GDT: HNIC: Rangers visit Toronto - 10/19/24 - 7PM EST SN/CBC

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
plays for EDM now.

plays for WAS now.
Exactly.

IMO Lily was on the right track but that Marchand slewfoot and high ankle sprain really set him back. He just hasn't looked the same since both mentally and physically
You can tell that the Bruins target him over and over again.

He's not the right fit in a playoff series against them.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Definitely not a 3 million dollar player………

People worried about Lilly miraculously turning into a 3 million dollar D man elsewhere is hilarious, who cares, he’s useless here and now………
I don't think there is a market for him or he would be gone. I don't think Berube sees him as salvageable at this point. He might get some bites at TD but his play must improve. Taking him out already speaks volumes.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don't think there is a market for him or he would be gone. I don't think Berube sees him as salvageable at this point. He might get some bites at TD but his play must improve. Taking him out already speaks volumes.
The more hou play him the more his value depreciates……..

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
You don't even think he's going to play 10 games? Because that's when he gets his 1st bonus payment and he's already played 3 games.
Fair enough I’m sure he’ll hit 10 but I’m not convinced he’ll hit 35 if he doesn’t start looking better out there.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Fair enough I’m sure he’ll hit 10 but I’m not convinced he’ll hit 35 if he doesn’t start looking better out there.
Pacioretty has played decently, that's not the issue. I'm pretty sure tbh that Berube and management are load managing him to keep him healthy and fresh for the playoffs. I imagine it will be the same case when Hakanpaa joins the team.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-10-18-13-19-32~2.png

so far so elite

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Pacioretty has played decently, that's not the issue. I'm pretty sure tbh that Berube and management are load managing him to keep him healthy and fresh for the playoffs. I imagine it will be the same case when Hakanpaa joins the team.
He’s had a rough start out there but it’s way too early to judge for a guy his age who’s missed so much time the last few years

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He’s had a rough start out there but it’s way too early to judge for a guy his age who’s missed so much time the last few years
I thought he looked pretty sharp against Montreal and New Jersey (and he scored against NJ too), and he was just ok against Pittsburgh, certainly not worthy of being benched on a merit basis. Berube has been cautious with his TOI as well - I genuinely think there's an understanding that they would ease him back in slowly, otherwise I don't see why he would've signed here when he had other options. Berube doesn't seem to be a dickhead like Babcock who would maliciously bench him either.

I am betting he draws back in very soon and Robertson or Holmberg will sit next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad