Movies: Horror Movie Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
100% agreed. I remember watching Contagion and thinking I could save the world just by shooting that virus in its face with a shotgun and sending it back from wherever it came from. Which according to my geopolitical knowledge is whichever country the US happens to be feuding with at that time.

Elsewhere, do you all really recommend Hausu? It's made it to my short list to watch this week and if someone gives me another endorsement of it then it will seal the nomination
Hausu endorsement here too!

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
ROTLD in a theater with other fans of movie would be fun experience I imagine

Wonder if you will get this as one of your mystery movies

Such a weird movie experience to watch as a kid and still weird as an adult. Tone was completely different from 1st movie

Of note it is also stars Sandra Bernard before her Wings success and the drill killer is son of Mike Ilitch

I could see SPM2 being a fun theater experience just for its absurdity and camp

I'd be very happy if that's one of the mystery movies.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dogs (1976)

I forgot all about this movie until seeing it listed on Prime. It was one of many 'Natural Horror" films to come out in 70's especially after Jaws runaway success. If I recall it appeared on TBS (Back when they showed old movies on weekend mornings) among films like Night of the Lepus, etc

Upon rewatching this I was reminded why it was so forgettable. One of the worst entries in the Natural Horror genre of time

Predictable, poorly acted and the dogs attack scenes are essentially just dogs giving people hugs

David McCallum as star in this film gives zero effort. A phoned in performance for a check is best way to describe it

And of course, the ending ties up nothing with no explanation of why Dogs are suddenly attacking. Just some lame 'Scent" that gets thrown in there without much explanation

Ends on very predictable note (So many of these films in 70's end on this) of radio broadcast revealing it is occurring elsewhere and only effecting dogs. Then a cat walks onto side of road and roars (Well not really, just some noise that doesn't sound like a cat hiss/meow/etc) implying Cats are going to soon start attacking

2/10

If your fan of genre its something you will want to watch once at least. But its very weak entry into genre

Reactions: shadow1

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Yeah, considering I'd never seen anything like it and my film tastes veer toward the highly unusual, I was afraid it would be the only thing I'll ever see like that.
Try Survive Style 5+ (2004) directed by Gen Sekiguchi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad