Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Martinook - Dvorak - Rieder
Crouse - Holland - Perlini
McGinn - Gaudet - Doan

Duclair on the first line (or any line) with Domi? That's crazy talk! :scared: <Tippett

Last edited:

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
CHAYKA IS THE BEST.

And man, the Leafs must have wanted to dump the guy in a hurry.

The fact that the Leafs were willing to part with him for a Schrodinger's late round pick kind of undercuts the notion that Chayka really pulled off anything notable here, doesn't it?

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Just throwing this here via Chris Johnston twitter account:

----Chayka, while talking about where Holland might fit in #coyotes lineup. "(Dave Tippett's) got a long history of maximizing assets."---

:popcorn:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The fact that the Leafs were willing to part with him for a Schrodinger's late round pick kind of undercuts the notion that Chayka really pulled off anything notable here, doesn't it?
healthy scratched in 17 of 25 games, firmly planted in Babcock's dog house, 2018 6th sounds like a good deal for both teams.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I don't think so, unless you think we should have waited for the Leafs to waive him. But it's the Schrodinger element that I like about it more than the pick itself. DM would have probably just sent the pick without the condition. I am just fond of the whole concept of "You'll get nothing and you'll thank us for it" in this exchange.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Reider-Dvorak-Duclair
Martinook-Holland-Doan
Crouse-White-McGinn

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Conditional 6th. I'm fine with this. Kinda like the Plotnikov acquisition last year, it's a free look at a player and a low cost if we want to keep him. Decent bit of business.
I meant the cost to acquire him, I wasn't very clear at all haha. Cheap salary though, that's nice. If he's awful we can just let him go. Would we get anything for not qualifying him?
Step 1 is tendering a qualifying offer; 1 year, minimum salary based off last year's salary. We'd only get compensation if we qualify someone and he receives an offer sheet from another team that we elect not to match.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Just throwing this here via Chris Johnston twitter account:

----Chayka, while talking about where Holland might fit in #coyotes lineup. "(Dave Tippett's) got a long history of maximizing assets."---

:popcorn:

What the **** does that even mean? And recent history disagrees.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Conditional 6th. I'm fine with this. Kinda like the Plotnikov acquisition last year, it's a free look at a player and a low cost if we want to keep him. Decent bit of business.Step 1 is tendering a qualifying offer; 1 year, minimum salary based off last year's salary. We'd only get compensation if we qualify someone and he receives an offer sheet from another team that we elect not to match.

Ah different situation than bleakley then? His kind of compensation only triggers if he never gets signed at all, then re enters the draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad