Line Combos: HFPens Decides 24-25 Version - Letang's Partner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want as Letang's partner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pettersson with Karlsson won the last poll (83.3%)

This poll is asking you who you want to see as Letang's partner given MP is with EK.

I've included LDs that have NHL contracts and have NHL experience. Jack St. Ivany not included as I believe he is purely RD.

Current lineup as voted by HFPens:

??? - Crosby - ???
??? - Malkin - Rust
??? - ??? - ???
??? - ??? - ???

Pettersson - Karlsson
?? - Letang
?? - ??

?
?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I want Graves to be good enough to be the guy because that’s what we’re paying him for…doesn’t mean I think he’ll do it lol…also, people want to see a steady defensive presence player next to Letang and that’s not Graves strong suit, but people have this backwards…at his age, Letang needs to be the defensive presence on his pair and he’s actually much better defensively at this point than he is the high flying offensive player tbh…gets into more trouble being the latter…like to see him pinch less and let Graves use his offensive chops more and that pairing might work if Graves gets his shit together lol

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Grzelcyk makes the most sense, he's fast, good in his end, can also help with the transition game and more importantly he's good at skating the puck out of trouble which he will need to do basically every damn shift with this defensive structure. He's kind of like Goligoski without the offense (although not by much) and smaller. His best usage in Boston was with McAvoy and Shattenkirk, so I think even Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb will see that as a good fit with Letang.

Pettersson, Karlsson
Grzelcyk, Letang
Graves, St Ivany
Clurman

That's how I hope it shakes out.

That third pair to me is going to be interesting, I really hope Jack St Ivany has an insane camp because he's the best partner for Graves, I don't see Aho or Ludvig working out well with him at all and especially being lefties on the right side. I think Clurman could be intriguing as well, he is older at 26, but he is a shutdown defenseman type and a right handed shot, good size too at 6'2" and skates very well, I could see him as someone that could challenge players like Ludvig, Shea, and Aho in camp. The best compliment to Graves is a smarter defensive defenseman like St Ivany was, Graves isn't the shutdown type Sullivan thinks he is and his deployment was awful and that translated to his game looking even worse, until later in the season when he was with St Ivany for a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad