How are you feeling going into the new season?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Preseason is over, roster is more or less set

Line are in flux but they could look like this

Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Leon-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Podkolzin-Ryan-Perry

D
Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Emberson
Kulak-Stretcher-Dermott

G
S.Skinner
Pickard

I am going in with a postive attitude but I do have concerns. Speed and toughness. With Kane out till maybe March?

But I think having Henrick for the full year will settle down the 3rd line and Arvidsson and Jeff Skinner adds more fire power--if they say healthy

While I have concerns overall I am in a positive mind set

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How many points / finish will they wind up with?

Reactions: Senor Catface

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Very good. This is the best team on paper to start a season since the dynasty days

I’m excited to see how the new pick ups look. I really want Emberson and Podz to outplay Broberg and Holloway

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I don't doubt that they'll be a good team, but I'd like to see a GAA below 2.5 and I'm not sure this is the group to do it.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Learned from last season. Temper expectations, one game at a time. Not thinking about game 83 or even game 2. Winnipeg in a few, and just like the players, that's all Im thinking about

So many new faces, its going to take time before they all start connecting into a synchronized tune.

My only concern is goaltending. Skinner is unpredictable, and we don't have any NHL ready goalies in the pipeline. Its the most important position, and I hope to god Stuart Skinner has evolved from that run

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Very nervous.
Defence is concerning. Nowhere near as good as last year.
Older and slower up front could be an issue as well.
So far, on paper, I don't think they are as good as where they ended last season.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
A bit nervous because my expectations are so high.

If we start off strong and hover around the division lead all season I'll have expected it. There's almost nothing they could do that would exceed my expectations.

If we don't, I'll be disappointed.

I'm excited to see how Arvidsson and J. Skinner perform and if Emberson can be a top-4. I'm terrified if we run into significant injuries.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We will be great. The one question mark to me is Emberson but he is defense-first, which is the smart style to go for a place holder.

I'm not concerned about the poor preseason performances of the vets. Skinner, Henrique etc will be fine

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I said last year, we could make a run at it if our goaltending held out. This year, it's goaltending and defense. Less optimistic about this season, but you never know.

The one player I'm already assuming will be a let down is Jeff Skinner, but I very much hope he proves me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad