HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

• F.Lysell - BOS

• Y.Chinakhov - CLB

• K.Guhle - MTL

• D.Farrance - NSH

• B.Schneider - NYR

• F.Svechkov - NSH

• B.Faber - LAK

• M.Coronato - CGY

• G.Denisenko - FLA

• C.York - PHI

• M.Bourque - DAL

• A.Alexeyev - WSH

• S.Mukhamadullin - NJD

• J.Jenik - ARI

• R.Kupari - LAK

• H.Lapierre - WSH

• PO Joseph - PIT

• A.Formenton - OTT

• M.Frost - PHI

• I.Morozov - VGK

• C.Lucius - WPG

• J.Barron- COL

• N.Beaudin - CHI

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Bouchard is someone who would rise the ranks. He just missed out on being a rookie because of 7 NHL games he played 2 years ago. If he were a "rookie" he'd rank 2nd in ice time, 1st in dmen goals, 2nd dmen points. Playing 1st unit PK + top pairing in his 1st real season, he's been one of the few bright spots for the Oilers this year.

Jarvis would absolutely rise from his #31 spot, he cracked a very competitive top 6 in Carolina and has been producing once he got settled.

Several of the guys in the 40s I think would rise- Sillinger, Mercer, Quinn weren't sexy names in the offseason but they've done more than a lot of the guys ranked above them.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Peterka continuing to play well also, great pick for the 2nd round.

sabres' future looks pretty bright. probably good for them to grab a quality goalie to pair
with the young guys coming in, but there's a lot of nice pieces.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
midseason bump.

5 guys you'd add to this list now?

5 guys you'd take off?

biggest riser & biggest drop?
Biggest drops (assuming they still have their prospect status) would be Caufield and Lundkvist. Probably Kravtsov, Broberg and Turcotte as well..

Risers would be Hughes, Edvinsson, Johnson, McTavish and maybe Quinn.

Reactions: neelynugs

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
midseason bump.

5 guys you'd add to this list now?

5 guys you'd take off?

biggest riser & biggest drop?

- Jack Quinn should be in Caufield's spot but outside of that, the top-14 doesn't look too bad, would just need a re-arrangement. Add McTavish, re-rank and you have a top-15? Oh and Edvinsson, Mercer...

- From the Sens, Alex Formenton received the 8th highest amount of votes for that 50th spot but maybe he should have been voted already (I voted Lysell)

Since December 2nd : 14 GP 5 G 8 A 13 Pts +7

Formenton also helped Stutzle settle at Center and Tim's game has evolved since then, particularly defensively (but he has 5 goals 10 pts in 13 games since that date). Formenton with his elite speed is developing in quite the player. A part of his game that has been very underrated for long is playmaking. It was my first observation watching him live at the 2018 rookie camp.

- I have also tried to push for Ridly Greig in these polls but it was ignored for some reason. Since Formenton and Brannstrom are graduating this season, Greig is now #3 for Ottawa after Sanderson and Pinto. Those 3 are easily top-50 prospects IMO.

After that, you have several more good prospects (like JBD, Sogaard, Jarventie, Sokolov, Thomson, etc) but none are top-50 worthy. They really missed out on adding another top-50 prospect last draft by selecting Tyler Boucher. Many Sens fans still don't like/understand that pick

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
This list just goes to show you how fluid prospect development is. These rankings are already misplaced.
its normal when youre ranking 50 teenagers with about 2-3 years or junior experience and maybe 1 year AHL.

if we were to redo the list now, it would probably change just as much in another 6+ months

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
if I were to redo the top 20 with the same players Id say:

Zergas
Seider
Raymond
Power
Lundell
Boldy
Quinn
Sanderson
Byram
L.Hughes

Byfield
Beniers
Drysdale
Rossi
Jarvis
Perfetti
Mercer
Holtz
Edvinsson
McTavish

Last edited:
Reactions: neelynugs

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
its normal when youre ranking 50 teenagers with about 2-3 years or junior experience and maybe 1 year AHL.

if we were to redo the list now, it would probably change just as much in another 6+ months

I think these polls would be more suitable to be published every off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad