How is Sweden down the middle compared to other countries?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Stronger than Finland for sure. First two centers on-par/slight edge to Finland but overall Sweden wins quite comfortably.

Canada
USA
Sweden
Finland
Russia
Czech
Germany (Draisaitl)
I don't disagree with your ranking but will say that the Czech Centre depth has improved and is about as good as it's been in a decade:

Hertl
Krejci
and then a slew of guys - Faksa, Zacha, Chytil, Necas (who'd be wing today but C in the future)

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
vs Finns they are better. I still think Barkov is cream of the crop with Zibanejad, Petterson and Aho more or less equal. But Finlands 3rd best center is propably Hintz vs Bäckström and 4th best Haula vs whoever is wash for Sweden. In couple years Finland will look to overtake thou with Bäckström aging and declining and with Aatu Räty, Brad Lambert, Anton Lundell, Jesperi Kotkaniemi etc in pipeline

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I don't disagree with your ranking but will say that the Czech Centre depth has improved and is about as good as it's been in a decade:

Hertl
Krejci
and then a slew of guys - Faksa, Zacha, Chytil, Necas (who'd be wing today but C in the future)
Yeah Czechs are coming strong. Looks like pretty damn good center core in the future with Hertl, Chytil, Necas and Zacha in the bottom role. Then obviously Pasta on the wing and guys like Kaut n Zadina coming there aswell, looks like a team which can cause some serious problems to any team anytime.

International hockey needs strong Czech Republic, especially when Slovakia has regressed so badly.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah Czechs are coming strong. Looks like pretty damn good center core in the future with Hertl, Chytil, Necas and Zacha in the bottom role. Then obviously Pasta on the wing and guys like Kaut n Zadina coming there aswell, looks like a team which can cause some serious problems to any team anytime.

International hockey needs strong Czech Republic, especially when Slovakia has regressed so badly.
It's definitely better with 6 or 7 contenders va the top 5 currently. We are not there yet... I sometimes wonder if we will ever get back. Just need to leave to develop D as that is a massive hole for us. We basically create one NHL Calibre D every 4 years and I'm starting to think they success in spite of the Czech development.lol

Reactions: karhukissa

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Quite good. Zibenjad and Elias 1-2 down the middle are quite the force.

In a not to distant future: (Out-sisu this, finns!)

Forsberg - Bäckström - Nylander (skill)
Rakell - Zibanejad - Pettersson (tempo)
Landeskog - Sundqvist - Lindholm (meatballs)
Hagelin - Eriksson Ek - Hörnqvist (assistants)

Last edited:

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
If Backstrom is your 3C then I'd say exceptionally well.

He could also be the 1C on the team though. The most polished player overall so he's a safe option for eating a lot of minutes and he's an insane playmaker. I think it would all just come down to matching what lines would work the best.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He could also be the 1C on the team though. The most polished player overall so he's a safe option for eating a lot of minutes and he's an insane playmaker. I think it would all just come down to matching what lines would work the best.
It's not as deep as Canada or US IMO. However, the top 4 Russian Cs seem to be weaker than I would expect (their wingers though... Wow!). Not sure how they stack against the Finn's C but I'm assuming at least a few if the new amazing Finn's are Centres.

In all cases... I maintain the top 5 is extremely close and I would never call one of them winning an upset. I miss my best on best Olympics!

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
vs Finns they are better. I still think Barkov is cream of the crop with Zibanejad, Petterson and Aho more or less equal. But Finlands 3rd best center is propably Hintz vs Bäckström and 4th best Haula vs whoever is wash for Sweden. In couple years Finland will look to overtake thou with Bäckström aging and declining and with Aatu Räty, Brad Lambert, Anton Lundell, Jesperi Kotkaniemi etc in pipeline

"Centre" players goals for Team Sweden vs Team Finland in NHL this season:

255 - 129

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

William Karlsson.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Zibanejad wow
What he did last night was nothing new really, he's been this good when healthy for the past three years. The only difference this season might be the consistency at which he's been able to produce. There are absolutely no dips at all.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
What he did last night was nothing new really, he's been this good when healthy for the past three years. The only difference this season might be the consistency at which he's been able to produce. There are absolutely no dips at all.
Grönborg didnt even pick him for world cup even though he was a 50p player lol

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Hertl
Krejci

I think Germany with the current Hart favorite needs to be above the Czechs at this point, even if the next 3 centers are from the DEL

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Meatballs for the 3rd line?

Is that a common term in Sweden to describe the 3rd line or....?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad