Post-Game Talk: HNIC - Leafs WIN the home opener!!!

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If this team can find a way to turn Liljegren into a top 4 right defenseman and also secure a solid third-line center, I truly believe we’ll be a top 4 favorite to win the Stanley Cup. I don’t care what people say—call me delusional if you want—this is our best chance yet. We have depth scoring, strong defense, a good coach, and solid goaltending. This really looks like the year it’s all coming together.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Realistically, you need one big game from your stars every third game, another game where the supporting cast chips in and goaltending and one where you just lose. Three games, that's a 107 point team. You don't need the stars to dominant every game, which is why I never get the criticism like 82 games is their measuring stick. Just dominate 1/3, if you have other pieces, your tops in the league.

This is why I’m letting Marner walk.

Cap casualty. AAV needed for balance.

I invented my own stat, I call it “AAV sitting on the bench for every goal against”. When a goal is scored, you add up the AAV of every player on the bench and then you take the average. The Leafs lead the league “Average AAV doing nothing”.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
to all the stat nerds that dump on reaves.... how do you cope with this? LMAO :laugh:

Reaves leads all the Leafs btw ;)

GZvHgo0WQAs1Uxl
It's so funny, the team has LIVED in their end every shift he's on the ice. Never even a cup of coffee in our end and people are still criticizing the guy. D men are coughing up the puck with blind passes up the wall when he comes bearing down on them, he's winning pucks, making smart little plays, it's great to see. Is he better than McMann in the lineup, nobody says he is, but f*** me the guy is doing a great job out there and is exactly how a fourth line should operate, heavy forecheck, dominate down low, control play. His detractors are moronic imo, get over the fighting part. The above numbers aren't a mirage, he's been that effective so far. Good.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
which makes it harder to watch Timmons play over you every game.
if Lilly impressed in the preseason he'd be playing, he's made his bed, now he'll have to wait until he gets another chance. Both guys are bad, but at least Timmins is paid less...........

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
How was the mood in the building?
Did the expected booing get out of control?

The second loudest cheer of the night was when 16 was introduced. I thought the mood seemed pretty good but it’s always better up high I’ve found. Second period on especially was a lot of fun to be there for live.

When Marner got first star the building erupted!

On a side note since I’ve bought your seats a few time I think the guy one row behind on the aisle must also be a season ticket holder and a commentator in training lol nobody missed a moment of the action with him there 😂 I remembered him from last time

Noticeably quiet and somewhat boring for a Saturday night. It has to be one of the worst atmosphere in the NHL.
It was great up in the 500s where we were sitting.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The second loudest cheer of the night was when 16 was introduced. I thought the mood seemed pretty good but it’s always better up high I’ve found. Second period on especially was a lot of fun to be there for live.

On a side note since I’ve bought your seats a few time I think the guy one row behind on the aisle must also be a season ticket holder and a commentator in training lol nobody missed a moment of the action with him there 😂 I remembered him from last time

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, wish I didn’t have to miss it. Have to miss the Steelers today too. The sacrifices I make for my wife :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: bax

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

It’s very quiet on tv. Compared to other stadiums and sporting events it’s not a great atmosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad