How do you see Jack Eichel career progression ?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Where do you see him in the next few years ? Will he be among the best centers in the league or will he drop a bit ?

Last season was obviously a set back for him, changing teams, surgery, a failure of an ending of the season.

Now that he could have a full pre season, I would guess he should be better prepared for the next season.

Who’s he expected to play with ? Stone and Marchessault ?

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Without the injuries he’d be a perenial all-star, depending on how well he can bounce back i think he still is has potential to be a PPG player in the NHL but had potential for much more.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I don’t think a lot of people realize how major that injury/surgery is. That type of surgery is still fairly new, and although it has much better range of motion than a fusion - some report mild pain/not returning to full strength after. When you have a herniated disc - nothing “heals” it. You either have the herniated part removed, or two levels of your spine fused together. Or in Eichels case - have an artificial disc inserted. Seems great in theory, but there’s a reason people haven’t been flocking to that surgery. It’s still fairly new, if it does fail it can be catastrophic, and not everybody regains their prior form. I’m saying this as somebody who’s gone through a microdisectomy and researched every possible option before going that route. I do think ADR is likely the way of the future - and somebody had to be the first to get it - but I think in 5/10 years we’ll have a better grasp on how it works on elite athletes and long-term success.

I’m also a Buffalo fan. I watched Eichel very closely in his Vegas games both out of curiosity and out of draft position interest. His skating/playmaking certainly looked like his old self, but his shot did not. Of his goals this year, I don’t know if any were a clean beat of the goalie. Just tap-ins/deflections kind of things. One of his best assets with the Sabres was his booming shot on the PP - and if that doesn’t come back then he’s not going to be a PPG player again IMO. I think this year will be interesting to see how much strength he’s able to gain back in his neck area and to see if his shot returns to form, or if it never is the same (think Peyton Mannings arm).

Look Up

Rev up your .....batteries?
Oct 3, 2013
His progression was at metastatic at the end in Buffalo, and is now probably at borderline stage 0/1 in Vegas.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Very good player thats close but never quite reaches superstar level again.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Where do you see him in the next few years ? Will he be among the best centers in the league or will he drop a bit ?

Last season was obviously a set back for him, changing teams, surgery, a failure of an ending of the season.

Now that he could have a full pre season, I would guess he should be better prepared for the next season.

Who’s he expected to play with ? Stone and Marchessault ?
Sabres are a happy bunch.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
IMO he may have one or two 40-goal season(s) in him, depending on how good Vegas' (or whoever he's traded to's) power-play is. But he's not gonna produce and play with the necessary tenacity like a MacKinnon; and he'll never produce AND play the 200-ft game well enough ala Matthews.

I loved watching him play, there's nobody in the league who makes hockey look that easy. He was pure silk, as if he was born with skates on. Sans top speed I'm not sure there's a more fluid skater. Effortless would be the word I'd use actually. Thing is, his actual effort can be questioned at times.

Now for the harsh truth: KHL within 3 seasons. At some point, with his augmentations, he should be banned from the NHL anyway. He literally has a cybernetic neck implant. And just like with those horrid tattoos Americans love, one is never enough. CyberJack 2027.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
IMO he may have one or two 40-goal season(s) in him, depending on how good Vegas' (or whoever he's traded to's) power-play is. But he's not gonna produce and play with the necessary tenacity like a MacKinnon; and he'll never produce AND play the 200-ft game well enough ala Matthews.

I loved watching him play, there's nobody in the league who makes hockey look that easy. He was pure silk, as if he was born with skates on. Sans top speed I'm not sure there's a more fluid skater. Effortless would be the word I'd use actually. Thing is, his actual effort can be questioned at times.

Now for the harsh truth: KHL within 3 seasons. At some point, with his augmentations, he should be banned from the NHL anyway. He literally has a cybernetic neck implant. And just like with those horrid tattoos Americans love, one is never enough. CyberJack 2027.
Now this is a spicy 🌶 take

Reactions: hak

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He will be a great player if he’s healthy And a trash person either way.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think Eichel will get back up to PPG, I think stock is super low on him right now as made evident by the fact most outsiders are now believing we won the trade. I think when it happened Sabres were getting destroyed on this board.

Couldn't be more glad the Sabres made that trade, they made the right decision. But I also think Eichel is going to be good for Vegas next year and get some cred back.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
He miss a year and a half and was on pace for something like 30 goals and 60 points.

I think he certainly can be better than that after a good off season

I think he'll be better for sure, the question is how much though. You wouldn't find me trading a fully healthy Eichel for too many other players.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's going to be very good for him. The Knights will settle into this new core and they will stop messing with the core

Ad

Ad

Ad