GDT: HNIC: Rangers visit Toronto - 10/19/24 - 7PM EST SN/CBC

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Shouldn't this be 'Pre-Game Talk'?

Should be a good test tomorrow. More of a real team. Going to be interesting to see the lineup. Practice notes for today should be out soon.

Reactions: arso40

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

Too long between games.​

So hard to believe it's the 18th of October and they've only played four games so far.

At some point those missed early games will have to be played. So unless they plan on playing until July the games will be coming fast and furious. Plus since they started the yesr playing a bunch of crummy teams they end the year playing a bunch of good teams.

I'm hoping the back half of the season is much better viewing than what we have seen so far.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
missed early games will have to be played.
1729262147233.png

Carolina has played 2.

1729262205706.png

Jersey 7

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

I'm not sure your point but I also wasn't clear in making my point either (it made sense in my head only).

i think the league as a whole is, in general, a few games behind for this time of year. They started about a week late and there's been big gaps between game days. So if they want to have the season end at it's normal time they will have to pick up the pace.

Either that or award the cup in August.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lilly back on the 4th pair. Well so much for showcasing. Berube just doesn't like him. Unfortunate but thats reality now

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Lilly back on the 4th pair. Well so much for showcasing. Berube just doesn't like him. Unfortunate but thats reality now

Seems to be the case so far. I'm a fan of Lilly, but he didn't have a good game last game at all. I think he's better than Timmins, but he sure hasn't shown it. It's a shame that he might get moved now, and excel elsewhere.

I know some hate advanced stats... but Lilly just didn't look comfortable, probably a bit nervous and was a 8.7% Expected goals for. He was on ice for 2 shots for, and 18 shots against... Clearly it wasn't all him... but it's still a terrible performance.

Last edited:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I wouldn't mind Myers to get in...he's got size, and seems to have some snarl to his game too.

I supposed a roster move or 2 would have to happen though.
Injuries happen

Remember lagesson and benoit, they weren’t roster players at the start of last season, injuries brought them up and they ran with it

Tanev gets pretty banged up during the season, and Rielly misses games too. You never know he might get in

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Seems to be the case so far. I'm a fan of Lilly, but he didn't have a good game last game at all. I think he's better than Timmins, but he sure hasn't shown it. It's a shame that he might get moved now, and excel elsewhere.
I would just move him now. Get whatever you can now. Sitting him isn't helping him or the team. They will get a low return and he'll do well somewhere else. It's sad but thats the position they have put themselves in. I think Brad wants a do over on this. He's messed this up big time. Signing him looks stupider by the day

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I would just move him now. Get whatever you can now. Sitting him isn't helping him or the team. They will get a low return and he'll do well somewhere else. It's sad but thats the position they have put themselves in. I think Brad wants a do over on this. He's messed this up big time. Signing him looks stupider by the day

I'm not sure moving him for whatever you can now is the right move. What if that offer is a 3rd? He's more important as depth right now, than a 3rd is. At last until we find out whether Hakanpaa can play at all, and be useful. If it's part of a package to bring a useful player back, like a McBain, I'm all for it though.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I can't see Liljegren doing anything wherever he goes.

He'll go the way of Travis Dermott and Rasmus Sandin. His fans love him but there's not much there.

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad