the team is. If Kuznetsov and Backstrom look like they should be playing beer league at MedStar then I think there’s very little chance. Ovi is a mutant but he’s still human (kind of).
He's had some pretty good chemistry with Strome and Carlson being back and healthy would also help on the PP.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
40 hasn’t been done at the same age, but Howe did have 44 at 40 though. Ovechkin’s aging curve is hard to predict. You never know if things will fall off quickly but it doesn’t look like it currently. I think he has another 40 in him. I’ll say he ties Howe for most after age 38 at 44.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad