HOH Top 60 Goaltenders of All Time (2024 Edition) - Round 2, Vote 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Right.

He makes it look easy because of his great positioning.

Heard that a million times. I'm not buying it. Especially in this case.
So, very likely the smartest goalie with maybe the best anticipation of all time...was generally out of position? Or, at least, not great at positioning.

Let's go to the tape, I've cut it down so that it's only shot attempts, so no one can complain about having to watch games...

Let's break it down, where are the positioning issues...?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So, very likely the smartest goalie with maybe the best anticipation of all time...was generally out of position? Or, at least, not great at positioning.

Let's go to the tape, I've cut it down so that it's only shot attempts, so no one can complain about having to watch games...

Let's break it down, where are the positioning issues...?

You misinterpreted my response. Or I wasn't clear.

Didn't say his positioning was bad. Just saying he didn't make a lot of great saves for the Devils because he didn't have to. It wasn't because he made it look easy with his positioning.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
You misinterpreted my response. Or I wasn't clear.

Didn't say his positioning was bad. Just saying he didn't make a lot of great saves for the Devils because he didn't have to. It wasn't because he made it look easy with his positioning.
Ok, fair enough. But for his whole career - which spans multiple distinct eras - does he have a significantly greater "advantage" in terms of team tactics over everyone else?

And if so, how large is that advantage?

If Brodeur is a 10 in terms of tactical advantage...what is Plante? Dryden? Roy? Roughly...obviously, this is no exact science. That is, of course, assuming that Brodeur is at the top of this advantage. He shouldn't be, but it sounds like he is...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad