HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #46 (closed)

• Conor Geekie - C

• Oliver Bonk - D

• Cole Eiserman - RW

• Oliver Moore - C

• Daniil But - LW

• Adam Jiricek - D (STL)

• Mackie Samoskevich - RW

• Carson Rehkopf - C

• Seamus Casey - D

• Trevor Connelly - LW

• Jimmy Snuggerud - RW

• Liam Ohgren - LW

• Logan Mailloux - D

• Fabian Lysell - RW

• Gavin Brindley - C

• Josh Doan - RW

• Shakir Mukhamadullin - D

• Zachary Bolduc - C

• Bradly Nadeau - LW

• Joakim Kemell - RW

• Theo Lindstein - D

• Matthew Wood - RW

• Joshua Roy - RW

• Brennan Othmann - LW

• Andrew Cristall - LW

• Stian Solberg - D

• Marco Kasper - C

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I will never pretend to be an expert on guys like Zellwegger

I do not get a chance to watch vast amounts of film on a lot of guys, and a lot of very helpful statistical info is not there for a lot of lower levels (or is paywall blocked).

I have watched a lot of the guys the devils draft for obvious reasons, as well as a lot of knights hockey.

And my conclusion, with however much bias is in there for an NJD prospect, is that Casey and Bonk over Mailloux, with Sam Dickinson levels ahead of all 3.
ok I dont doubt it... and Im not saying Mailloux is now automatically ahead of both because hes the only AHL proven guy, but fact of the matter is that he did do very well at the AHL level last year. Maybe he developed a part of of his game last season in Laval that he lacked in London. I dont know, I didnt watch enough of Mailloux. Time will tell.

I did laugh. I must admit.

• Love
Reactions: dgibb10 and Xirik

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
ok I dont doubt it... and Im not saying Mailloux is now automatically ahead of both because hes the only AHL proven guy, but fact of the matter is that he did do very well at the AHL level last year. Maybe he developed a part of of his game last season in Laval that he lacked in London. I dont know, I didnt watch enough of Mailloux. Time will tell.

I did laugh. I must admit.
100%. At the end of the day, tiers of player is more important than any individual debate since all these players are so early in their development.

And all 3 are in the same tier of prospect.

Reactions: amnesiac

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Habs fans do the same thing every year , they split their vote and their guys keep getting pushed down

@Bouboumaster

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like any combination of
Snuggarud
Eiserman
Casey
Solberg
Jiricek

In last 4 spots

Could prob convince me of nadeau, but and kasper… cristall is also interesting one

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Weird that Savoie was outplayed by his younger teammate in Firkus but went ahead of him but whatever, we all make poor choices sometimes.
Drouin outproduced MacKinnon in junior. There’s a whole lot more to prospects than who scored more

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Drouin outproduced MacKinnon in junior. There’s a whole lot more to prospects than who scored more

Indeed. One thing he didn't do though was outplay MacKinnon, at least not from what I remember. Despite playing together, McKinnon was still pretty decisively the first overall. Despite playing with Firkus, Savoie was outplayed by Calvert and bumped to the second line where Kovacevic was the play driver for him.

I don't have Firkus as a top 50 for me, to me he's just outside this tier. Savoie though is a tier behind the next one though, he's not going to be a top 6 at the next level and is going to struggle to find his role, he doesn't have the skills of a bottom 6er and isn't good enough to be a top 6er.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I have no problem with that opinion.... On the other hand, Mailloux did prove to be a very high scoring Dman (3rd) in the AHL, in his rookie season no less. I think that proves a whole hell of a lot.

Kid is also 6'3 220 lbs..... Defensive woes can be improved. I mean, whats not to like here?

A much smaller Zellweger went 25th in this ranking as a purely offensive Dman who proved himself in the AHL too.

This is really the thing...like...Zellweger went really high, too high even imo...because he's shown that he can hang in the NHL. In an absolutely tiny sample. So there's that.

But gimme the highly productive, much bigger version every single day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Neither is a defensive stalwart...but one of them has that "size you cannot teach". That's a huge difference imo.

Of course, i say that...as i continue to vote for a 5'11" Center. But Oliver Moore has the sort of elite skating that you also can't really "teach" at that stage of development. His skating will still be elite at the NHL level and that's hugely important in today's NHL. Heck...Savoie went way too high in this, and is a guy who is more or less the "floor" for Moore imo. As a really fast 3rd line Center or complementary Top-6 Winger. The "Ceiling" is a lot higher.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
This is really the thing...like...Zellweger went really high, too high even imo...because he's shown that he can hang in the NHL. In an absolutely tiny sample. So there's that.

But gimme the highly productive, much bigger version every single day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Neither is a defensive stalwart...but one of them has that "size you cannot teach". That's a huge difference imo.

Of course, i say that...as i continue to vote for a 5'11" Center. But Oliver Moore has the sort of elite skating that you also can't really "teach" at that stage of development. His skating will still be elite at the NHL level and that's hugely important in today's NHL. Heck...Savoie went way too high in this, and is a guy who is more or less the "floor" for Moore imo. As a really fast 3rd line Center or complementary Top-6 Winger. The "Ceiling" is a lot higher.
There's a smaller player that went before Zellwegar. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad