JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

kYnSk2t.gif

9FqbdNA.gif

bPrP7Ph.jpg

v7Kbnmh.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS (3-1-0) vs. UTAH HOCKEY CLUB (3-0-0)

New Jersey hosts the Utah Hockey Club for the first time in team history. The Devils return home after their first “road” game of the season, a 5-3 win at Washington Saturday night.

Devils Team Scope:
While Jesper Bratt (1g-2a) and Timo Meier (2g-1a) have three-game point streaks, it’s been the Devils unsung heroes that have led the charge for the club in the opening three games. Paul Cotter has a team best four goals and is tied with Stefan Noesen for the points lead at five. Meanwhile, Noesen’s four assists are tied for the team lead with Erik Haula’s four.

Cotter and Noesen aren’t the only newcomers that have made an immediate impact on the team. Johnathan Kovacevic has been playing big minutes while adding three points on the year (1g-2a). Rookie blueliner Seamus Casey has two goals in his first four NHL games.

Goaltender Jacob Markstrom is 2-1 since joining the Devils. With the game against Utah being the first of back-to-back contests, it isn’t clear whether he or Jake Allen will get the start.

Utah Team Scope:
Utah couldn’t have asked for a better start. The Utah Hockey Club has been perfect, winning the opening three games of their season, including the inaugural game in Salt Lake City, 5-2, against Chicago. Since then, the Hockey Club is on the road for a four-game road trip that has started with overtime victories at the Islanders (5-4) and Rangers (6-5).

Dylan Guenther, who scored the first goal for Utah in franchise history, is having a remarkable start to his sophomore season. He has five goals in the opening three games, most in the NHL. Clayton Keller leads the team with six points (3g-3a) while Barrett Hayton (3g-2a) and Logan Cooley (5a) have also chipped in offensively.

INJURIES

Devils:

L.Hughes (shoulder), Pesce (ankle), Hatakka (upper-body), Vilen (upper-body), Beckman (lower-body)

Utah HC:
Bjugstad (upper-body), Marino (upper-body)

vaHLNPt.png

zJxBgHK.jpg

vUJFjb4.gif

QI6EYeb.jpg

BP4CgLg.gif

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_6296.jpeg

kYnSk2t.gif

9FqbdNA.gif

bPrP7Ph.jpg

v7Kbnmh.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS (3-1-0) vs. UTAH HOCKEY CLUB (3-0-0)

New Jersey hosts the Utah Hockey Club for the first time in team history. The Devils return home after their first “road” game of the season, a 5-3 win at Washington Saturday night.

Devils Team Scope:
While Jesper Bratt (1g-2a) and Timo Meier (2g-1a) have three-game point streaks, it’s been the Devils unsung heroes that have led the charge for the club in the opening three games. Paul Cotter has a team best four goals and is tied with Stefan Noesen for the points lead at five. Meanwhile, Noesen’s four assists are tied for the team lead with Erik Haula’s four.

Cotter and Noesen aren’t the only newcomers that have made an immediate impact on the team. Johnathan Kovacevic has been playing big minutes while adding three points on the year (1g-2a). Rookie blueliner Seamus Casey has two goals in his first four NHL games.

Goaltender Jacob Markstrom is 2-1 since joining the Devils. With the game against Utah being the first of back-to-back contests, it isn’t clear whether he or Jake Allen will get the start.

Utah Team Scope:
Utah couldn’t have asked for a better start. The Utah Hockey Club has been perfect, winning the opening three games of their season, including the inaugural game in Salt Lake City, 5-2, against Chicago. Since then, the Hockey Club is on the road for a four-game road trip that has started with overtime victories at the Islanders (5-4) and Rangers (6-5).

Dylan Guenther, who scored the first goal for Utah in franchise history, is having a remarkable start to his sophomore season. He has five goals in the opening three games, most in the NHL. Clayton Keller leads the team with six points (3g-3a) while Barrett Hayton (3g-2a) and Logan Cooley (5a) have also chipped in offensively.

INJURIES

Devils:

L.Hughes (shoulder), Pesce (ankle), Hatakka (upper-body), Vilen (upper-body), Beckman (lower-body)

Utah HC:
Bjugstad (upper-body), Marino (upper-body)

vaHLNPt.png

zJxBgHK.jpg

vUJFjb4.gif

QI6EYeb.jpg

BP4CgLg.gif

IMG_7006.jpeg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My son's daycare is closed today, and half my work team is out. I have no meetings this afternoon, and I will decline the shit out of any that crop up.

Yes, it sounds like a great day to watch a Devils game with my little guy!
Can I send my kids over? You will need to buy them a lot of beer but I'm sure they will behave themselves.

Reactions: Guadana

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
I'm curious as to what name the Utah Hockey Club will come up with to replace "hockey club" down the road.....

While there were actual mascot names among the finalists -- including the Blizzard, Mammoth, Outlaws, Venom and Yeti -- Utah Hockey Club emerged as the temporary team name. The team will likely roll out a long-term team name and logo sometime next offseason, but that has not officially been confirmed.
The Utah Hockey team name for the 2024-25 season, Utah Hockey Club or Utah HC, made the final round of the fan vote, but that doesn't mean it's the frontrunner. That distinction goes to Utah Yeti, since members of the franchise keep referencing it, as the Deseret News has reported

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad