How good is Easton Cowan going to be in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
There are 32 nhl teams. That’s 96 1st lines.

By your numbers not even all first line players hit 65 points. Yet you say 65 points isn’t top line production. Your numbers and statement do not add up.

Good second liners are like 45 - 55 point players.
We should know better than anyone! The Penguins keep accumulating these 2nd line wingers and masquerading them as top line guys and the result is two straight missed playoffs. If the Pens had a couple of 65-75 point wingers on the 2nd line, they'd have easily made the playoffs.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If his D+1 season is any indication, Cowan will be a star forward in the NHL… but I understand there will be detractors due to his unremarkable draft position and who owns his pro rights.
Kinda like your own Nick Robertson, Nick was just a little better p/gp in junior, and much better goal scorer.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well, I’ll be cheering for an impact forward and you can cheer with your voodoo doll.
So you think Cowan is ahead, behind or equal to Robertson was at that time?

I showed why I thought he was just a little behind, you basically provided, because.

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
No one has mentioned Cowan’s elite vision, for me, it is what sets him apart from many of the players in his age group. Assuming he continues developing on this path, he has all the tools needed to be a very high end puck distributor at the NHL level. Sky’s the limit if he clicks with a superstar like Matthews. Reason #487 to trade Marner for me.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I'm getting flashbacks of Jeremy Bracco.
Bracco would probably be enjoying a decent NHL career right now if he didn't follow his nose. It wasn't lack of ability that kept him off big league rosters

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
If his D+1 season is any indication, Cowan will be a star forward in the NHL… but I understand there will be detractors due to his unremarkable draft position and who owns his pro rights.
And you don't think that there will a lot of fawning over him on this site due to who owns his pro rights ???? :laugh:

Reactions: Realgud

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Either top 6 or bust. It’s pretty hard to accurately project teenagers to what they’ll be in their middle 20’s. Every prospect and situation is different.

Cowan is pretty clearly a bottom six floor type player. No situation where he isn't an NHLer. The question is how good of one. He'll be a bottom six guy guaranteed with his motor and skills as of now.

Kinda like your own Nick Robertson, Nick was just a little better p/gp in junior, and much better goal scorer.

Robertson was a way better goal scorer but Cowan is better at everything else. He was drafted for his motor and untapped offensive potential. Roberston was drafted because of his goal scoring. Cowan has the total package, any potential offense is just a cherry on top.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So you think Cowan is ahead, behind or equal to Robertson was at that time?

I showed why I thought he was just a little behind, you basically provided, because.

From what I’ve seen of both I don’t think they’re similar players even though the superficial talking point is they’re both Leaf picks.

Robertson has unreal practice skills, an unusually elite shot, and somewhat low hockey awareness with an overly busy game.

He’s also smaller than Cowan by quite a bit. Cowan looks like a pepper pot with a compact build with high motor, high IQ and can generate in juniors a number of ways. Probably closer to a Seth Jarvis. I don’t want to throw out other names on the main board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad