HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #33 (closed)

• Conor Geekie - C

• Oliver Bonk - D

• Cole Eiserman - RW

• Trevor Connelly - LW

• Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW

• Adam Jiricek - D (STL)

• Brayden Yager - C

• Joakim Kemell - RW

• Josh Doan - RW

• Michael Brandsegg-Nygard - RW

• Jimmy Snuggerud - RW

• Mavrik Bourque - C

• Dalibor Dvorsky - C

• Tristan Luneau - D

• Konsta Helenius - C

• Easton Cowan - RW

• Mackie Samoskevich - RW

• Logan Mailloux - D

• Matt Savoie - C

• Brad Lambert - C/W

• Tanner Molendyk - D

• Bradly Nadeau - LW

• Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D

• Callum Ritchie - C

• Frank Nazar - C

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Macklin Celebrini - C:sharks18. Tij Iginla - C/W
1722829656502.png
2. Matvei Michkov - RW:flyers19. Sam Dickinson - D:sharks36.
3. Ivan Demidov - RW:habs20. David Reinbacher - D:habs37.
4. Will Smith - C:sharks21. Zayne Parekh - D:flames38.
5. Alexander Nikishin - D:canes22. Berkly Catton - C:seattle39.
6. Cutter Gauthier - C
1722829693877.png
23. Gabe Perreault - RW:rangers40.
7. Artyom Levshunov - D:hawks24. Jiri Kulich - C/W:sabres41.
8. Cayden Lindstrom - C/W:cbj25. Olen Zellweger - D
1722829724655.png
9. Ryan Leonard - LW:caps26. Denton Mateychuk - D:cbj43.
10. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings27. Rutger McGroarty - RW:jets44.
11. Zeev Buium - D:wild28. Nate Danielson - C:wings45.
12. Brandt Clarke - D
1722829790268.png
29. Dmitri Simashev - D
1722829671319.png
13. Danila Yurov - C/W:wild30. Carter Yakemchuk - D:sens47.
14. Lane Hutson - D:habs31. Quintin Musty- LW:sharks48.
15. Shane Wright - C:seattle32. Tom Willander- D:nucks49.
16. Beckett Sennecke - RW
1722829750093.png
17. Anton Silayev - D:devils34.

To add:
Noah Oslund - C
Matthew Wood - RW
Joshua Roy - RW
Marco Kasper - C
Daniil But - LW
Liam Ohgren - LW
Oliver Moore - C
Jagger Firkus - RW
Michael Hage - C
Sacha Boisvert - C
Liam Greentree - LW
Colby Barlow - LW
Ville Koivunen - C/W
Jani Nyman - RW
Carson Rehkopf - C
Andrew Cristall - LW
Gavin Brindley - C
Zachary Bolduc - C
Brennan Othmann - LW
Jordan Dumais - RW
Riley Heidt - C/W
Marat Khusnutdinov - C
Ivan Miroshnichenko - LW
Stian Solberg - D
Ethan Del Mastro - D
Scott Morrow - D
Shakir Mukhamadullin - D
Theo Lindstein - D
Maveric Lamoureux - D
Seamus Casey - D
Hunter Brzustewicz - D

Past lists:
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 (closed) (summer 23)
HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 22)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 21)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 20-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 19)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 18)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #48 (summer 17)

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Ritchie wraps up a sort of "cluster" for me here pretty cleanly.

Of the names to add, i'd vote Oliver Moore next. And probably fairly soon, over majority of the names left on the poll tbh.

Reactions: amnesiac

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ritchie wraps up a sort of "cluster" for me here pretty cleanly.

Of the names to add, i'd vote Oliver Moore next. And probably fairly soon, over majority of the names left on the poll tbh.
I took Ritchie as well, as I have always been really high on him and sure Moore over most of the other names to add but I wonder if he will become more than a #3 center type hard to say.

The Black Hawks have several centers in their system vying for that future # 2 center spot and I'm not sure how it will all shake out.

Moore has the most potential though I agree.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I took Ritchie as well, as I have always been really high on him and sure Moore over most of the other names to add but I wonder if he will become more than a #3 center type hard to say.

The Black Hawks have several centers in their system vying for that future # 2 center spot and I'm not sure how it will all shake out.

Moore has the most potential though I agree.

Fair. Moore doesn't have that immediate "sizzle" of ultra high "top line/top pairing" upside. But we're quickly coming up on the point where very few remaining prospects do have that. Most of them hitting that upside at this range, would be seriously outperforming expectations and they probably should've gone earlier in the poll tbh.

Moore still does have really solid upside. He's still extremely quick and fast, which is huge in today's game. And he has a really underrated skillset, plus huge two-way upside. Very easy, plausible Chandler Stephenson --- Matt Lombardi range sort of upside as a solid ($6M) #2C or extremely high end #3C type player. Small upshot beyond that...but that's definitely his weak point in this.

But the realistic floor feels so high to compensate. Feel like his "downside" is probably a Ryan McLeod type player as a super speedy #3C/Top-9 Wing...which is worth what? A Savoie? Who is already getting significant attention at this point in the poll.

Reactions: wetcoast

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Lekkerimaki

-World junior MVP
-SHL best junior player
-Swedish junior hockey player of the year

I don't think players in the CHL playing junior hockey are doing things as impressive as a kid getting awards in major tournaments and playing men's pro hockey. How is Ritchie showing to be a better prospect? Kind of nonsense to me.
Two things you can guarantee in these polls:

- Recency bias
- Overrating junior hockey players vs. guys in pro leagues

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Hutson should not have been on the board yet. Neither should Casey.
I mean, sure, no argument here.

My argument is that the difference between short, slight, offensively gifted defenseman, and short, little less offensively gifted, but stockier, better skating, and better defensively defenseman should probably not be 30-50 places on one of these.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Dvorsky should be in this spot at this point. He play really good in OHL. His profile is a perfect two-way top 6 C. Great shot.

Reactions: Takurcitee

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Again, there shouldn't be this wide of a difference between Zellweger and Luneau.
the difference is Zell proved himself offensively over 44 GP in the AHL, on top of 26 GP in the NHL

Luneau only 13 GP combined between the two

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
same voters voted Lekkerimaki this round.... just to give you an idea

Perhaps add some insight in to the prospect you think should be voted instead of inciting a Canucks vs Oilers war. It's pathetic and it's been brought up before.

Willander is playing top pairing minutes at Boston University. He has elite skating, gap control and defensive awareness. He's probably the closest player to NHL ready on the list remaining and it shouldn't come as a big surprise why he was a popular vote. Willander will likely play a handful of NHL games towards the end of this upcoming season. There's a reason Alvin hasn't committed to another defenseman in free agency and it's because Willander is projecting to be a long term partner for Hughes.

Lekkerimaki played a handful of AHL games to end the season and prior to that he won Swedish junior player of the year, SHL junior MVP, and World Juniors MVP - He had an incredible year. Lekkerimaki has an NHL shot and release, good skating and high offensive IQ. He will need to keep developing his physical game if he is to translate to the NHL and I think it would be fair to say he will need another year in the AHL before we see him play in the NHL.

Every fanbase in the league is more enamored with their own prospects. The reality is that at this point of the vote it is extremely difficult to say who should go where, similarly to how the real NHL draft works as it gets more muddled the further it goes. There is nothing crazy about Willander being voted in, and there is nothing crazy about Lekkerimaki receiving the attention he's getting.

I think Savoie is an excellent prospect and wouldn't be surprised to see him get voted in soon; but the truth is there is nothing about him as a prospect that puts him ahead of the aforementioned. If he was voted ahead of Willander I wouldn't be making it an issue as I see the upside and intrigue - just saying when people say it's 'crazy' Willander got voted in before him, they are being ignorant and using fanbase bias as a smokescreen to the reality that these prospects are all very close.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dvorsky should be in this spot at this point. He play really good in OHL. His profile is a perfect two-way top 6 C. Great shot.
I wouldn’t trade him for anyone left on the board…and quite a few already off the board.

Willander already being off the board and ASP getting significant votes while Theo Lindstein isn't even a voting option is also nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad