How Can Kyle Davidson walk away from draft with Levshunov and Demidov ?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I really love the idea of Demidov on this team but Levshunov seems like he may be the final piece for the future blueline. How do Blackhawks leave the draft with both of these guys ?
Blackhawks 1st rder 2025 , Leaf's 1st rder 2025 and #50 to the Utah team ? Pronman and a few of the other scouting geeks are as enamored with Levshunov as other's are with Demidov .

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoist

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Seems like Blue Jackets could move their pick according to Friedman . #18 , Hawks 1st rder next year , #50 .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Seems like Blue Jackets could move their pick according to Friedman . #18 , Hawks 1st rder next year , #50 .
The Hawks 1st rounder next year would 100% have to be top 10 protected. That pick is likely top 3 again, and has the potential to be #1OA. It would be monumentally stupid to trade a top 3 pick next year, in what is shaping up to be a really good draft(based upon what I've read), in order to get #4 this year. And they also give up their second 1st rounder this year? Hard pass.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
The Hawks 1st rounder next year would 100% have to be top 10 protected. That pick is likely top 3 again, and has the potential to be #1OA. It would be monumentally stupid to trade a top 3 pick next year, in what is shaping up to be a really good draft(based upon what I've read), in order to get #4 this year. And you also give up your second 1st rounder this year? Hard pass.
I see your point but this would grab Blue Jackets attention and If Davidson signs some good free agents the pick might be much closer to 10 than anyone believes. If Demidov and Levshunov along with a couple other picks and free agent signings fall in place this team might be very close to set for the future .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I see your point but this would grab Blue Jackets attention and If Davidson signs some good free agents the pick might be much closer to 10 than anyone believes.
I don't see anyone they can pick up in free agency that takes this team out of the bottom 5-7 in the league. The only way they end up closer to 10, IMO, is if they fall in the lottery.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I don't see anyone they can pick up in free agency that takes this team out of the bottom 5-7 in the league. The only way they end up closer to 10, IMO, is if they fall in the lottery.
Samsonov 2 yrs/ 5 million , Teravainen 4 yrs/ 22 million , Brandon Montour 4 yrs/ 24 million Chandler Stephenson 4 yrs /22 million .

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I really love the idea of Demidov on this team but Levshunov seems like he may be the final piece for the future blueline. How do Blackhawks leave the draft with both of these guys ?
Blackhawks 1st rder 2025 , Leaf's 1st rder 2025 and #50 to the Utah team ? Pronman and a few of the other scouting geeks are as enamored with Levshunov as other's are with Demidov .

I do think there is a VERY tiny chance Levshunov falls in the Hawks' lap at #18. However, I'd give that about a 1% chance.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Is Levshunov that good? Pronman just loves the guy . How would he compare to Morbid Cider on RedWangs? The Rd in next years draft doesn't seem too thrilling .

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If Kyle trades into the top 10, I'd rather him jump Calgary and get Iginla without mortgaging too much future draft capital. Levshunov + Iginla would be one hell of a draft.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Demidov and Levshunov seem virtually imposibile outside of trading one of OUR future 1st or one of Moore, Nazar, Korch, Rinzel with a lesser 1st which would be pretty dumb. The scenerio that would maybe be more realistic is coming out with Demidov and Yacemchuk if he ends up in the 10-14 range, but I suspect the Sharks moved up to position themselves to grab him to pair with Celebrini.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Thankfully that didn't happen.

I agree. As much as I would've loved Davidson putting his nuts on the table there to trade up to get Demidov, I am so happy Columbus turned that down. Hawks will be in the lottery again next season in a much stronger forward draft.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
That would’ve been stupid.

The discourse on Demidov has gotten crazy. There are several elite forward prospects available next year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I agree. As much as I would've loved Davidson putting his nuts on the table there to trade up to get Demidov, I am so happy Columbus turned that down. Hawks will be in the lottery again next season in a much stronger forward draft.
The thing is, if they made the trade, they would have been way more aggressive in free agency, and probably got the team as far away from a top 5 pick next year as possible.

Reactions: Drumman44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad