Holtby appreciation thread

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
After a slow start, Braden has been the best player, and had the most positive impact as the Caps have started to turn their season around.

The kid deserves some props.

Tied for the league lead in shutouts after today's performance.

Liberati0n*

Tied for the league lead in shutouts after today's performance.

I've always considered that as much of a negative as a positive. A goalie who leads the league in shutouts but has a middling save percentage probably also leads the league in complete train wrecks.

Anyway, Holtby has rebounded really well. :handclap:

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I've always considered that as much of a negative as a positive. A goalie who leads the league in shutouts but has a middling save percentage probably also leads the league in complete train wrecks.

Anyway, Holtby has rebounded really well. :handclap:

But you can also look at it this way: trainwreck isn't an authomatic loss, while the shutout is an automatic win.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I really don't think either of the goalies have been the cause of our disastrous season. But sure, I'll take the time to appreciate Holts. :) I think he's earned the starting job and considering his age he still has a lot of room to grow and I'm looking forward to what he can become in the future.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I really don't think either of the goalies have been the cause of our disastrous season. But sure, I'll take the time to appreciate Holts. :) I think he's earned the starting job and considering his age he still has a lot of room to grow and I'm looking forward to what he can become in the future.

Holtby was bad early on, but the team around him wasn't any better either, they both sucked. Now both are playing better, so his higher overall GAA is a remnant of the slow start. Dude seems like the clear cut goalie of the future for us, a rough month in this wacky short season not withstanding.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He's still young and raw which makes him prone to inconsistency.

He was pretty shaky early on, rebounded strong, then went for a brief shaky period and now has settled down again.

Takes time for a goalie to feel comfortable and settle in.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yep, took him a while to get settled but he's playing pretty well now. 4 shutouts is great no matter how you slice it. I'm glad the coaches and organization want him to be the starter. They're giving him the opportunity and he's making the most of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad