Line Combos: HFPens Decides 24-25 Version - Rust

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which center do you want Rust to play with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
With less than a month until the first day of regular season, I figured I may as well start this Polling topic again. I think it's been 3 or 4 seasons since we did this.

First up, which of Crosby or Malkin do you want Rust to be playing with?

I'll likely post the first defense poll tomorrow.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Whatever line our glorious leader deems appropriate

rust2.png

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rakell has always played better with Sid and Rust plays just as well with either but Sid wants Rust on his line so that’s what will happen

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This, with the caveat that someone in camp might have an outside shot to beat out DOC.
The only guy I could see doing so is if Beauvillier has a huge camp and impresses the coaching staff with his hustle. He's got the speed to play the way Sid likes to and has shown in the past he has decent hands (Dupuis version 2.0).

What will ultimately hold him back is his inconsistency and he's not as good defensively as a guy like Dupuis to compensate for when the offense is lacking.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The only guy I could see doing so is if Beauvillier has a huge camp and impresses the coaching staff with his hustle. He's got the speed to play the way Sid likes to and has shown in the past he has decent hands (Dupuis version 2.0).

What will ultimately hold him back is his inconsistency and he's not as good defensively as a guy like Dupuis to compensate for when the offense is lacking.

I’m 100% expected Beauvillier with Sid and if he is I bet he puts up like 22 goals and 55 points.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Good shout, Beauvillier is who I had in mind as well. He’s elevated his play to a top 6 level before and is still young, maybe he could return to that level again with some guidance from Sid.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
DOC - Sid - Rust ticks a lot of boxes. Sid likes speed. Has some chemistry with both. DOC can be the puck retrieval and net-front guy. His size balances out the other 2s lack there of. Adds a little youthful exuberance as well.

Bunting - Malkin - Rakell makes sense for similar reasons. Bunting the pot stirrer and net-front guy, Rakell the more perimeter guy and shooter and Malkin’s Malkin. It’s just got a weakness in foot speed. But they all move the puck well and quickly so as long as they’re possessing and staying in the offensive zone it might not be an issue.

I think Beauvillier and/or Lizotte are paired with Hayes because he’s genuinely painfully slow. And McGroarty with Eller and Glass I guess.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Rust is, somewhat sadly, their defacto best wing right now. Therefore I would put him with Crosby so at least you have ONE line that can maybe sorta kinda do something every few shifts. Malkin is past "helping" short of a top tier talent. Which this team does not have. So you make the best with what you got. You also just have to be realistic.. it is what the team will be doing, anyway.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I voted the inevitable.

DOC/McG-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell

Outside of 1LW which is determined in camp/PS, I think the top 6 is pretty well set.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The poll is what you WANT to see. Not what you expect to see.

(while trying to keep it semi-realistic...)
Fair, but at the same time, I do think it's best for Sid to have a good, reliable wing like Rust until we see what the 1LW position is like.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Good shout, Beauvillier is who I had in mind as well. He’s elevated his play to a top 6 level before and is still young, maybe he could return to that level again with some guidance from Sid.
I just remember when he first broke out with the Islanders, he impressed me with his tenacious style and speed. And while he was never a natural finisher, he had decent enough hands to take advantage of the breakaways he got.

He's got to find that tenacious style every game in order to stick with Sid. If he can, he's probably got the capability of 25 goals on that line while being the line's "puck hound" on the forecheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad