Confirmed with Link: HOUSLEY GONE

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
That PP will thrive so much under whoever will be in charge.
Hope the PK stays strong, cause that was one of the few things Housley was really good at.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
"I detest Phil Housley. I still hate him. I fight Tie (Domi), but it's not as if I hate him. I played with Phil Housley and he treated me like (crap) while he was here. He's someone, to this day, I still hate. He showed you no respect and pretended that he was "the man' and never gave you a chance as a young guy to fit in. I have a problem with that guy."
RAZOR’S GREATEST HITS ROB RAY WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR STANDING UP FOR HIS TEAMMATES ON THE ICE, AND FOR HIS COMMUNITY OFF THE PLAYING SURFACE – The Buffalo News

"Everybody matures and moves on," said Ray, now 49. "All that is over. You play with guys who you dislike, guys you love and guys you never see again. You don't hold a grudge for 30 years. That was 25-30 years ago. I called [former coach] John Muckler a certain word 25 times back then. I love the old man now."
Rob Ray says, 'It's a good hire, really good' and discounts any grudge with Housley

Ok Harrington, do what you do best and ask Ray if the hate is back. :laugh:

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Wish it would have worked but unfortunately the Nashville system did not come with Housley here and a lot of ugly things did. Hoping for Q but a coach with optimism, style, discipline, and competency is what I will be hoping for

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Surprised a little but like many others stated we need a credible coach with experience. These youngsters need someone who knows what they’re doing and a resume to lean on as proof. Someone who communicates and teaches.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
This team needs a development coach, Q is not the answer. When Chicago got younger the team team failed to thrive under his system. It will be the same in Buffalo, I don't know who they should hire, but it's not the guy who says "Cup or Bust"

It needs to be a coach to develop they players to their maximum potential. I wish Paul Maurice was available (Maybe if Winnipeg loses in the first round)

I'm very interest in Mike Yeo.

Reactions: Thorton02

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Trying to install a coach who is hard on players just because Housley appeared soft, that would just be another thoughtless panic reaction, same with going from big name coaches - Bylsma (Rex Ryan for the Bills) - to some rookie coach named Housley (McDermott for the Bills)

This is about BCA - Best Coach Available[/QUOT

This is quite true..

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Just as Phil didnt adjust our goalie coach is an idiot not adjusting to the league figuring out each...

Either Ullmark is going off script a lot...or the goalie coach wants him to play really aggressive. He needs a coach that is going to settle him down and have him play slightly deeper in net. The game needs to come to him rather than trying to anticipate everything which is putting him out of position quite a bit. (Even the highlight reel saves, a lot of those are due to having to fly back into position after getting caught too far over to one side.)

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Frankly, the Sabres have the talent to be in the wild card hunt. The fact that they failed so utterly makes this move not surprising at all.

Good riddance.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Either Ullmark is going off script a lot...or the goalie coach wants him to play really aggressive. He needs a coach that is going to settle him down and have him play slightly deeper in net. The game needs to come to him rather than trying to anticipate everything which is putting him out of position quite a bit. (Even the highlight reel saves, a lot of those are due to having to fly back into position after getting caught too far over to one side.)
sounds right.. get hutton off his kness (and grow longer limbs or find his style that is successful as guys can consistently his cornersbut has great compete) and and a defense that makes people pay net front...yet still avoid it w great outlets....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad