HockeyProspect.com Top 32 for 2024 Draft -November 27th 2023

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Seems like a real outlier and contrarian top 5.

1 and 5 belong and maybe Sam Dickinson but the other 2 I'd really like to hear the case.

i mean the situation in Russian hasn't changed hard to see 2 guys in the top 5 when Michov dropped to 7th last year.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
I mean I can see the hesitance to take eiserman at 2 but to have him outside of the top 5 is crazy
Not crazy at all. Very one dimensional player (right now) who needs to display more than a lethal shot to be ranked higher. The season is young so he has a lot of runway to prove he can more well-rounded.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Not crazy at all. Very one dimensional player (right now) who needs to display more than a lethal shot to be ranked higher. The season is young so he has a lot of runway to prove he can more well-rounded.
Even if this is his final form as player, I think a lot of GMs wouldn’t pass up a 200 pound version of DeBrincat or Caufield that can hold his own in board battles, inspite of the other flaws in his game

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I’ve been waiting for a few bold ratings of Cayden Lindstrom, Alfonso Freij, and Dean Latourneau. Some of the bold moves I don’t get. Eiserman and Catton are just too low.

Reactions: Dominance

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Seems like a real outlier and contrarian top 5.

1 and 5 belong and maybe Sam Dickinson but the other 2 I'd really like to hear the case.

i mean the situation in Russian hasn't changed hard to see 2 guys in the top 5 when Michov dropped to 7th last year.

You're still having a hard time differentiating between rankings and mock drafts are you.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I feel like HP always puts some out of left field names super high early then re adjusts down the stretch. Pickering comes to mind. Best rankings out there.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Feels like a Kessel 2.0 type ranking, they seem to be overthinking it in my mind

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You're still having a hard time differentiating between rankings and mock drafts are you.
No I don't as this is a ranking that still doesn't make sense even on a talent standpoint but perhaps you are referring to Michov?

If so his talent and contract situation combined still shouldn't have dropped him to 7th right?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I understand the Eiserman hate a bit. Reminds me of Mantha. But I think he has way more in him than he has shown so far in terms of complete game. Also putting the puck in the net is really hard.I still have him top 5.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I understand the Eiserman hate a bit. Reminds me of Mantha. But I think he has way more in him than he has shown so far in terms of complete game. Also putting the puck in the net is really hard.I still have him top 5.
Reminds me of Wahlstrom a lot if Wahlstrom kept his confidence.

Reactions: NTDP

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Silayev makes sense. The kid is a KHL regular and putting up points. I'm not overly fond of Dickinson this early. I've heard that scouts are not impressed with Eisermans play this year. Him dropping out of their top 5 doesn't shock me.

A couple other notes;

- Yakemchuk at 9. Yet to see him play and this is the highest I've seen him
- Tij Iginla and Zeev Buium getting respect after putting up strong numbers
- Russians Chernyshov and Shuravin are higher than I've seen them from other outlets

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Interesting ranking. Main thing that has been intriguing to me so far is the divisiveness on Lindstrom and the commentary in his thread that he lacks IQ. HP does not seem to have that concern.

If @Mark Edwards pops in by chance, would love to hear more on why you are a fan of the player (Lindstrom).

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very hot-takey, but that’s their thing. Don’t usually agree with their lists, and this one is another I think is way off. But it’s not for me to tell them how they have to think.

Reactions: pgfan66

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Maybe my biggest question mark? Jett Luchanko? Smallish? Numbers aren’t that exciting? Is there just an exceptional amount of speed? I haven’t seen much of him yet.

I really enjoy this publication. They are not influenced in their rankings by the others. 33 through 64 is a very interesting list. I thought some of these players were not getting enough credit. Some guys that were excluded. I thought we’re getting too much. Excellent work. I really enjoy the articles. It’s a nice early Saturday morning read when everyone is still asleep. I can read focusing on the articles and watch the videos.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad