Votes: 2 1.7%
  • That core is too old

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's a good core, but sand is running out of the hourglass before they've even played 1 game.

2 years from now Josi and Stamkos will be 36, O'Reilly and Marchessault 35.

Not to say they will be bad players then, but I think in today's league it's hard to endure 100+ games and win when most of your core is 35+. No team has been able to do it in a long time.

Preds will be playoff caliber for years to come, but the window to go all the way is now.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
People voting anything outside of top-10 should remember that the Preds were 11th last season without these additions. If you really think everyone will regress, then sure, but I think a lot of these votes are just underestimating the team based on age.
Well they're more talented now than they were last season for sure, but it's not a guarantee that all these guys they're bringing in will fit in nicely with the team. Sometimes adding more skill doesn't automatically make a team better (remember when Colorado added Selanne and Kariya to a team that already had Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, and Blake and got worse?).

That being said, I think Nashville will do well this year, but their regular season won't be substantially better than this past season. Managing all these new faces isn't an easy job, and there will be some adjustment needed.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Tampa's core wasnt enough to win a round for a couple of years now. Let's see:

Vasi ? Saros
Kucherov >> Forsberg
Point >> ROR
Stamkos
Hagel = Marchessault
Hedman =< Josi
Cirelli = Novak
Serga >= Skjei
Černak > Carrier
Duclair/Killorn ? Nyquist

Yeah I'm not sold but I guess it's better than to do nothing if they're keeping their big3 Saros, Josi, Forsberg. They can actually be good if guys like Pärssinen, Kemell, Tomasino, Evangelista, L'Heureux, Svechkov, Wood can make some real noise and they reach elite froward depth with ELC contracts.

Too bad that they have 12m$ in retentions/ buyouts. Duchene buyout looks really dumb right now(I thought so immediately when he was bought out tbh).

He'd have 2 years left 8m/season. Now he's 60-80 pt player and for the next 2 yrs he's taking 5,55m and 6,55m from Nashville's cap, and AFTER THAT; 1,6m for the next 3 years. Basically they'd have 60-80 pt player and lose zero cap space if they had kept him.

Last edited:

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
When I watched them this season it was evident they were lacking at center. They were fortunate to get a good year out of ROR but he's another year older and there isn't anything behind him.

None of the moves they made really addressed that gaping hole. The moves they made on the wing will probably secure them a playoff spot but they aren't making a deep run with that center depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad