GDT: HNIC: Rangers visit Toronto - 10/19/24 - 7PM EST SN/CBC

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Timmins sucks, I don't understand why he keeps getting reps. FFS if you don't wanna play Liljegren then at least sub in Myers, he's just been rotting away.

Also don't understand why Pacioretty is sitting when he's scored a goal and at this point brings more pure offense than either Holmberg or Robertson.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don't think Berube sees much downside defensively putting Timmins in for Lil, almost a wash. Then factor in Timmins is a much better puck mover and I guess that's the thinking. I feel bad for Benoit, neither is a good partner.

Not sure why Timmins is back in?
Lil was pretty bad for the first half of the came, Berube started putting OEL out in his place with Benoit. He sure didn't come out like McMann did when benched.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
You don't even think he's going to play 10 games? Because that's when he gets his 1st bonus payment and he's already played 3 games.
He's great insurance for that measly amount, it's the second bonus that's at stake.

Yes accurate. I feel Benoit seriously misses playing with McCabe. They were awesome last season.
Interestingly, he still played over 20 last game, 7 more than Lil, third on the team. But, he needs a solid partner.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If you are going to have Tavares on the 3rd line then you need to either get a better 2C that bumps Domi down to the 3rd line LW

OR if you really think Domi is a good enough 2C long term you need to get a better winger.

Because as much as I like Holmberg, and I do he's a pure 4th liner any higher and he starts riding the struggle bus.

Holmberg is not good enough to be a top 9 forward.

I wouldn't mind seeing if Pacioretty-Tavares-Robertson can work.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lilly back on the 4th pair. Well so much for showcasing. Berube just doesn't like him. Unfortunate but thats reality now
Nothing to like with either Lilly or Timmins, I’m waiting for Myers to get his chance………

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'd say Lily has checked out on us. He got his money. Should have done a one year contract.
He might feel that way for sure. Remember not a single teammate rushed to his defense after Marchand intentionally hurt him last season. He might just be thinking fk these guys I'm not risking my health for them. Maybe he is looking for a fresh start elsewhere. Which is fine. We need a tougher player to slot in that bottom pairing role.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Seems to be the case so far. I'm a fan of Lilly, but he didn't have a good game last game at all. I think he's better than Timmins, but he sure hasn't shown it. It's a shame that he might get moved now, and excel elsewhere.

I know some hate advanced stats... but Lilly just didn't look comfortable, probably a bit nervous and was a 8.7% Expected goals for. He was on ice for 2 shots for, and 18 shots against... Clearly it wasn't all him... but it's still a terrible performance.
Definitely not a 3 million dollar player………

People worried about Lilly miraculously turning into a 3 million dollar D man elsewhere is hilarious, who cares, he’s useless here and now………

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Timmins sucks, I don't understand why he keeps getting reps. FFS if you don't wanna play Liljegren then at least sub in Myers, he's just been rotting away.

Also don't understand why Pacioretty is sitting when he's scored a goal and at this point brings more pure offense than either Holmberg or Robertson.
Only reason I can see why Myers hasn’t played yet is they’re trying to showcase Lilly AND Timmins……….

If Pacioretty isn't a lineup regular, it's definitely not worth having cap overages because of him next season.
He won’t reach his bonus objectives at this rate……..

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Travis Dermott and

plays for EDM now.

Rasmus Sandin.
plays for WAS now.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
IMO Lily was on the right track but that Marchand slewfoot and high ankle sprain really set him back. He just hasn't looked the same since both mentally and physically
If a 5.09 -- 176 lb rat is going to mess up his game, even after he's physically recovered, he should be sent packing.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
IMO Lily was on the right track but that Marchand slewfoot and high ankle sprain really set him back. He just hasn't looked the same since both mentally and physically

I agree. For wherever reason, he just has not had it since.

plays for EDM now.

plays for WAS now.

So? Neither one is good.

Reactions: 1specter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad