GDT: Hockey Club @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I completely underestimated Noesen’s play making ability. I swear he makes several excellent passes a game that lead to high danger chances or goals. He’s especially effective below the goal line making quick behind the back passes to the front of the net. And of course his grit and net front ability we all know about. Great addition

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
When was the last time we heard from another team that we're well coached?
IMG_4205.gif

You can take the team out of Arizona, but you can't take Arizona out of the team.
We all know how tough it is to get rid of sand.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I completely underestimated Noesen’s play making ability. I swear he makes several excellent passes a game that lead to high danger chances or goals. He’s especially effective below the goal line making quick behind the back passes to the front of the net. And of course his grit and net front ability we all know about. Great addition
He's an interesting case study from a development perspective. He was good here but transformed into a diff player in Carolina. Rare at his age.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's an interesting case study from a development perspective. He was good here but transformed into a diff player in Carolina. Rare at his age.
Sometimes I think that he's late 30s. He has an older look about him. Probably the oldest looking player on the team, which he's not. Markstrom, Allen, Tatar, Dillon and Palat are all older than him. Dougie was born the same year, I can't recall who was born first.

I almost thought he was 30-31 the first time he played here, even though he didn't play many NHL games before he got here. I think I may be getting him confused with Brian Gibbons, who actually was 30 years old when he played here, and didn't have much NHL experience before he got here.

I think we got Noesen as a waiver pickup from....I can't remember if he was with Ottawa or Anaheim? I think it goes he was drafted by Ottawa, but was traded to Anaheim in the Bobby Ryan trade?

Haula is also older than him. For some reason I had Haula a couple of years younger than he actually is.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
I memory holed the 18-19 season to the 21-22 season. Anyone remember why Noesen flamed out with us initially? I only remember him being solid for us in 17-18 and solid for Carolina.
Sometimes I think that he's late 30s. He has an older look about him. Probably the oldest looking player on the team, which he's not. Markstrom, Allen, Tatar, Dillon and Palat are all older than him. Dougie was born the same year, I can't recall who was born first.

I almost thought he was 30-31 the first time he played here, even though he didn't play many NHL games before he got here. I think I may be getting him confused with Brian Gibbons, who actually was 30 years old when he played here, and didn't have much NHL experience before he got here.

I think we got Noesen as a waiver pickup from....I can't remember if he was with Ottawa or Anaheim? I think it goes he was drafted by Ottawa, but was traded to Anaheim in the Bobby Ryan trade?

Haula is also older than him. For some reason I had Haula a couple of years younger than he actually is.
The Noesen photo the Devils broadcast has does him dirty. The pic is so bad it makes him look like a chain-smoking 47 year old. The hair loss doesn't help either.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I memory holed the 18-19 season to the 21-22 season. Anyone remember why Noesen flamed out with us initially? I only remember him being solid for us in 17-18 and solid for Carolina.

The Noesen photo the Devils broadcast has does him dirty. The pic is so bad it makes him look like a chain-smoking 47 year old. The hair loss doesn't help either.
He got injured (I don't remember what it was) in 18-19 and his play dropped off quite a bit. I think he even missed a significant amount of games that season, and was ineffective when he did play.

We let him walk after that year, as he was a UFA or maybe he was even an RFA who we didn't tender an offer to? Was he with Pittsburgh the next year? I can't remember. I think he was mostly in the AHL for Pittsburgh that next year. I know he's been in the Canes org since the 2021 covid season (I think?) and I think he went back and forth between the AHL and NHL up until either the next year or the year after.

Noesen, Coleman, Gibbons (who was older than the other two by a few years) and Boyle (who was well into his 30s by then) were all surprises in the bottom 6 for us in that 17-18 season. Maybe not Boyle so much, he had been around for a while, but the other three were not NHL regulars just the season before that.

Gibbons faded back into obscurity and didn't stick in the NHL after that, but the other two guys wound up having good NHL careers. Obviously Coleman more than Noesen.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I was so glad to see that the Devils stopped the Utah's winning streak. They had a terrific game.

I bought the Devils Streaming package for $297 and then when the 1:00 PM today's game was on, I found myself in the ER from 11:30 AM until 6 PM so I missed the game.

I have a chance tomorrow to watch the Carolina game.

Go Devils

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I was so glad to see that the Devils stopped the Utah's winning streak. They had a terrific game.

I bought the Devils Streaming package for $297 and then when the 1:00 PM today's game was on, I found myself in the ER from 11:30 AM until 6 PM so I missed the game.

Go Devils
Hope you are on the mend. Enjoy the game!

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Go Devils
Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

I spent most of the day with my mom in the ER, but at least I managed to catch the game :)

Get better.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Go Devils
Hopefully all is well now. Good to hear you got home after medical treatment.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Team is really buying into what Sheldon is selling.

9 goals allowed in 5 games without sacrificing offense. So far so good.

A win tomorrow against Carolina and it will be close to a perfect start to the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad