Post-Game Talk: Horrifying Act of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'm happy with the sweep. Can't imagine Fox knee is top notch this morning.

I'm super happy that the team has a few extra days to get healthy physically and more time to get their shit together.

5v5 is still a challenge and will get more difficult in R2.

Turnovers were bad. Against a better opponent than will cost us.

Penalties. Need to cut those down quite a bit. R2 opponent will have a better PP.

Hope the Islanders win tomorrow to extend the time off for rest and practice. We need both.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Wenny much better tonight. He’s not coming out with the PK role. Rempe maybe gets a hand against Canes but I think he’s the odd man out next round. Yes unnecessary against a team without a heavyweight
Rempe's not there to fight heavyweights - he's there to hit their dmen hard enough that they're sore for the rest of the series and force them to deal with one more factor when moving the puck.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6060.gif

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Whatever that Caps troll who came here last night is feeling this morning cannot be good. And I savor it.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
-sweeping/short series are incredibly important in the 1st 2-3 rounds of the playoffs if a Team has serious thoughts of winning it all. Kudos to NYR for shutting the door tonight.
- Zibby adds to his pt streak ( huge for him/team)
-bread with 2pts plus the game winner was equally vital. That’s a nice boost of confidence for him after. Hard working season. We need these guys to perform.
-Tro is a savage. Full stop
-3/4th lines continue to play well
-shesty dialed in

I really think we match up well against Carolina. They aren’t going to obstructed/try to kill the rangers speed. I think the games will actually have more open ice which is better for our top 2 lines.
Just have to focus defensively and shut them down.
I’m proud of this team and they deserved the series sweep. Besides a couple min in a few games here and there caps just looked like they can generate absolutely nothing.
Take the well deserved rest. I’m sure Fox/trouba/lindgren/ and a bunch of forwards can all us so R&R to recover a bit.
Our young guys continue to gain valuable postseason experience.
LGR
Trocheck can definitely use the time off.

If we were the Rangers if old, going to 7 games, he’d be worn out eventually

He’s been our best player imo

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
A song by Bachman-Turner Overdrive. You know the song. Well, that's what our Rangers did.
For the next "round" whether it's the Canes or the Islanders, seems a little fitting that the song is by Ratt. "What comes around goes around".

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The Rangers did what they should have done, swept a really bad hockey team. So that’s the good news. But that series should not have been that much of a struggle. The intensity and play must be increased quite a bit moving past this series. Hope Fil makes his return because he is going to be key generating quick strike offense against Carolina.

Kakko needs more ice time as well, it’s boneheaded that Laviolette skipped him multiple times late in the game. Rangers best forward at ES.
The caps led for 3 minutes, all series. Was it really that much of a struggle?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don’t know what’s going on with Vesey but his defensive zone turnovers have led to goals against. Unacceptable for a 4th line role player imo

I’d put chytil in for him but we know that’s not happening.

Won 13 in a row with Rempe in the lineup. Last loss was to Florida, March 4th. Coincidence?
That hasn't been talked about but I agree. I thought it was Vesey's worst stretch as a ranger.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Vesey is good at everything except for being one of the worst passers I've ever seen out of regulars at this level.

Even though he's a good defender, that gets him in trouble when the rink gets smaller. He sucked against the Devils last year too.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know if they're going to beat Carolina but they're going to play better against Carolina.

They played better against better teams all year. I know people hate the "playing down" thing but it's an 82 game season. And then a 28 game tournament.

We didn't end up in a long series because of playing down like everyone feared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad