HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Six

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Which team was Nut Upstrom?

I'm just going to randomize the two teams and you both get what you get. I see that as more fair then letting one pick before the other.
Had this scenario in another fantasy league of mine recently. We found a way to make it even more fair while also adding a little fun: combine the two rosters and have the two managers draft their keepers from that pool. That is, if the new managers care to, and if we're willing to manage the process (I'm happy to assist).

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I was going to suggest that too of they wanted to.

I was also having a hard time remembering which roster was managed by @Nut Upstrom previously. What was your team name?

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I was going to suggest that too of they wanted to.

I was also having a hard time remembering which roster was managed by @Nut Upstrom previously. What was your team name?

It must be either Quixote or Ypsi Bitsy Spiders, right? I think the other 8 managers/teams are known/obvious.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah don't even know who Ypsi Bitsy is, I feel like someone probably wouldn't change their team name if they weren't hanging around though.

Reactions: Electric Eric

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
In that case, comparing the two available teams, whoa, one has a much better keeper pool than the other. One has 8 legit, good young-ish keepers and the other has.... 3.5?

Reactions: Sparty

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I just had a look on the Yahoo website and there was an option to "renew" the league. I just clicked on that, so hopefully you can see your team now.

For the two outgoing owners ( @Hammettf2b and @Nut Upstrom ), you probably just got an email to renew your team or something, I'm about to reassign to these two owners so just ignore it.

@Martin Elz

You're in. I'll send you an invite to assume one of the available teams.

@saska sault

You're in. Please give me your address, either through PM or just on here.

I'm just going to randomize the two teams and you both get what you get. I see that as more fair then letting one pick before the other.

Sent PM

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
In that case, comparing the two available teams, whoa, one has a much better keeper pool than the other. One has 8 legit, good young-ish keepers and the other has.... 3.5?
Yeah Quixote I think just played one or two years with us. I think that team has had a fair amount of turnover.

I can put the rosters out there and you two can draft your teams in this thread if you're up for that. Just alternate picks after we determine who has the first pick.

Are you both good with that or do you want to roll the dice on the rosters as is? @Martin Elz @saska sault

Actually Jaster I don't know what you're talking about, I'd happily trade my roster for either of these, lol

Martin Elz

Jun 17, 2009
Ängelholm
Not knowing the rosters or draft position, I kind of feel like it would be a shame breaking up a young welldrafted team that would soon be in contention.

If i had a choice between the good young team and the team I imagine finished lower in the standings, I'd rather have the "worse" team. I don't mind going into the season as a bit of an underdog.

That all said, it's up to you to decide, if its a draft i'm down for that too.

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Yeah Quixote I think just played one or two years with us. I think that team has had a fair amount of turnover.

I can put the rosters out there and you two can draft your teams in this thread if you're up for that. Just alternate picks after we determine who has the first pick.

Are you both good with that or do you want to roll the dice on the rosters as is? @Martin Elz @saska sault

Actually Jaster I don't know what you're talking about, I'd happily trade my roster for either of these, lol

Is there a way to see the roster before decision? I am pretty easy either way and can roll with the punches for taking over if the other party wants to keep it simple.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I don't know why the one guy went goalie crazy, but here's the two rosters (add John Gibson to the roster w/Pastrnak, but I doubt anyone would be keeping him):

1725467409065.png
1725467472385.png

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I think the Matthews roster has 8 great keepers on it, might trade my team for that one too. But the Pasta roster... I struggle to pick 8 guys I really like. A lot of the "good" players on that roster are old haha.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I think the Matthews roster has 8 great keepers on it, might trade my team for that one too. But the Pasta roster... I struggle to pick 8 guys I really like. A lot of the "good" players on that roster are old haha.
Yeah I guess it just speaks a lot more to the quality of my roster, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'm glad to see my team still semi together and finally paying off lol. I went hard core full rebuild at the very beginning and kept waiting for it to hit. Sad I just ran out of time for fantasy hockey.

Good luck to ya'll this year. Hope you have a blast~!

Reactions: Sparty and jaster

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Alright, it sounds like both of you are wanting to keep these rosters together. I just did a coin flip and you can both log in to see which rosters you get after your invites come. You should get them soon.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Alright, invites were sent.

I'm about to put a bow on this thread and I'll start the new one later this week. After our two new owners have taken over their teams, I'm going to start a new thread and I should create a crosswalk again this year so everyone knows which poster here manages each team. That's not always evident just from looking at the team names.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Alright, invites were sent.

I'm about to put a bow on this thread and I'll start the new one later this week. After our two new owners have taken over their teams, I'm going to start a new thread and I should create a crosswalk again this year so everyone knows which poster here manages each team. That's not always evident just from looking at the team names.
It does get pretty confusing, especially since I'm Winger98 in the league, and @Winger98 is Jasteroids.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparty

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Sorry busy day , I'm all signed up now I believe. Look forward to learning the league! I just recently lost a keeper baseball league ... had Ohtani since he was pre MLB... won back to back championships and the league folded... this will mend my broken heart.

What is the best use people find for using Yahoo. I'm unfamiliar with it. Browser or app?

Martin Elz

Jun 17, 2009
Ängelholm
Sorry busy day , I'm all signed up now I believe. Look forward to learning the league! I just recently lost a keeper baseball league ... had Ohtani since he was pre MLB... won back to back championships and the league folded... this will mend my broken heart.

What is the best use people find for using Yahoo. I'm unfamiliar with it. Browser or app?
Right now browser I think. I'm commishioner in another league and they can't view their teams in the app. But browser seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad