HFBoards TOP 50 Prospect Ranking: #10 (closed)

• K'Andre Miller - D

• Erik Brannstrom - D

• Evan Bouchard - D

• Matthew Boldy - C

• Dylan Cozens - C

• Trevor Zegras - C

• Filip Zadina - W

• Martin Necas - C

• Adam Fox - D

• Cole Caufield - W

• Adam Boqvist - D

• Morgan Frost - C

• Noah Dobson - D

• Jusso Valimaki - D

• Cody Glass - C

• Vasili Podkolzin - W

• Grigori Denisenko - W

• Rasmus Sandin - D

• Ty Smith - D

• Other (who?)

• Barrett Hayton - C

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
so whats your list look like
I don’t understand how you don’t understand that a list completely open to internet posters, the majority of whom haven’t seen the majority of the prospects being voted on play at all, is going to be f***ed. You not only don’t have Veleno or Hague as options, you don’t even have them in your “to add” category. That’s a joke. Not on your part, on the whole endeavour.

Away from my computer and doing this on my phone, but here’s a rough top-75. Will it be proven incredibly wrong? Undoubtedly. But it sure as hell is and will be better than that of the “community,” if only because my favourite teams (Leafs/Pens) have very few prospects in the running, and because I actually spend large amounts of my time to watch such prospects play for myself.

1. Hughes
2. Makar
3. Kakko
4. Glass (joke that he’s not been voted in yet)
5. Dach
6. Byram
7. Hughes
8. Dobson
9. Turcotte
10. Kravtsov
11. Veleno
12. Kaprisov
13. Batherson
14. Cozens
15. Frost
16. Zegras
17. Zadina
18. Hague
19. Smith
20. Boqvist
21. Hayton
22. Brannstrom
23. Necas
24. Caufield
25. Myers
26. Krebs
27. Kyrou
28. Podkolzin
29. Boldy
30. Farabee
31. Heponiemi
32. Newhook
33. Seider
34. Bouchard
35. Broberg
36. Fabbro
37. Brook
38. N. Suzuki
39. Tippett
40. Denisenko
41. Comtois
41. Vesalainen
42. Soderstrom
43. Terry
44. Steel
44. Dube
45. Romanov
46. Valimaki
47. Fox
48. K. Miller
49. Sandin
50. Liljegren
51. Niku
52. York
53. C. Foote
54. Vilardi (held down by injury concerns)
55. Harley
56. Wilde
57. Poehling
58. Andersson
59. Tolvanen
60. Heinola
61. Alexeyev
62. Formenton
63. Kupari
64. Timmins (held down by injury concerns)
65. Thomas
66. Vaakanainen
67. Wahlstrom
68. Ratcliffe
69. Bokk
70. Noel
71. Robertson
72. Kaut
73. Tomasino
74. J. Boqvist
75. R. Suzuki

HM: Kostin, Texier, Nylander, Thomson, Pelletier, Anderson, Samberg

Reactions: HanSolo

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I don’t understand how you don’t understand that a list completely open to internet posters, the majority of whom haven’t seen the majority of the prospects being voted on play at all, is going to be ****ed. You not only don’t have Veleno or Hague as options, you don’t even have them in your “to add” category. That’s a joke. Not on your part, on the whole endeavour.

Away from my computer and doing this on my phone, but here’s a rough top-75. Will it be proven incredibly wrong? Undoubtedly. But it sure as hell is and will be better than that of the “community,” if only because my favourite teams (Leafs/Pens) have very few prospects in the running, and because I actually spend large amounts of my time to watch such prospects play for myself.

Lindy Ruff, is that you? but great, thanks for your input. I will add Veleno and Hague.

and heres some advice, DONT TAKE THIS SO SERIOUSLY.... Absolutely none of us are hockey "experts" here, we do this for fun in the off season. Its one thing to SUGGEST to add players for the next pool, and its another thing to say "this list is awful, blah blah blah blah, you dont know how to conduct a poll...".

Seriously, man. Get a hold of yourself. This may only be a message board but I am one of only few that take THE TIME to do this every year and acutally follow through until poll #50.

If you dont like it, if it makes you this angry, then just dont bother. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Lindy Ruff, is that you? but great, thanks for your input. I will add Veleno and Hague.

and heres some advice, DONT TAKE THIS SO SERIOUSLY.... Absolutely none of us are hockey "experts" here, we do this for fun in the off season. Its one thing to SUGGEST to add players for the next pool, and its another thing to say "this list is awful, blah blah blah blah, you dont know how to conduct a poll...".

Seriously, man. Get a hold of yourself. This may only be a message board but I one of only few that take THE TIME to do this every year and acutally follow through until poll #50.

If you dont like it, if it makes you this angry, then just dont bother. Simple as that.
Thanks for the response. I want to clarify that my words are not directed at you. This is a fun exercise that I appreciate your work in setting up. As one who closely follows the world of prospects, some of the results and voting behaviours are just hard to stomach. But, as you said, this really has no meaning and I shouldn’t get worked up over it’s specifics. Cheers.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Thanks for the response. I want to clarify that my words are not directed at you. This is a fun exercise that I appreciate your work in setting up. As one who closely follows the world of prospects, some of the results and voting behaviours are just hard to stomach. But, as you said, this really has no meaning and I shouldn’t get worked up over it’s specifics. Cheers.
All good.... Next year, if I remember, I will PM you in advance. You clearly have better knowledge about prospects than most on here.

Like I didnt know: Tolvanen, Lias Andersson, and Wahlstrom fell so much..... The Thomas you listed = Akil, I assume?

But yes, unfortunately, these lists are more of a popularity contest after the top 15 or so.... But sometimes it just takes one poster to post a compelling argument to influence others. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad. One good thing about the new format is that I can hide the results until after someone votes, at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
All good.... Next year, if I remember, I will PM you in advance. You clearly have better knowledge about prospects than most on here.

Like I didnt know: Tolvanen, Lias Andersson, and Wahlstrom fell so much..... The Thomas you listed = Akil, I assume?

But yes, unfortunately, these lists are more of a popularity contest after the top 15 or so.... But sometimes it just takes one poster to post a compelling argument to influence others. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad. One good thing about the new format is that I can hide the results until after someone votes, at least.
Yes, that Thomas. My rankings of Tolvanen, Andersson, and Wahlstrom probably don’t align with most, but none impressed me at all this season and some prospects showed huge progression.

If you’re considering the first idea, I suggest PMing guys like @Daximus and @Tryamkin. Those guys know more than I. I’d also recommend @Pavel Buchnevich who gets hate for having his own opinions but clearly watches lots of prospects in-depth.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Favin's top 100 (and top-25 by position) are listed here. (Feel free to cut, paste and reorder into your own lists...as others have done).

Favin's Top 100 Prospects

I have bolded the players picked already, and current leading vote-getters in italics

OVERALL TOP 100
1. Jack Hughes, C, NJD
2. Kaapo Kakko, RW, NYR
3. Quinn Hughes, LHD, VAN
4. Martin Necas, C, CAR
5. Cale Makar, RHD, COL
6. Cody Glass, C, VGK
7. Kirill Kaprizov, RW, MIN
8. Bowen Byram, LHD, COL
9. Alex Turcotte, C, LAK

10. Filip Zadina, RW, DET
11. Trevor Zegras, C, ANA
12. Erik Brannstrom, LHD, OTT
13. Troy Terry, RW, ANA
14. Noah Dobson, RHD, NYI
15. Matthew Boldy, LW, MIN
16. Vitali Kravtsov, RW, NYR
17. Grigori Denisenko, LW, FLA
18. Evan Bouchard, RHD, EDM
19. Drake Batherson, RW, OTT
20. Vasili Podkolzin, RW, VAN
21. Jordan Kyrou, C, STL
22. Barrett Hayton, C, ARI
23. Eeli Tolvanen, RW, NSH
24. Adam Boqvist, RHD, CHI
25. Nick Suzuki, C, MTL
26. Ty Smith, LHD, NJD
27. Adam Fox, RHD, NYR
28. Ilya Sorokin, G, NYI
29. Owen Tippett, RW, FLA
30. Kristian Vesalainen, LW, WPG
31. Morgan Frost, C, PHI
32. Joel Farabee, LW, PHI
33. Cole Caufield, LW, MTL
34. Sam Steel, C, ANA
35. Spencer Knight, G, FLA
36. Victor Soderstrom, RHD, ARI
37. Peyton Krebs, LW, VGK
38. Oliver Wahlstrom, RW, NYI
39. Ilya Samsonov, G, WAS
40. Dylan Cozens, C, BUF
41. Ryan Poehling, C, MTL
42. Dante Fabbro, RHD, NSH
43. Igor Shestyorkin, G, NYR
44. Rasmus Kupari, RW, LAK
45. Carter Hart, G, PHI
46. Cam York, LHD, PHI
47. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G, BUF
48. Kirby Dach, C, CHI
49. Juuso Valimaki, LHD, CGY
50. Moritz Seider, RHD, DET
51. Philip Broberg, LHD, EDM
52. Ville Heinola, LHD, WPG
53. Aleksi Heponiemi, C, FLA
54. Alexandre Texier, LW, CBJ
55. Alex Newhook, C, COL
56. Arthur Kaliyev, RW, LAK
57. Lassi Thomson, RHD, OTT
58. Pavel Dorofeyev, LW, VGK
59. Joe Veleno, C, DET
60. Bobby Brink, RW, PHI
61. Ryan Suzuki, C, CAR
62. Connor McMichael, C, WAS
63. Ruslan Iskhakov, LW, NYI
64. Dominik Bokk, RW, STL
65. Philip Tomasino, C, NSH
66. Bode Wilde, RHD, NYI
67. Thatcher Demko, G, VAN
68. Alexander Nylander, RW, BUF
69. Philippe Myers, RHD, PHI
70. Raphael Lavoie, C, EDM
71. Jesper Boqvist, LW, NJD
72. Jason Robertson, RW, DAL
73. Gabe Vilardi, C, LAK
74. Maxime Comtois, LW, ANA
75. Taro Hirose, LW, DET
76. Rasmus Sandin, LHD, TOR
77. K’andre Miller, LHD, NYR
78. Ville Husso, G, STL
79. Alexander Romanov, LHD, MTL
80. Alex Formenton, LW, OTT
81. Josh Norris, C, OTT
82. Matthew Robertson, LHD, NYR
83. Josh Brook, RHD, MTL
84. Nils Hoglander, LW, VAN
85. Alex Vlasic, LHD, CHI
86. Isac Lundestrom, C, ANA
87. Urho Vaakanainen, LHD, BOS
88. Thomas Harley, LHD, DAL
89. Klim Kostin, RW, STL
90. Jesse Ylonen, RW, MTL
91. Max Jones, LW, ANA
92. MacKenzie Blackwood, G, NJD
93. Isaac Ratcliffe, LW, PHI
94. Filip Gustavsson, G, OTT
95. Cal Petersen, G, LAK
96. Jake Bean, LHD, CAR
97. Tobias Bjornfot, LHD, LAK
98. Shane Bowers, C, COL
99. Lucas Elvenes, RW, VGK
100. Ian Mitchell, RHD, CHI

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's Cody Glass. And it's a good think it looks like he'll win this one, because otherwise it'll start getting to the point where it's ridiculous that he hasn't been voted in yet.

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad