Post-Game Talk: Horrifying Act of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If Chytil is ready to go, he likely replaces Rempe. Do you keep Roslovic where he is in the lineup, put Chytil as 3C and drop Wennberg to 4C? That third line, at least statistically, has been very good. Bottom 6:

Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Goodrow - Wennberg - Vesey
I would do this, although it wouldn’t surprise me to see Cuylle moved down to the 4th line as Laviolette has done multiple times this season with Chytil playing on the wing just so he doesn’t have as much responsibility placed on him right away.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Depends on if Lav values Ros's offense more than he hates his defense. About 6 minutes to go last night, defensive zone faceoff, we put out 93/20/16. Vinny wins draw, works to clear puck, then runs off for Ros. Puck goes into our end, Ros fails on 3, maybe 4 clearing attempts as we get stuck in our end for over a minute.
The whole team just gave up on making plays that shift and instead of passing to wide open teammates and braking it out they kept trying to flip the puck out of the zone or bank it out and every single time the Caps kept it in
Rangers only got out of the zone when Kreider decided to skate it out
That’s the kind of conservative “turtle” that just plain sucks. You end up causing yourself more problems when you refuse to make a simple play with the puck because you’re scared

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Chytil never plays wing. Why would he do that?

Even if he's technically at center, whoever he plays with should take the face-offs.

You have a guy coming back from not playing full speed hockey for 9 months, you want to limit his responsibilities. Wing is an objectively easier position to play.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Chytil never plays wing. Why would he do that?
He hasn’t played wing because we didn’t have 3 other centers on the top 3 lines to where it was even a possibility. And he was moved to the wing a couple of years ago during the playoffs against Carolina for a game or two. But with Wennberg here and Laviolette feeling comfortable with a Cuylle-Goodrow-Vesey line it wouldn’t be outlandish if Chytil ended up there.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Sweep the series 02.jpg

panarin celly.jpg

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Maybe I need to watch him more closely. He wasn't very noticeable to me, and I didn't hear his name called often by the broadcasters.
Well he’s certainly not as PROMINENT in every game, but he’s still playing well and his scoring is actually UP from his reg season pace. Remember that huge hit and pass that led to the goal early in the series? He’s continued to play a smart physical playoff style game. And again, everything is harder in the playoffs, I don’t expect any particular player to exceed how they played regular season, but you hope a few do. Right now I think Zibs and Troch have greatly raised their game, or at least their scoring, I think Laf has raised his in some departments that will help us win. I won’t be surprised to see him pop a few in next series. Especially if CAR/NYI start keying more on the Zib line.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I could see us winning in 6.

Home team wins every game until the last one, and Carolina falls apart when we take an early lead just like game 7 in 2022.

I wouldn't hate the Islanders taking one more off of Carolina but I would prefer if it's over in 6. If it goes 7, I don't know if I love us sitting around for a week and a half and they played 48 hours ago. That has them getting out to a good start written all over it. Let them cool off.
OTOH anyone can win a game 7... even the Islanders...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Caps also got horrid goaltending from Lindgren this series. It's just one of those things. Sometimes goalies go on a tear, sometimes a stinker. Charlie was a stinker this whole week.

He's had a Jason Labarbera-esque career and I think that's where he's headed- don't see him still an NHL starter within a couple years.

That's one of the biggest random error factors in the playoffs. If NYR had had Igor play like that we would have had Quick in by game 3 like we did with Weeks in 06
I don’t think he was horrid but he wasn’t consistently good enough. Makes some great saves, lets in some others that are stoppable
Maybe because he catches right but his weird method making saves up high clutching his hands to his chest is weird and probably not particularly effective

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Well he’s certainly not as PROMINENT in every game, but he’s still playing well and his scoring is actually UP from his reg season pace. Remember that huge hit and pass that led to the goal early in the series? He’s continued to play a smart physical playoff style game. And again, everything is harder in the playoffs, I don’t expect any particular player to exceed how they played regular season, but you hope a few do. Right now I think Zibs and Troch have greatly raised their game, or at least their scoring, I think Laf has raised his in some departments that will help us win. I won’t be surprised to see him pop a few in next series. Especially if CAR/NYI start keying more on the Zib line.
He got 4 assists but no goals, I think that's why in my mind he's been quiet. Didn't get a tally in the series.

Reactions: bhamill

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The Fox/ Wilson thing was weird, did they think Fox was faking it to draw a penalty? If so cmon that was as obvious as it gets and it’s just damn lucky he wasn’t planted in that leg
Maybe Fox talked some shit afterwards but talking shit is so common the reaction isn’t “start a fight” unless you’re a goon

And Wilson isn’t brave enough to be a goon
It’s not “they” it’s Wilson and for his role it doesn’t matter what he believes or not. In this situation his job was to stir shit up to try to unravel the Rangers - instead of thinking of how to close the game - concentrate on revenge against him.

You mean you watched that game and can't figure out why Lindgren has on for 3 more chances than Fox? Lindgren played every single shift with Fox at ES. However, in the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd period we were badly outplayed and pinned in our own end. 2nd period was the long change. LD was the far change. Forwards don't get it deep, we couldn't change the LD. On the 2nd goal, Fox went off for Gus. Lindgren caught out there for 2 minutes. That goal was 1 chance, probably 2 as he scored on the rebound. Don't know how they score that, chance wise.
Exactly!!! Two LDs were caught on this sequence in the second, how do you think this happened?!?!

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Exactly. The Rangers not sweeping and winning in 5 against the Caps would not have been a big deal. They still would have had plenty of rest which I tried to explain to some. The rest can sometimes be a disadvantage if it's a full week or more.
The rangers came out firing after long rests every time this season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If i were to make a WAG, they would be the best comeback team in the league
We had the most comebacks, but I'm not concerned about comebacks. Technically, we had two comeback wins in this series.

I want to see the extent to which we can carry play in a series that we're not leading 90% of the time.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
We had the most comebacks, but I'm not concerned about comebacks. Technically, we had two comeback wins in this series.

I want to see the extent to which we can carry play in a series that we're not leading 90% of the time.
I don’t think they led 90% of the time, it was tied for at least 10%.

They only trailed for 1% of the time though, which is absurd and wonderful to even type out.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Mika was good in this series. He wasn't close to his own standard in the regular season. It isn't hate to point it out.
Repeatedly zeroing in on his ES production without acknowledgement of puck luck or his contributions elsewhere? Sorry, IMO if not a hater then a troll.

Reactions: TominNC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan