HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 (Now Up: Nucker101 - 8:45 AM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Looks like I might need to switch my choice. Someone wasn't paying attention to my choice :P

Slot me in for our brothers in the sun the Panthers :)

Wush

Nov 18, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
I'd take the
StLouis_Blues.png

Thanks

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Forwards
Goal/Assist: 4 points
SH Point: 2 points
PIM: 0.5 points per minute
Hattrick: 2 points
SO Winning Goal: 1 point

Defense
Goal/Assist: 5 points

Goaltenders
Win: 10 points
OTL: 5 points
SO: 10 points
Goal/Assist: 10 points
PIM: 0.5 point per minute

Thoughts? Too simple? Not simple enough?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Forwards
Goal/Assist: 4 points

Defense
Goal/Assist: 5 points

Goaltenders

Thoughts? Too simple? Not simple enough?

Perfect

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Forwards
Goal: 4 points
Assist: 3 points

Defense
Goal: 6 points
Assist: 5 points

Goaltenders
This would be my preference. Or something similar.

Reward goals over assists.
Defensive points over top forwards (slightly)

Shootout winning goal is a dumb stat imo but if ppl want it then cool.

Goalie stats looks good to me as is.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'd want to plug those numbers into some teams to double check, but consider we've taken away a number of offensive categories I still think PIM should be dropped to 0.25 instead of 0.50.

I'm just not really a fan of PIM's as a stat category though, especially if it's the only non-point related stat. Would rather have hits/blocks/takeaways/etc.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I'd want to plug those numbers into some teams to double check, but consider we've taken away a number of offensive categories I still think PIM should be dropped to 0.25 instead of 0.50.

I'm just not really a fan of PIM's as a stat category though, especially if it's the only non-point related stat. Would rather have hits/blocks/takeaways/etc.

If it doesn't take too long, could you try it with both mine and Vanilla's structures? The last time you did it was really helpful.

edit: Just remembered a made a little web app for one of my classes and it could come in handy here. It's a bit limited but I'll see what I can do.

Using 4 points for goals/assists for forwards, 5 points for goals/assists for defensemen, and ignoring everything else, here would be the top-25 point getters in 2015/16:
dd9bd3048340fa528c0697d0a1e64aa9.png

https://i.gyazo.com/dd9bd3048340fa528c0697d0a1e64aa9.png

And using Vanilla's structure:
d672df76e48f1cf3cd522f818363e173.png

https://i.gyazo.com/d672df76e48f1cf3cd522f818363e173.png

Seems like the first one favours goalies too much and the other favours defensemen (without accounting for stats like PIMs, blocks, hits, etc.).

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If it doesn't take too long, could you try it with both mine and Vanilla's structures? The last time you did it was really helpful.

All I did was take the NHL.com team stats page, copy and paste it into excel, then create the formulas. Easy to do for a team or two but a pain to build it for the whole league.

Anyways one other thing I wanted to bring up, these being a 31 team league is there going to be any rules in place for selecting goalies? Where maybe a few teams take a Holtby/Talbot like combo in net so a few teams are left with nothing but backups to choose from.

Of course you want to be careful being too protective too. Be too restrictive with a 1 starter per team rule and a few genius will wait till the last few rounds to take grab the leftovers like Miller/Smith/Ward.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
All I did was take the NHL.com team stats page, copy and paste it into excel, then create the formulas. Easy to do for a team or two but a pain to build it for the whole league.

Anyways one other thing I wanted to bring up, these being a 31 team league is there going to be any rules in place for selecting goalies? Where maybe a few teams take a Holtby/Talbot like combo in net so a few teams are left with nothing but backups to choose from.

Of course you want to be careful being too protective too. Be too restrictive with a 1 starter per team rule and a few genius will wait till the last few rounds to take grab the leftovers like Miller/Smith/Ward.

You'll only be allowed one starting goalie. So there will not be any Price/Holtby tandems. Ever. We will create a list of the starters in the league, but that is fairly common sense as it is.

Teams can take Smith etc all they want, but I'll take Price over them any day. The longterm benefits way before the short term. But every person is different.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
You'll only be allowed one starting goalie. So there will not be any Price/Holtby tandems. Ever. We will create a list of the starters in the league, but that is fairly common sense as it is.

Teams can take Smith etc all they want, but I'll take Price over them any day. The longterm benefits way before the short term. But every person is different.

Why not just say you can only take 1 goalie in the first 5 rounds. I doubt anyone can correctly predict next years starters.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Now that we have our 31 teams filled, we just need to sort out the scoring structure and maybe a few other smaller rules before we can start with the draft.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Looks like both of those previous scoring structures arent quite ideal. But a few tweaks shouldnt be too hard to come up with something agreeable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad