HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #2 (closed)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

• Cutter Gauthier - C/W

• Anton Silayev - D

• Cayden Lindstrom - C/W

• Sam Dickinson - D

• Ryan Leonard - LW

• Alexander Nikishin - D

• Ivan Demidov - RW

• Brandt Clarke - D

• Will Smith - C

• Zeev Buium - D

• Matvei Michkov - RW

• Artyom Levshunov - D

• Beckett Sennecke - RW

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Macklin Celebrini - C:sharks18.35.

To add:
Zayne Parekh - D
Simon Edvinsson - D
Tij Iginla - C/W
Matthew Savoie - C
Lane Hutson - D
Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW
Olen Zellweger - D
Dmitri Simashev - D
David Reinbacher - D
Berkly Catton - C
Conor Geekie - C
Gabe Perreault - RW
Rutger McGroarty - RW
Daniil But - LW
Shane Wright - C
Brad Lambert - C/W
Danila Yurov - RW
Jiri Kulich - C/W
Mavrik Bourque - C
Nate Danielson - C
Dalibor Dvorsky - C
Denton Mateychuk - D
Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D
Jimmy Snuggerud - RW
Frank Nazar - C
Carter Yakemchuk - D
Cole Eiserman - RW
Konsta Helenius - C
Trevor Connelly - LW
Tom Willander - D
Marco Kasper - C
Callum Ritchie - C
Joakim Kemell - RW
Joshua Roy - RW
Brayden Yager - C
Quintin Musty - LW
Konsta Helenius - C
Tristan Luneau - D
Logan Mailloux - D
Andrew Cristall - LW
Brennan Othmann - LW
Jagger Firkus - RW
Easton Cowan - RW
Riley Heidt - C/W
Ivan Miroshnichenko - LW
Scott Morrow - D
Oliver Bonk - D
Noah Oslund - C
Josh Doan - RW
Theo Lindstein - D
Seamus Casey - D
Matthew Wood - RW
Zachary Bolduc - C
Mackie Samoskevich - RW
Colby Barlow - LW

Past lists:
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 (closed) (summer 23)
HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 22)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 21)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 20-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 19)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 18)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #48 (summer 17)

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The votes as I write this are 22-6 for Michkov over Demidov. That's fine if that's the way people see it.

But I've encountered this idea frequently on HF that the whole hockey community and scouting community thinks Michkov is much better than Demidov. And that the only reason he tumbled in the draft was because of his KHL contract.

Pronman, who leans Michkov, just wrote a whole article on the Michkov vs Demidov debate and polled scouts on it. They were about evenly split.

Again nothing wrong if you personally prefer Michkov to Demidov. I'm just comparing the balance of HF opinion to what many NHL scouts are saying.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The votes as I write this are 22-6 for Michkov over Demidov. That's fine if that's the way people see it.

But I've encountered this idea frequently on HF that the whole hockey community and scouting community thinks Michkov is much better than Demidov. And that the only reason he tumbled in the draft was because of his KHL contract.

Pronman, who leans Michkov, just wrote a whole article on the Michkov vs Demidov debate and polled scouts on it. They were about evenly split.

Again nothing wrong if you personally prefer Michkov to Demidov. I'm just comparing the balance of HF opinion to what many NHL scouts are saying.

I think the one extra year probably helps him too in this comparison. If they were in the same draft year, it's possible it would be a bit more split.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal

Michkov did prove himself playing against men, and was one of the best ever to do it at age 19. Demidov could very much do the same this season, but until he does....

Reactions: DaveG

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Easily Michkov. Then some combo of Smith, Gauthier, and Nikishin.

These polls will be skewered by big market fans. Hover over the Demidov votes...they're 80% people with Habs logos.
How the hell can you not consider him top 5? Hes was the consensus best talent after Celebrini in this draft, dominated the MHL the same way Michkov, Panarin, and Kaprizov did at age 17/18.

Did you not consider Michkov top 5 last season?

Take a few minutes to look at his highlights and come back.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How the hell can you not consider him top 5? Hes was the consensus best talent after Celebrini in this draft, dominated the MHL the same way Michkov, Panarin, and Kaprizov did at age 17/18.

Did you not consider Michkov top 5 last season?

Take a few minutes to look at his highlights and come back.
I mean you could say that about a lot of players…. Hell watch a sennecke highlight video and you can see why Anaheim took him 3.

I think if Demidov had some sort of KHL stat to help back him a bit, he’d go right behind michkov, but without it I think guys like smith, gauthier, nikishin will prob go top 5, then you’ll see Demidov.

And if he does well in khl this seaosn then he’ll likely be in conversation for top 3 next year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Demidov is just a superior version of Smith. There's no way he should go ahead. And lol.on Gauthier.

Wouldn’t gauthier fall under the type of player you win with? I know Montreal fans didn’t just dump that mindset for the sake of poll listings…. After spewing it in 20 different zegras threads

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wouldn’t gauthier fall under the type of player you win with? I know Montreal fans didn’t just dump that mindset for the sake of poll listings…. After spewing it in 20 different zegras threads
Zegras is just not a good player, don't bring that crap in here.

Gauthier seems like an entitled primadonna that couldn't behave in a WJC, well see. All I know is Demidov is better than both and so are a few other prospects. Namely Iginla, Buium and Catton just from this year.

• Haha
Reactions: MD93

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Zegras is just not a good player, don't bring that crap in here.

Gauthier seems like an entitled primadonna that couldn't behave in a WJC, well see. All I know is Demidov is better than both and so are a few other prospects. Namely Iginla, Buium and Catton just from this year.
I’m just trying to find a little consistency amongst mindsets

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I mean you could say that about a lot of players…. Hell watch a sennecke highlight video and you can see why Anaheim took him 3.

I think if Demidov had some sort of KHL stat to help back him a bit, he’d go right behind michkov, but without it I think guys like smith, gauthier, nikishin will prob go top 5, then you’ll see Demidov.

And if he does well in khl this seaosn then he’ll likely be in conversation for top 3 next year.
yet Michkov was a consensus #2 last year before his KHL season.... Demidov has/had the same hype going into the draft, I dont think you can argue that. Hes a different player than Michkov, but the numbers pre-draft are very similar in the same league.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
yet Michkov was a consensus #2 last year before his KHL season.... Demidov has/had the same hype going into the draft, I dont think you can argue that.

Hes a different player than Michkov, but the numbers pre-draft are very similar in the same league.

I actually felt like michkov was more hyped personally and by a decent margin and had some khl success at that point.

Not saying Demidov is bad or won’t be good, but I don’t think he was nearly as hyped as michkov was.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I actually felt like michkov was more hyped personally and by a decent margin and had some khl success at that point.

Not saying Demidov is bad or won’t be good, but I don’t think he was nearly as hyped as michkov was.
oh he'll be even more hyped now that hes a Hab.... but pre-draft? I felt like they had similar hype. As a Montrealer we were very big on both. Michkov did have a few more red flags (the contract, Russian factor soon after the war, and character issues which was ultimately why he was passed on as per Kent Hughes)...... was definitely a mistake to not draft him, but getting Demidov makes up for it provided Reinbacher is a solid Dman.

Demidov (DOB: Dec 10, 05)

1720022909532.png

Michkov (DOB: Dec 9, 04)

1720022992497.png

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
oh he'll be even more hyped now that hes a Hab.... but pre-draft? I felt like they had similar hype.

Demidov (DOB: Dec 10, 05)

View attachment 891842

Michkov (DOB: Dec 9, 04)

View attachment 891843

Ya he’ll def get super hyped now that he’s a hab, but prior to draft I didn’t think they got the same type of hype.

I could be off, but I felt like michkov was hyped as the best Russian prospect since ovie…. Didn’t feel that way about Demidov hype

Reactions: HabzSauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad