How and why did we not sign Joseph Blandisi?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
bump because of between the legs goal. and 11pts in 17games.

He may well carve out a solid career for himself, but let's wait a few years to see how he establishes himself in the NHL, before we start crying over potential spilled milk.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
So is there a compelling reason to keep this thread open? Someone posted his nice goal in the around the league thread, I think that's where the convo should stay.

I'm fine with people bringing it up. Especially with the potential for the exact same thing to happen with a guy like Bleackley in just a couple short months from now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm fine with people bringing it up. Especially with the potential for the exact same thing to happen with a guy like Bleackley in just a couple short months from now.

We've already been through why he wasn't signed, what else is there to discuss? His success as a NHL player is just as relevant as any other NHL player and would go in that thread.

And yeah, it's quite funny to me the whining that's gone on but nobody seems to be bothered much at the thought of dumping Bleackley. That too isn't a new discussion, however.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
The real reason we didn't keep him was because having Mitchell Heard and Garrett Meurs under contract was much more important.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This kid looks like a legit NHL'er. Wish he was on the Avs to help round out the top 6

There is zero chance he would've got a look at in the Avs top 6. It was a perfect storm for him with NJ's prospect pool and key injuries to both Henrique and Zajac.

Good for him for grabbing the bull by it's horns, but I'm still not convinced he'll be in the NHL for more than a couple of seasons.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
There is zero chance he would've got a look at in the Avs top 6. It was a perfect storm for him with NJ's prospect pool and key injuries to both Henrique and Zajac.

Good for him for grabbing the bull by it's horns, but I'm still not convinced he'll be in the NHL for more than a couple of seasons.

Could be like Brandon Yip. Kind of a fortuitous run when he first broke into the NHL, but won't get much more than that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Could be like Brandon Yip. Kind of a fortuitous run when he first broke into the NHL, but won't get much more than that.

Yip was riding pure puck luck. Blandisi actually has some skill... you could even argue he's been unlucky. He still has to prove that he's not the new Bergfors.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Looks like the LZ Icarus:

2cf2fdeaff58bd6dadc2721ff3a8923c.jpg

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

That's why :popcorn:

I just saw this. :laugh: Absolutely embarrassing, I hope his teammates gave him a rough ride after the game about that. Looks like he's a Barcelona player in the penalty box there for goodness sake.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If only Ozil could dive like this we'd have taken a 1-0 lead into half time against Spain in South Africa; which would've played right into our sit-deep-and-counter strategy at that tourney. But it's unfair to expect a german NT starter to dive as well as a hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: