Hockey Cards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
You might be better off buying two tins at 30 each. That's six Young Guns for 60 instead of six Young Guns for 68.

I could be wrong on this, but I think the retail boxes guarantee one jersey. So if that is still true, it comes down to whether you'd rather pay 60 for 6 YGs or 68 for 6 YGs+1 jersey. Some of the shorter print jersey cards are of decent value, but a lot of them won't be worth the 8 bucks.

Value wise? If you're mainly concerned with YGs, retail at Zephyr Epic is probably the cheapest way to buy series 1 now that Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale is over. So I'd say it's a good deal in that respect.
i had already ordered the retail box, i just opened and i got the following
UD canvas abthony beaulivier
YG eeli tolvanen
YG anthony cirelli
UD rookie portraits adam gaudette
UD portraits lundqvist
UD canvas joe pavelski
shooting stars centers mat barzal
UD canvas holtby
YG troy terry
YG maxime lajoie
YG canvas lias andersson
UD portaits teuvo teravainen
UD portraits nino niederreiter
YG warren foegele
YG kristian vesalainen
UD canvas aaron ekblad
UD game jersey mark schiefle

seems like a pretty decent box? are any of these good?

Coado

Apr 2, 2005
Charlottetown
I understand not buying hobby if you only collect young guns. Does anyone here bust UD artifacts? I got a few rookie redemptions and was wondering when they send them out?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
i had already ordered the retail box, i just opened and i got the following
UD canvas abthony beaulivier
YG eeli tolvanen
YG anthony cirelli
UD rookie portraits adam gaudette
UD portraits lundqvist
UD canvas joe pavelski
shooting stars centers mat barzal
UD canvas holtby
YG troy terry
YG maxime lajoie
YG canvas lias andersson
UD portaits teuvo teravainen
UD portraits nino niederreiter
YG warren foegele
YG kristian vesalainen
UD canvas aaron ekblad
UD game jersey mark schiefle

seems like a pretty decent box? are any of these good?

If you want to know the value, you can type the card name into eBay and click "sold listings". Outside of the "Young Guns Canvas" subset, the canvas+portraits aren't worth anything ever. They are nice looking cards though, especially the canvas. Shooting Stars can be worth quite a bit if they are the retail exclusive ones and are the coloured short prints, you'd have to google for more info on that as I'm not up to date on it.

None of those YGs are hugely valuable right now but Tolvanen has a lot of upside since he could end up as a big goal scorer within the next 2-3 years on a playoff team. All things considered, you did pretty good since the Tolvanen+Andersson cards are both selling for 10+ CAD right now. The jersey cards are arranged in different "groups" based on rarity. The one you got is from the second rarest group, group B. I'd say it's a solid 5 maybe 10 dollar card.

With cracking packs, you should not expect to break even, so with that in mind, you didn't do too badly. Unless I am missing something, you maybe pulled on a good day 40+ bucks worth of cards, and two of the guys you pulled in Tolvanen+Andersson have quite a bit of upside (Tolvanen especially).

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Kerry-Fraser.jpg

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Coado

Apr 2, 2005
Charlottetown
Just pulled this card from Artifacts. I’m a Habs fan so great pull for me.

Attachments

• 19193E1A-F517-4D25-9D07-C5BB6F8297F7.jpeg
    19193E1A-F517-4D25-9D07-C5BB6F8297F7.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 94

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Found my Malkin YG's card. Any idea on if it's worth anything? It's been in a case for like 12 years, haha.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
I agree. Can get some nice cards from series 1. I pulled a tavares yg that I had graded. It came back a bgs 10 and is worth about $1000. I got it from a $30 retail box of 24 that was on sale. I bought 10 of those. Pulled 3 tavares and 3 Karlssons. A karlsson, a E. Kane, and a Niemi all came back bgs 10 too.
Bgs 10 Tavares worth 1000 ? Just a yg? Not high gloss?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I understand not buying hobby if you only collect young guns. Does anyone here bust UD artifacts? I got a few rookie redemptions and was wondering when they send them out?

Could be a couple of months, but normally 6-8 weeks.

Found my Malkin YG's card. Any idea on if it's worth anything? It's been in a case for like 12 years, haha.

120-160 if sold on Ebay.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Bgs 10 Tavares worth 1000 ? Just a yg? Not high gloss?

Yep. The population count for BGS 10 is pretty low. I'm talking Canadian dollars. The price has actually gone up to about $1,200 now. If the Leafs win a cup I can see north of $2000.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yep. The population count for BGS 10 is pretty low. I'm talking Canadian dollars. The price has actually gone up to about $1,200 now. If the Leafs win a cup I can see north of $2000.

My buddy won one in a razz and it was valued at $600 recently. Razz ended up netting the guy $700. There's a 10 on ebay right now for $850. Will definitely go up if he wins a Cup, which IMO would be the time to sell as Leafs fans would be in a frenzy and buy it for a boatload.

I picked up a BGS 10 Laine YG Canvas for $120, on top of some other cards at a local card show. Also grabbed myself a BGS 9.5 Laine in a trade for one of my shadow boxes. Going to display them with my Laine rookie auto jersey. I want to get a few more nice Laine rookies but the price is crazy for them right now. If I see any Razz's I'm pulling the trigger though.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
My buddy won one in a razz and it was valued at $600 recently. Razz ended up netting the guy $700. There's a 10 on ebay right now for $850. Will definitely go up if he wins a Cup, which IMO would be the time to sell as Leafs fans would be in a frenzy and buy it for a boatload.

I picked up a BGS 10 Laine YG Canvas for $120, on top of some other cards at a local card show. Also grabbed myself a BGS 9.5 Laine in a trade for one of my shadow boxes. Going to display them with my Laine rookie auto jersey. I want to get a few more nice Laine rookies but the price is crazy for them right now. If I see any Razz's I'm pulling the trigger though.

There's one auction on EBay right now, with over a day left at $850. It will likely sell for more than that. Especially as all Ebay buyers do is "snipe" these days.

Razz?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There's one auction on EBay right now, with over a day left at $850. It will likely sell for more than that. Especially as all Ebay buyers do is "snipe" these days.

Razz?

Razz's are usually unique to facebook card break groups, it's similar to a raffle. Say you have a card valued at $600 cad. You have a razz with 10 spots @ $80 cad per spot totaling $800 for you the razzer. People can buy as many spots as they want to increase their odds. And admins of the group use random.org to generate a winner after 3 random draws, other groups I'm in roll 10 sided dice on a live stream.
Sometimes if a card has major value you do mini razzes and micro razzes. Mini's are usually out of 10 as well and win you a spot in the main razz. Micro's win you a spot in a mini. They tend to go for a lot less but if the card has huge draw and value can deliver a lot more cash for the person razzing the card.

So as someone looking to sell the card you just got more than the card is worth and as someone who won the razz you just got a card worth $600 for $80. It's definitely gambling and can be addictive but is really fun. I've seen some cards go for double their value on razzes.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
I haven't gotten hockey cards since I was real young but reading this thread made me really want to go buy a couple boxes. I bought a Series 1 hobby and a Artifacts box because I love that style. The Artifacts was a bit disappointing (got a rookie auto redemption) but I got a YG Dahlin in the Series 1 which was awesome.

Got a few jersey cards as well but outside of Mark Stone they were pretty much no names. Still super fun opening packs for the first time in many years.

Coado

Apr 2, 2005
Charlottetown
I haven't gotten hockey cards since I was real young but reading this thread made me really want to go buy a couple boxes. I bought a Series 1 hobby and a Artifacts box because I love that style. The Artifacts was a bit disappointing (got a rookie auto redemption) but I got a YG Dahlin in the Series 1 which was awesome.

Got a few jersey cards as well but outside of Mark Stone they were pretty much no names. Still super fun opening packs for the first time in many years.
It’s so much fun haha, congrats on the Dahlin I couldn’t find him in my boxes

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
image.jpg
I responded to an ad in the local Swap and Shop to a guy looking to sell this lot of cards for $500 After a litte negotiating, I ended up getting everything shown in the picture for $400. Im pretty sure it was a good deal but I am looking for some confirmation. Im curious as to how good of a deal I got lol. From the quick searches I did on ebay Im liking what Ive seen

This is what was there
-Vlad Tarasenko yg and yg canvas
-Auston Matthews yg canvas
-Nolan Patrick yg canvas
- Evgeny Kuznetsov yg and yg canvas
-Gordie Howe auto card
-Jack Eichel yg canvas
-Connor McDavid yg
-Mitch Marner yg canvas
-Brock Beoser yg
-Braden Holtby yg
-Nicklas Bacstrom yg
-Sebastian Aho yg
-Thomas Chabot yg
-Mikko Rantanen yg
-Nic Ehlers yg and yg canvas
-Mark Scheifele yg and yg canvas
-Kyle Connor yg, yg canvas, and yg exclusive
-Patrik Laine ug and yg canvas

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
I hit this card recently and very much regret selling it now with EP getting another 5 point game.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 48

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
View attachment 162611 I responded to an ad in the local Swap and Shop to a guy looking to sell this lot of cards for $500 After a litte negotiating, I ended up getting everything shown in the picture for $400. Im pretty sure it was a good deal but I am looking for some confirmation. Im curious as to how good of a deal I got lol. From the quick searches I did on ebay Im liking what Ive seen

This is what was there
-Nolan Patrick yg canvas
-Gordie Howe auto card
-Jack Eichel yg canvas
-Connor McDavid yg
-Mitch Marner yg canvas
-Brock Beoser yg
-Braden Holtby yg
-Nicklas Bacstrom yg
-Sebastian Aho yg
-Thomas Chabot yg
-Mikko Rantanen yg
Lol
That's robbery. The McDavid alone is worth $300 cad. You could resell on eBay for triple pretty easily.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Lol
That's robbery. The McDavid alone is worth $300 cad. You could resell on eBay for triple pretty easily.
Ya, I did a little more digging, and I quickly realized I got a really good deal. I used to collect and now that my son is into it, I figured to spend the 400$ and get him off to a decent start. He tells me that he quickly built up one of the better collections amonsgt his friends witth that haul.

Coado

Apr 2, 2005
Charlottetown
Could someone explain the UD artifacts rookie redemption to me. I got a wildcard SP2. I entered it into the site, does anyone know when they actually send them out?

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
View attachment 162611 I responded to an ad in the local Swap and Shop to a guy looking to sell this lot of cards for $500 After a litte negotiating, I ended up getting everything shown in the picture for $400. Im pretty sure it was a good deal but I am looking for some confirmation. Im curious as to how good of a deal I got lol. From the quick searches I did on ebay Im liking what Ive seen

This is what was there
-Nolan Patrick yg canvas
-Gordie Howe auto card
-Jack Eichel yg canvas
-Connor McDavid yg
-Mitch Marner yg canvas
-Brock Beoser yg
-Braden Holtby yg
-Nicklas Bacstrom yg
-Sebastian Aho yg
-Thomas Chabot yg
-Mikko Rantanen yg

As long as the cards are in good condition you got a nice deal! Lot of those cards are easy to flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad