TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So apparently he deleted his post shortly after he posted it. Damn this guy is just dumb.

HBO also released a statement on his blog post following its removal,:

“There are few greater fans of George R.R. Martin and his book Fire & Blood than the creative team on House of the Dragon, both in production and at HBO. Commonly, when adapting a book for the screen, with its own format and limitations, the showrunner ultimately is required to make difficult choices about the characters and stories the audience will follow. We believe that Ryan Condal and his team have done an extraordinary job and the millions of fans the series has amassed over the first two seasons will continue to enjoy it.”

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So apparently he deleted his post shortly after he posted it. Damn this guy is just dumb.

HBO also released a statement on his blog post following its removal,:
Like...read the freaking room dude. The second season started off with like 1/3 less viewers to begin with, then had a disappointing finale, and now we have to wait 2 years for the next season. And he chooses now to come out and shit on some of the decisions they made? Yeah, that'll help the discourse!

:facepalm:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Like...read the freaking room dude. The second season started off with like 1/3 less viewers to begin with, then had a disappointing finale, and now we have to wait 2 years for the next season. And he chooses now to come out and shit on some of the decisions they made? Yeah, that'll help the discourse!

:facepalm:
IDK sounds like now IS a good time actually IMO. I saw on reddit that he did actually make several pleas for the creative direction of the show and they were not heard.

Tough situation for both sides but I think it's a mistake for internet fans to be strongly opinionated either way without physically being there in the room to hear their back and forth. Yeah he needs to finish his books (which he'll never do) but that doesn't mean he can't defend his IP, especially when reception is so mixed.

There's problems with the show. There are inherently problems with all of these creative endeavors that are expansions of something originally very successful. It's hard, if not impossible, to replicate the tone and allure of the original series so fans are going to be left wanting.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
IDK sounds like now IS a good time actually IMO. I saw on reddit that he did actually make several pleas for the creative direction of the show and they were not heard.

Tough situation for both sides but I think it's a mistake for internet fans to be strongly opinionated either way without physically being there in the room to hear their back and forth. Yeah he needs to finish his books (which he'll never do) but that doesn't mean he can't defend his IP, especially when reception is so mixed.

There's problems with the show. There are inherently problems with all of these creative endeavors that are expansions of something originally very successful. It's hard, if not impossible, to replicate the tone and allure of the original series so fans are going to be left wanting.

Seems like with HotD he was waiting for whatever the fan reaction is and wanted to be on their side for once

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
So is this season worth watching? I heard it was terrible. I liked season 1, but I have no problem dumping a show if the next season is garbage.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So is this season worth watching? I heard it was terrible. I liked season 1, but I have no problem dumping a show if the next season is garbage.
I really enjoyed only about 1.5 episodes of the entire season. Rest was kinda a lot of fluff... I'm sure there a lot of people out there that really enjoyed the season as a whole but to me it really fell flat.

Reactions: TCTC

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's not terrible. The first half is good and Episode 4 is terrific, but then the rest of the season and finale are disappointing because everything that it builds to was pushed to Season 3. I'd still watch it, especially for the first half and because Season 3 should be better, but I wouldn't expect a satisfying conclusion. You could maybe just wait until Season 3 is almost out, then binge Season 2, though. That would probably make it less disappointing, since you wouldn't have to wait two years for the payoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: shakes the clown

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
It's not terrible. The first half is good and Episode 4 is terrific, but then the rest of the season and finale are disappointing because everything that it builds to was pushed to Season 3. I'd still watch it, especially for the first half and because Season 3 should be better, but I wouldn't expect a satisfying conclusion. You could maybe just wait until Season 3 is almost out, then binge Season 2, though. Some of the disappointment going around is over having to wait two years for something more satisfying than what we got in the second half.
Thanks, was thinking i would do that. Wait for season 3 and see if it gets better reviews and then watch 2 and 3 back to back.

Reactions: Osprey

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Thanks, was thinking i would do that. Wait for season 3 and see if it gets better reviews and then watch 2 and 3 back to back.

Assuming what season 3 will be, this is probably a wise decision. I wouldn’t even bother to read, it’s bound to at the very least be more interesting and satisfying that Season 2, which had very little pay off for the time committed.

Reactions: shakes the clown

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I really enjoyed only about 1.5 episodes of the entire season. Rest was kinda a lot of fluff... I'm sure there a lot of people out there that really enjoyed the season as a whole but to me it really fell flat.
I'm probably more forgiving of this season than most, but it might be because I know what the payoff will be (or at least should be if they execute it well). It's just frustrating that we have to wait so long for it.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Lesson 1 - everything is better than the average internet review

Lesson 2 - everything is worse than the average internet review

Lesson 3 - Watch and make your own f***ing decision about what is good or not, don’t be a tool. Reject the opinion of others.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Lesson 1 - everything is better than the average internet review

Lesson 2 - everything is worse than the average internet review

Lesson 3 - Watch and make your own f***ing decision about what is good or not, don’t be a tool. Reject the opinion of others.
In other words...

Lesson 1: The sky is blue.

Lesson 2: The sky is not blue.

Lesson 3: Just look at the sky and decide for yourself, fool.

:laugh:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
After episode 4 the highlights are the few scenes Dameon is hallucinating with his brother, the rest is pretty meh
I thought Daemon's entire haunted at Herrenhall story line was the least interesting part of the season

Reactions: ACC1224

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I thought Daemon's entire haunted at Herrenhall story line was the least interesting part of the season
It got to be a little drawn out but I think they needed to have him go through some kind of experience to get him to eventually bend the knee to Rhaenyra. If he just had that last vision I'm not sure he'd actually buy into it without his previous visions. They probably could have done a better job streamlining it or at least having him do something more than just sit and trip balls on witch's brew and weirwood visions.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad