Prospect Info: HFSJ '22 Draft: Mattias Havelid (D) - Linkoping/SHL (Round 2, 45th overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
"He can skate away from situations with pure speed but he skates with strong lower body balance and shows strong control even when he is checked hard by the opponents. He also skates with ease and does not need to use much energy to keep up with the pace of the game. He can play relaxed with his head up trying to find the right play. Mattias is solid with the puck. He plays simple when the situation demands it. His passing is elite, he is calm with the puck and makes a good play almost every time he has the puck. The hard and precise." - EliteProspects excerpt

A smooth-skating offensive D-man that has a great shot to boot? Sign me up.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Defenceman Mattias Havelid was a dynamic scorer for the Swedish National Junior Teams this year. He started his draft year by helping the Swedish team win a bronze medal at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup. In five games he scored two goals and seven assists for nine points. That led the tournament in assists. To cap the season, he was even better at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. Havelid scored four goals and eight assists for 12 points in six games. He led all defencemen in the tournament in goals, assists and points. Havelid helped Sweden to the gold medal and was named a top-three player on his team. He was also named to the Swedish team for the World Juniors but didn’t play any games before the tournament was cancelled/postponed.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
His skillset does remind me of a Karlsson/Makar-esque player. Some of those snap shots in the U18 tournament were nasty.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018

A consistently low, precise, hard, quickly released wrist shot is the most dangerous shot in hockey. For my money at least. Havelid could have the best wrist shot of d men in the draft. Skates very well also.

I really have come around on this pick. Best friends with Bystedt and idolizes EK65 are also helpful ties to him wanting to be in SJ. I hope we invite his twin brother to camp.

My top pick of the draft. I think he's got a real chance.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
In the long run earning a full-time spot on an SHL team before turning 19 is much better than glorified summer tournament with a lot of the best players opting out.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad