GDT: HNIC: Rangers visit Toronto - 10/19/24 - 7PM EST SN/CBC

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Seems to be the case so far. I'm a fan of Lilly, but he didn't have a good game last game at all. I think he's better than Timmins, but he sure hasn't shown it. It's a shame that he might get moved now, and excel elsewhere.

I know some hate advanced stats... but Lilly just didn't look comfortable, probably a bit nervous and was a 8.7% Expected goals for. He was on ice for 2 shots for, and 18 shots against... Clearly it wasn't all him... but it's still a terrible performance.
Along with those stats, every time that puck went into a corner, he lost the battle and that combined with the lack of offensive flair means it's just not good enough. But Timmins hasn't been much better.

Reactions: rumman

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
So hard to believe it's the 18th of October and they've only played four games so far.

At some point those missed early games will have to be played. So unless they plan on playing until July the games will be coming fast and furious. Plus since they started the yesr playing a bunch of crummy teams they end the year playing a bunch of good teams.

I'm hoping the back half of the season is much better viewing than what we have seen so far.
Including this Saturday... they play Monday against Tampa, Tuesday Columbus I think it is, Thursday St Louis, then Boston next Saturday. It's going to be a very busy week.

I hear you though. Big gaps. They play a lot of back to backs this year too.

Probably depends on arena availability sometimes but sometimes the season schedules are pretty bad.

Glad they're keeping that second line. It was great last game. Holmberg could switch for a game with Pat to see how that goes but overall pretty decent lines.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
The Rangers are so intimidating.

1729284189213.png

Paaaa thetic.

Should we raise a banner "1st round of the playoffs recipient"

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I think it's a good sign that we have 3 solid forward lines (all except the current, recent and past 3rd, see below) and 5/6 d-men are locked in and looking good overall.

Question is if Treliving can find two solid, playoff-tested wingers to replace Holmberg & Robertson before the TDL. If Jarnkrok comes back, stays healthy and looks good there's one, but probably a long shot to satisfy all 3. Drop Holmberg to the fourth and see if there's renewed interest in the market for Robertson assuming he puts up similar numbers to last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad