Hockey Cards - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Get that out of the screw down. Those can damage cards. This is the Topps version? If so, you can send the to either Beckett or psa. If it says o-pee-chee on the back, it's fake though. No yellow dot.

As I have a few cards that are also in similar type screw-downs, can you please elaborate more on how this is damaging to a card? Thanks in advance :)

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Recommend a place in particular to buy vintage? I ordered my first booster of upper deck series 1 off of Amazon came to 65 Canadian for 8 packs, I I no idea if I overpaid like crazy, but I got Laf from New Yorks rookie card so I'm not too upset at the price lol.

I am just doing it for fun, you are correct not a viable investment strategy but it is exciting and fun. So upper deck series 1 and 2, sp authentic? "The cup" and I'm guessing vintage is a series as well? Some prices I've seen for certain packs and boosters are insane hundreds thousands lol.

I'd just like to buy a booster for under a hundred once or twice a month with a chance at something that may shock and wow me ya know? A young guns rookie of someone special or a jersey card or something worth something just a shot I'd cool enough for me.

I appreciate everybody's responses very kind of you all, at the end of the day it's just forcfun and I'm enjoying myself but I'd like to know what's the best money to chance for something very cool and maybe worth something one say as well.

These future watch cards, how much are the packs for what they come in? Anyone recommend the best place to buy as a Canadian? Was buying off of Amazon a taboo move? Lol thanks boys.

I've picked up a few Series 1 Blasters of various yeas from walrmart online the last couple of months for $30 each. Also got a Lafreniere YG with Mcavoy and Hischier YGs.

I hadn't open a pack of hockey cards since I was a kid, very nostalgic fun. Have to get into my parents attic and find the old cards.

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Finally got my grades back from early March. Worth the wait I guess @The Kingslayer

Attachments

• 20210214_152137.jpg
    20210214_152137.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 14

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Finally got my grades back from early March. Worth the wait I guess @The Kingslayer
Did you send through Wests? I havent heard anything from Jim and Moe yet and sent two batches to them. One in mid February and one on March 12th lol. Oh I think those two Ovechkins are mine. I would appreciate if you gave them back to me hahaha. Seriously though those are some nice grades.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Did you send through Wests? I havent heard anything from Jim and Moe yet and sent two batches to them. One in mid February and one on March 12th lol. Oh I think those two Ovechkins are mine. I would appreciate if you gave them back to me hahaha. Seriously though those are some nice grades.
Yea I did, think yours should be back too.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Hmmmm......I'm asking over $12 Grand for this card but I'm still gonna ask for an extra $20 for shipping costs. :amazed:
Free shipping is essential for me when buying on E-Bay. When I was on the market last year for a Matthews YG sellers without free shipping were immediately discarded from buying contention.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Free shipping is essential for me when buying on E-Bay. When I was on the market last year for a Matthews YG sellers without free shipping were immediately discarded from buying contention.
The lack of common sense and logic is a tad bit befuddling, care to explain your logic ? You'd essentially rather buy a $450 +$0 card than a $400+ $20 shipping one, What am I missing ?

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That is hilarious, For most people it's the exact opposite.
I see Free Shipping on maybe 1% of all posting, Most are 4.99$ Which is standard for Canada and 6:99 for the US.
Why would you not buy a card without free shipping? That makes zero sense

There is no Logic what so ever, If you buy a 300 $ Card with Free shipping, compared to a 280$ Card with 20$ Shipping.

Very Rarely do you see cards get overpriced and have skyrocket shipping costs.

Reactions: Mitts

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The lack of common sense and logic is a tad bit befuddling, care to explain your logic ? You'd essentially rather buy a $450 +$0 card than a $400+ $20 shipping one, What am I missing ?
Exactly lmao

Reactions: Mitts

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hmmmm......I'm asking over $12 Grand for this card but I'm still gonna ask for an extra $20 for shipping costs. :amazed:
Of course he is, A card that expensive will probably need to have some serious protecting in the Envelop/Box to secure the card.
Also it's standard for high shipping costs for product in the 500$ + Range.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
You are assuming that everyone with free shipping is adding into the price. Not always the case. In fact, the Matthews YG that I purchased was the same price as another seller but I went with the free shipping. If I am already dropping a few hundred bucks you can chip in free shipping. Many sellers understand this.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
You are assuming that everyone with free shipping is adding into the price. Not always the case. In fact, the Matthews YG that I purchased was the same price as another seller but I went with the free shipping. If I am already dropping a few hundred bucks you can chip in free shipping. Many sellers understand this.
I am assuming nothing, you said you filtered out non free shipping sales, this means you will not see what is cheapest option with shipping factored in, you are costing yourself money in the long run, often times free shipping sales are not the cheapest overall.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I am assuming nothing, you said you filtered out non free shipping sales, this means you will not see what is cheapest option with shipping factored in, you are costing yourself money in the long run, often timers free shipping sales are not the cheapest overall.
Nope. Not what I said. I have never filtered my E-Bay searches based on shipping. What I will do, 100% of the time, is not consider the sellers charging for shipping when others, many others, are offering the same item for the same price but comp the shipping.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Nope. Not what I said. I have never filtered my E-Bay searches based on shipping. What I will do, 100% of the time, is not consider the sellers charging for shipping when others, many others, are offering the same item for the same price but comp the shipping.

I feel free shipping is almost never offered, and when it is the base price of the card is just more expensive than market by about the cost of shipping.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Am I to assume that the recessed screw downs would be fine then? Thanks in advance :)
Better. Those generally have two much space and the cards get damaged bouncing around in them.

Imo you should always use a card sleeve and top loader. I don't even like one touches. Many will disagree with me on one touches though.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

I build shipping into my asking price when I sell on Facebook but I don't offer it on eBay.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Do you guys feel like the market has been exploding lately?

McDavid, MacKinnon's young guns all sky rocketed up lately.
And even freaking Suzuki's YG is going for $150 USD on average.

Are we seeing more and more increased in value as everybody is ready to pay more and more just like the sneaker games or PS5/Xbox craziness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis