Trade: [HOU/LAR] Ben Skowronek and 2026 7th for 2026 6th

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
What the hell does Houston need with another WR?

Starters: Dell, Diggs, Collins
Vet Backups: Brown, Woods, Skowronrek
Prospects: Hutchinson, Johnson, Metchie, Wayne, Sims

At least 8 of those guys are legit NFL calibre players (Dell, Diggs, Collins, Brown, Woods, Skowrokrek, Metchie, Hutchinson). Very odd, IMO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What the hell does Houston need with another WR?

Starters: Dell, Diggs, Collins
Vet Backups: Brown, Woods, Skowronrek
Prospects: Hutchinson, Johnson, Metchie, Wayne, Sims

At least 8 of those guys are legit NFL calibre players (Dell, Diggs, Collins, Brown, Woods, Skowrokrek, Metchie, Hutchinson). Very odd, IMO.
Skowronek is a special teamer and none of the rest of those guys are.

Woods won’t make it out of camp.

Reactions: LT

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I would've preferred the Rams just kept Skowronek but this is very on brand so I'm not surprised they chose to do this. Would've preferred they do this closer to the deadline once we're sure someone is ready to step into his role though

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Skowronek is a special teamer and none of the rest of those guys are.

Woods won’t make it out of camp.
Depending on how camp goes, Noah Brown or John Metchie could be cut/traded respectively.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Depending on how camp goes, Noah Brown or John Metchie could be cut/traded respectively.
I could see Metchie traded because they may actually get something, but Noah Brown was actually better than he was in Dallas last year, he just had trouble staying on the field.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm hoping Metchie gets traded. He's obviously not going to have opportunities in Houston at this point. Hopefully he gets a true chance somewhere. Been a tough road for him, losing the first year to cancer was tough. Cause that year there really was an opportunity to establish himself.

Reactions: LT

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I could see Metchie traded because they may actually get something, but Noah Brown was actually better than he was in Dallas last year, he just had trouble staying on the field.
Literally everyone who got away from Kellen Moore has gotten better the year after (Lamb, Cooper, Brown, Schultz, Ferguson) outside of Cedrick Wilson lol, Brown is a probable make but if Hutchinson and Metchie take steps forward I don't think he gets carried as the sixth.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I would've preferred the Rams just kept Skowronek but this is very on brand so I'm not surprised they chose to do this. Would've preferred they do this closer to the deadline once we're sure someone is ready to step into his role though

Respectfully, they drafted Skow’s replacement in Whittington, whom I’m extremely high on. Skow only has one year left on his contract. Then there’s Atwell, Robinson, Tyler Johnson, and potentially another signing, not including Kupp and Nacua. And then there’s the three undrafted receivers (and Xavier Smith from last year).

Skow didn’t have a spot on our roster, and it’s for the best for both parties that we traded him and got something positive.

Much love to Skow. Hope he does well for Houston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad