HFJets tribute... celebrating the fans of this forum...

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have not posted anything since the game our Jets were eliminated...

I am not here to make any statements re: the Jets, hockey per say, nor argue, not to blame, not to say what should be done or shouldn't be done...

I am here to thank all of HFJets for a fantastic year... We were awesome...

It helped that the Jets got 110 points in the regular season... but it was far from perfect... and the daggers came out at times on this Forum...

But we had so much fun...

I salute all the HFJets participants and lurkers... you are all champions...

This is the best Forum on Hockeysfuture...

Talk to you all later... I leave you all with an inspirational tune...

P.S. If you want to contribute something positive in this thread... feel free... add to My thoughts... carry on and keep living well all...

:clap:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
200.gif

f5923f60ac7c9923199c6f1fc56a12d9.jpg

If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our fan base loss; and if to live,
The fewer fans, the greater share of honour.
Jetted will! I pray thee, wish not one fan more.
Yo, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth chug popcorn upon my cost;
It yearns me not if fans my cilantro pocket;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet wins,
I am the most offending soul alive.
Nay, my HF peers, wish not a denizen from The Peg
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one Jets fan more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, ye HF Jetsters, through my host,
That ye which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let them depart; their passport shall be made,
And Loonies for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that swine's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the Jets season.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of St. Ducky.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Ducky's Day!"

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
200.gif

f5923f60ac7c9923199c6f1fc56a12d9.jpg

If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our fan base loss; and if to live,
The fewer fans, the greater share of honour.
Jetted will! I pray thee, wish not one fan more.
Yo, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth chug popcorn upon my cost;
It yearns me not if fans my cilantro pocket;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet wins,
I am the most offending soul alive.
Nay, my HF peers, wish not a denizen from The Peg
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one Jets fan more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, ye HF Jetsters, through my host,
That ye which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let them depart; their passport shall be made,
And Loonies for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that swine's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the Jets season.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of St. Ducky.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Ducky's Day!"

One of many great soliloquies Kan'... your best in My opinion...

Thank you for your contribution...

:towel:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yes it was a fun year mostly until a misunderstanding got taken way too far, the Dude is here for the Jets and the great posters . Our playoffs went like this unfortunately...
I think we all could use a hug .:naughty:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Found HFBoards glitchy and at times unusable since almost midway through the season, had issues with it last season as well when trying to post, no problems prior in the dozen years I had been here!

If trying to post continues to be as frustrating next season as it it is now I’m done!

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Found HFBoards glitchy and at times unusable since almost midway through the season, had issues with it last season as well when trying to post, no problems prior in the dozen years I had been here!

If trying to post continues to be as frustrating next season as it it is now I’m done!
Someone gift Sip a sponsorship. :laugh:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

For old Sip, this qualifies as a positive post, per Agar's instructions.

It has been a fun year, right up until the abrupt crash and burn. I hope we do better next year. I hope I'm around to see it.

Now the long summer of our soaring hope begins.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Someday I’ll be a big boy.
Any idiot can reach 10,000 posts. I could probably do it myself if I live long enough. All you have to do is shout Go Jets Go about 20 times a day on a thread and you'll be at 10K in no time.

A better measure maybe is likes. Some guys have more posts than likes. Some guys get way more likes than they post. Maybe we need to look at ratio or something. Wolfie gets 1.5 likes for each post but @macmaroon is running about 4 likes per post.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Any idiot can reach 10,000 posts. I could probably do it myself if I live long enough. All you have to do is shout Go Jets Go about 20 times a day on a thread and you'll be at 10K in no time.

A better measure maybe is likes. Some guys have more posts than likes. Some guys get way more likes than they post. Maybe we need to look at ratio or something. Wolfie gets 1.5 likes for each post but @macmaroon is running about 4 likes per post.
@Stumbledore, I go quality vs. quantity...:thumbu:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022

I don't think getting likes on HFJets is any more meaningful than on FB. It certainly not a reflection of hockey knowledge.

I've got a ratio of more than 4:1 and everybody dumps on me for being off-topic. The most knowledgeable guys in here run about 2:1 and then there's The Dude who gets about 3:1 because of all the bouncing flesh videos.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't think getting likes on HFJets is any more meaningful than on FB. It certainly not a reflection of hockey knowledge.

I've got a ratio of more than 4:1 and everybody dumps on me for being off-topic. The most knowledgeable guys in here run about 2:1 and then there's The Dude who gets about 3:1 because of all the bouncing flesh videos.
Very true but once in a while i do post something funny.:laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

This is because 'Likes' were only added to HFBoards a few years ago. I wanna say around ~2018 but not 100% sure on that. Many posters who had been around here before that may already have had 5-10k posts before 'Likes' were even introduced so generally posters who joined in the last few years will most likely have a better like-ratio than those who were around in the pre-Like era. But yes for someone like @macmaroon to have a 4x likes to post ratio while being a member since the pre-like era is impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad