Prospect Info: HFWild Prospect Ranking #22

Who is Minnesota's #22 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Would be interesting to know where Beckman would have landed if he wasn't traded, especially compared to Clarke.

They're from the same draft class and Clarke has been a bit more productive in the AHL so far.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Would be interesting to know where Beckman would have landed if he wasn't traded, especially compared to Clarke.

They're from the same draft class and Clarke has been a bit more productive in the AHL so far.
Yeah, I didn't know how to rate Clarke at all just from not much familiarity. But I could see him being in contention for the team even in training camp based on how they acquired him. I considered him far earlier in this list, but still have guys I know a bit more about that I still like the upside in.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Going Clarke based on Ahl production. Didn't notice his name there and would have went Masters otherwise.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

For me, Beckman would have been pretty low, lower than this. I don't have high hopes for his NHL future anymore, though I certainly wish him well. It appears Clarke hasn't been given a real chance in the NHL yet, but is also 23 already. That, and unfamiliarity, leaves me not knowing how to rank him.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Watching the NHL playoffs you still hear the league's talking heads referencing plus-minus as a measure of a player's performance. I note that Kalem Parker went from a -44 on a bad team to a +21 on a good team. Regardless, I think he's a prospect of note.

With him, Soini, Pionk, and some legit AHL players not even ranked.. safe to say the farm is in decent shape.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Watching the NHL playoffs you still hear the league's talking heads referencing plus-minus as a measure of a player's performance. I note that Kalem Parker went from a -44 on a bad team to a +21 on a good team. Regardless, I think he's a prospect of note.

With him, Soini, Pionk, and some legit AHL players not even ranked.. safe to say the farm is in decent shape.
Yeah, really. The plus minus is a useless stat. I tracked Brodin's, and he went from being tops on the team, to near the bottom, often in alternating years.

In the brief amount I watched Parker playing with Moose Jaw, he looked like a very solid, good skating RHD. He played top pairing with Mateychuk, often in a support role, but definitely had some puck skills. Listed as 6', but a solid 190+.

At this point he's just one more lottery ticket, but I wouldn't bet against him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad