Proposal: Hoffman (+?) for Kane + Girgensons

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Ottawa doesn't want to pay Hoffman, why would they want to pay a guy who has a problem controlling his partying and a RFA they will also have to pay? It makes no sense for Ottawa.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
have at it

:popcorn:

Take out Kane and we have a starting point. You would need to send money back.

How about something like this. Assuming Hoffman signs for ~$6m and Girgensens signs a bridge deal the money works out close to even.

Hoffman (RFA), Claesson (1 yr @ $700k), Wikstrand

for

Girgensens (RFA), Gorges (2 yr @ $3.9m), 2nd round pick, conditional pick (if Wikstrand ever plays for Buffalo)

Claesson has to be part of the deal if Ottawa are taking back a defenseman, and Gorges is probably the only "dump" that Buffalo would include.

Alternatively you could make it Ennis + Girgensens, and Ottawa could flip Ennis to another team for the right price.

Currysux*

Ottawa wont want him. What about Kane +2nd for Chris Kunitz and Ian Cole? He would be a great linemate for Sid. They have a strong locker room so his cancerous attitude wont effect it.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Oh, if Kane can party up a storm in Buffalo and Winnipeg, I can't wait to see what he could do in Manhatten. Rangers might as well forward his paycheck to 1OAK.

ya he isn't safe anywhere... I still remember when Buffalo acquired him I was in complete shock. I couldn't believe a GM with unreal youth would have this guy come in as a guy that the young guys look up to. Weirdest trade of all time that was.

He was a disaster in junior too while in Vancouver. Not well liked amongst his teammates back then too

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Until kane is actually convincted of anything the ridiculous undervaluation is going to be the most annoying aspect of hfboards...and that's hard to do. When this kid comes out and throws up 20+ goals, like 5 fights and a boat load of hits and the sabres team keep on rolling with their "cancer" of a player no one in the realm of buffalo is gonna care about the allegations.

Kunitz for Kane lol really?

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Would not take Kane for free. Negative value player at this point.

Also no interest in trading Hoffman.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Until kane is actually convincted of anything the ridiculous undervaluation is going to be the most annoying aspect of hfboards...and that's hard to do. When this kid comes out and throws up 20+ goals, like 5 fights and a boat load of hits and the sabres team keep on rolling with their "cancer" of a player no one in the realm of buffalo is gonna care about the allegations.

I mean, who doesn't want a guy who charters planes to party in other city's mid-year. Also, he was disaster next to Eichel, and you probably want him on the third line where he can play his race down the ice and shoot style solo game, where he isn't impacting more talented players. This party reputation and ignoring teamates pre-dates these allegations.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa

How about something like this. Assuming Hoffman signs for ~$6m and Girgensens signs a bridge deal the money works out close to even.

for

Girgensens (RFA), Gorges (2 yr @ $3.9m), 2nd round pick, conditional pick (if Wikstrand ever plays for Buffalo)

Claesson has to be part of the deal if Ottawa are taking back a defenseman, and Gorges is probably the only "dump" that Buffalo would include.

Alternatively you could make it Ennis + Girgensens, and Ottawa could flip Ennis to another team for the right price.

Ottawa is not paying Gorges 4M to play on our 3rd pair.

I also fail to see why we need to move a AHL D (specifically Claesson) if we want to take on another NHL D.

If we trade Hoffman it is to move money out and Girgensens + Gorges is going to equal around what Hoffman makes. It makes us a worst team for no reason at all.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I mean, who doesn't want a guy who charters planes to party in other city's mid-year. Also, he was disaster next to Eichel, and you probably want him on the third line where he can play his race down the ice and shoot style solo game, where he isn't impacting more talented players. This party reputation and ignoring teamates pre-dates these allegations.

He didn't mesh with eichel because they both excel with the puck on their stick. The sabres are perfectly fine with kane playing on the "third line". We aren't going to have standard lines this year injuries pending anyways. So long as he is effective and playing his game who cares.

He can charter a plane anywhere he wants it's his money...oddly enough no matter how bad hf members wanna paint him as a bad teammate his team has stood beside him including during recent allegetions.

I'm not advocating for his personality or claiming him a saint by any means but unless this case spirals out of control he will be in the lineup and he will produce at a rate that makes him a commodity.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He didn't mesh with eichel because they both excel with the puck on their stick. The sabres are perfectly fine with kane playing on the "third line". We aren't going to have standard lines this year injuries pending anyways. So long as he is effective and playing his game who cares.

He can charter a plane anywhere he wants it's his money...oddly enough no matter how bad hf members wanna paint him as a bad teammate his team has stood beside him including during recent allegetions.

I'm not advocating for his personality or claiming him a saint by any means but unless this case spirals out of control he will be in the lineup and he will produce at a rate that makes him a commodity.
Yeah, teams just love guys who charter to other citys to party for another leagues all-star game and miss practice the next day. No teammate is going to throw him under the bus over this. But what happened in Winnipeg speaks a lot about his personality. Not only did he piss off a lot of local with his attitude, he also pissed off a lot of teammates. And his reputation in Vancouver isn't much better.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Yeah, teams just love guys who charter to other citys to party for another leagues all-star game and miss practice the next day. No teammate is going to throw him under the bus over this. But what happened in Winnipeg speaks a lot about his personality. Not only did he piss off a lot of local with his attitude, he also pissed off a lot of teammates. And his reputation in Vancouver isn't much better.

Do you think his young teammates care about what allegedly happened in winnepeg? Again he has been very well received by his current team. That being said neither of us really know whats going on in the locker room so it's pointless to argue. He's clearly no saint my point is simple...so long as he's actually on the ice he will produce at a rate that makes him a commodity and not a useless asset.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa doesn't want to pay Hoffman, why would they want to pay a guy who has a problem controlling his partying and a RFA they will also have to pay? It makes no sense for Ottawa.

(mod)

Yeah its a bad proposal but im tired of seeing leaf fans that have no god damn idea about the sens talk about them like they know something no one else does.

Last edited by a moderator:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

for

This one is even worse.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I agree - he definitely has character issues and needs to clean up his act but his antics don't make the team lose and he can definitely score and be physical. If we hadn't already burned bridges I would love to see him back on my team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad